News:

If you need instructions on how to get through the hotels, check out the enclosed instruction book.

Main Menu

Huge Unreal Tournament 3 update and FREE TO PLAY weekend!

Farted by SoBe Clock, March 05, 2009, 04:16:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SoBe Clock

New weapons, vehicles, maps, game modes, and improved AI!
Plus over 50 steam achievements have been added.

Plus, its free to play and download for this weekend!

If you have a retail version you can activate it on steam to download it and get the update.

I've been waiting for this update for quite some time I'm going to go play! If any clocks have the game or download it for free this weekend hit me up on steam and we'll play together.

EDIT:
Oh I also forgot to mention that the game only costs $20 normally and is actually 40% off this weekend so it only costs $12.

EDIT2:
A full list of the changes and a trailer is posted down below.

EDIT3:
Also apparently the game is called "Unreal Tournament 3: Black" now.

HorseChestnutClock

Funny. I read about this update the first time yesterday and I realised it comes out tomorrow (so today). So hyped!
But my steam is fucked up... I gave the CD key to steam to activate it to download the older patches, but now it has been updating for a freaking long time... And it's only about 1/3 done by now.

When you activate something on steam does it download the files from somewhere if you aren't installing it at the same time? Even though I have the game already installed... Seems like the older patches are like more than 1 Gb in size.
(I'm kind of new to the Steam activation and all)

TequilaClock

I don't know anything about Unreal but free play sounds awesome enough to me

Downloading

SoBe Clock

Quote from: HorseChestnutClock;1535238Funny. I read about this update the first time yesterday and I realised it comes out tomorrow (so today). So hyped!
But my steam is fucked up... I gave the CD key to steam to activate it to download the older patches, but now it has been updating for a freaking long time... And it's only about 1/3 done by now.

When you activate something on steam does it download the files from somewhere if you aren't installing it at the same time? Even though I have the game already installed... Seems like the older patches are like more than 1 Gb in size.
(I'm kind of new to the Steam activation and all)

Actually I'm not sure, I've never activated a non Steam game on Steam.

I'm having trouble downloading the update myself.. all day it keeps starting and stopping.

I'll let it run overnight and see if it finishes.

Fireman

my friend keeps saying unreal tourney 3 is dead, is this true?
considering buying it and I must say downloading 8 gigs is a big deal for me.

SoBe Clock

Quote from: FIREMAN;1535676my friend keeps saying unreal tourney 3 is dead, is this true?
considering buying it and I must say downloading 8 gigs is a big deal for me.

While it doesn't have the amount of players that, say, source games have, you'll never go without being able to find a game online.
And I suspect this update will bring a lot of old players back and this free weekend will bring in a lot of newcomers.

Oh I also forgot to mention that the game only costs $20 normally and is actually 40% off this weekend so it only costs $12.

Fireman

Quote from: SoBe Clock;1535705While it doesn't have the amount of players that, say, source games have, you'll never go without being able to find a game online.
And I suspect this update will bring a lot of old players back and this free weekend will bring in a lot of newcomers.

I figured it'd be relatively smaller user base then a source engine game, the deathmatch genre seems a bit stale at the moment.

I may as well get it, I'd have to pay a friend $20 AUD to get it for me but that'll be alright.
I'm also interested in modding for it considering Epic Games is known to use 3ds Max, which just so happens to be the same software package I'm learning.
I've been wanting to do that for quite some time but the Source Engine doesn't like 3ds Max that much and Warcraft III's official and only good tools are restricted to an obsolete version of 3ds Max which is quite hard to aquire even if you _pirate_.

SoBe Clock

Okay so Horse Chestnut and Tequila are getting it, so is Marlin.. Fireman you should download it for free for the weekend before you buy it.

We need to get some more clocks to get it and I'll host a server.

PirateClock

i own ut3 and i just activated the keycode but now it says ut3 isn't installed (it is) and requires me to fucking download 8 gigs and install it again. So i than tried to manually add UT3 to steam and succeeded in doing so. However there now two ut3's in my steam list, one registered and not installed and the other installed but not registered so i can't download shit.  Fuck you steam always making things fucking complicated.
_pirate_butchcavities (20:29:15): FUCK CLOCKS _pirate_

SoBe Clock

Quote from: Bob, Agent of HYDRA;1536194i own ut3 and i just activated the keycode but now it says ut3 isn't installed (it is) and requires me to fucking download 8 gigs and install it again. So i than tried to manually add UT3 to steam and succeeded in doing so. However there now two ut3's in my steam list, one registered and not installed and the other installed but not registered so i can't download shit.  Fuck you steam always making things fucking complicated.

Oh it says not installed since you have to install it through steam.  But the bonus is that if you download it through steam you get the achievements and the update and you never have to install from the disc again.

Just found the list of the updates and a trailer for it. Here you go.

Contents
- 16 new environments
- 3 bonus maps: CTF-Face, CTF-Searchlight and DM-Morbias
- 2 new game modes namely Greed and Betrayal
- 2 new weapons, the Stinger Turret and Eradicator Cannon artillery
- 2 new deployables, the X-Ray Field and Link Station
- 2 new characters, Nova for the Liandri and Kana for the Ronin
- A large increase in performance, being: significant AI enhancements, networking performance upgrades, greatly improved menu flow, UI usability and mod support
- Split screen multiplayer support for PS3 version (2 players)
- Awards patch allowing Trophies for PS3 and Steam Achievements for PC

[u2]vsgGQIcLplQ[/u2]

EDIT: Also there's a new mutator called the Titan. Here's a vid.
[u2]c0qOVlx8MIo[/u2]

EDIT2: Also apparently the game is called "Unreal Tournament 3: Black" now.

HorseChestnutClock

I've got the same problem as Pirate does. The status of the game just keeps saying "Download starting..."
This might take a while....

[EDIT]
Damn that trailer looks good! I bet the game play is even better.

PirateClock

so do i have to uninstall my version first or what?

edit: oh fuck this, apparently the server is busy and i should try again later.

2nd edit:  can't i just install it using my dvd-rom? seems kinda stupid to wait till i can download 8 fucking gigs when i have the dvd right here. I only need to download the update. Server still busy btw.

PirateClock

now it's been stuck on "download starting" for the last 2 hours.

PirateClock

ok it just started downloading with a whopping 100kb per second.... this is going to take a while.

HorseChestnutClock

Steam should seriously let people activate already installed games....

SoBe Clock

Yeah the problem is that Steam can't apply a patch to a non-steam downloaded game.

And the servers are sooo bogged down because everyone is downloading the game for free and downloading the update.  It took me like a day just to get the update.

It was worth it though.

EDIT: Let me see if I can find the patch for download not on steam.. I'll post back if I can.

SoBe Clock

Apparently you can get it through here, http://news.bigdownload.com/2009/03/05/download-unreal-tournament-3-titan-pack-and-patch-4/
You need patch 4 and Titan Pack.

I haven't tried it since I bought UT3 through steam in the first place.

HorseChestnutClock

I'll let it download the files just so I can get the future updates much more easier.
Thanks for posting that though.

PirateClock

so yesterday it was just stuck on either download starting and downloading 0%. But i booted my pc half an hour ago and it's already at 31% so i should have it in an hour.