News:

If you need instructions on how to get through the hotels, check out the enclosed instruction book.

Main Menu

Actually important thread about the future of the clockcrew

Farted by AstronautClock, July 15, 2014, 06:01:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Marlin Clock

Speaking of, where the fuck is Flounderman? Guy hasn't been on in a month.

zl

BilliardBall10

Quote from: DigitalLemonClock;1973372I was banned for a month the day after for posting goatse, heh

rofl, good one

Quote from: Marlin Clock;1973376Honestly, I've always felt we are just a relic of the past. The way the people use the internet has changed and I for one don't really like the direction it's gone. I'd rather us just stay as we are and fade into obscurity than try to see if we can get into the culture of reddit or tumblr. I feel it would be much an exercise in futility anyway. I think the biggest thing we have to realize is that the internet will always be founded on the backs of bored highschoolers with too much time on their hands, and we just are too old for that scene. We've grown up. I don't think the highschoolers of today would really appreciate a surreal Flounderman flash or a more high brow Topcatyo flash. It's just not in their periphery.

Granted, I have never contributed anything artistic of merit, so I suppose I really have no right to say what any of us should do. I'm just sayin what I've felt these past few years.

good points.

some parts of this are similar to my views about the current state of the clock crew.

with one vital difference: we MUST fight for this crew to survive.
and we MUST adapt to new enviroments, if we wanna last any longer.
also we need new members.

k -i raise dragons. here we go -click HERE- i mean click the eggs -and the dragons, until they become  adults.

d u m p y

on a completely serious note:
the clock crew and our characters and all of our jokes make absolutely no sense outside of the context of newgrounds.
trying to become tumblr compatible or whatever is like trying to force a square peg into a round hole and is honestly really fucking dumb and personally i'd prefer we didn't even attempt it because it'll make us all look dumb.

PhantomCatClock

I'm glad all these "let's not" voices are finally coming up

SpriteRemixClock

Quote from: BilliardBall10;1973384rofl, good one

good points.

some parts of this are similar to my views about the current state of the clock crew.

with one vital difference: we MUST fight for this crew to survive.
and we MUST adapt to new enviroments, if we wanna last any longer.
also we need new members.

I agree. This is very close to the way I see the Clock Crew today.

One very important thing must change, though. We need to recruit new people.

In addition to that, we must be able to evolve with the internet if this group is to continue. Let's not forget that we'll have to battle for its survival.

Anyone concur?

miracle fruit

Quote from: Marlin Clock;1973376Honestly, I've always felt we are just a relic of the past. The way the people use the internet has changed and I for one don't really like the direction it's gone. I'd rather us just stay as we are and fade into obscurity than try to see if we can get into the culture of reddit or tumblr. I feel it would be much an exercise in futility anyway. I think the biggest thing we have to realize is that the internet will always be founded on the backs of bored highschoolers with too much time on their hands, and we just are too old for that scene. We've grown up. I don't think the highschoolers of today would really appreciate a surreal Flounderman flash or a more high brow Topcatyo flash. It's just not in their periphery.

Granted, I have never contributed anything artistic of merit, so I suppose I really have no right to say what any of us should do. I'm just sayin what I've felt these past few years.

marlin knows

PhantomCatClock

Quote from: SpriteRemixClock;1973404Anyone concur?

With the recruiting people part, at least

SpriteRemixClock

Quote from: PhantomCatClock;1973407With the recruiting people part, at least

i guess it was too subtle.

GreyClock

pop-tart

Hard for new ppl to join when registration is disabled in the forum software.

pop-tart

Did you guys know that Amy Adams turns 40 next week? I think she's pretty doable for her age.

miracle fruit

Quote from: pop-tart;1973414Hard for new ppl to join when registration is disabled in the forum software.

is there a reason its still disabled? the bots arent even registering that way. it doesnt make a difference

pop-tart

I don't know if it's still disabled for real. I'll have to look.

RobClock

Quote from: pop-tart;1973415Did you guys know that Amy Adams turns 40 next week? I think she's pretty doable for her age.

She's damn fine.

BilliardBall10

Quote from: SpriteRemixClock;1973404I agree. This is very close to the way I see the Clock Crew today.

One very important thing must change, though. We need to recruit new people.

In addition to that, we must be able to evolve with the internet if this group is to continue. Let's not forget that we'll have to battle for its survival.

Anyone concur?

i concur 100%.

i've been saying for the last 3 years (and more), that we NEED to recruit new members.
noone listens, but i hope that this will change.

also! we must evolve. get with the times. (no pun intended) we have to reach new mediums, and arts, and we must approach all people and all artists.
we have to do some trends, some CC memes, and more stuff.
we must invite writers, painters, people who create music, and animators ofcourse.
we have to become a new, refined art and social portal.

we can do this.

but first, we must get some new members.

Quote from: pop-tart;1973415Did you guys know that Amy Adams turns 40 next week? I think she's pretty doable for her age.
she is 40? damn, im old. she is very attractive, and for a strange reason kinda cute.

Quote from: pop-tart;1973420OK, we're good now.
good. we had to enable the register functions, so thanks poptart!

k -i raise dragons. here we go -click HERE- i mean click the eggs -and the dragons, until they become  adults.

Slurpee

she ages really well but you basically can't hide crows feet.
kind of shocked that Enchanted was already 7 years ago though.

Quote from: SpriteRemixClock;1973410i guess it was too subtle.

I got it.

FLOUNDERMAN_CLOCK

Quote from: Zombie Lincoln;1973381perhaps his dark past has caught up with him

After my latest public indiscretion I've had to lay low. I'm currently disguised as a wealthy robber baron by the name of Lord Cockenmeyer III ESQ.

d u m p y

flounderman ive been waiting for you to show up so i could show you my power electronics album