News:

If you need instructions on how to get through the hotels, check out the enclosed instruction book.

Main Menu

I made more things. Including one thing which alters the very fabric of reality.

Farted by Sinister Clock, March 04, 2013, 08:11:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sinister Clock

Just finished my showreel:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gIiZZwLk88I

And I got my final foundation project up and running:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=94VwSgoi-28

(It's projection mapping/augmented reality thing)

You may recognise it from a clock day flash I hurriedly changed to be clock themed.

BilliardBall10

k -i raise dragons. here we go -click HERE- i mean click the eggs -and the dragons, until they become  adults.

Sinister Clock

Quote from: BilliardBall10;1941541cool stuff!
also the lack of sinister's nose is quite disturbing.

Clocks don't have noses silly!

BilliardBall10

Quote from: Sinister Clock;1941544Clocks don't have noses silly!

yea, but im cyrano!

also, i may ask, your animation is VERY detailed and interesting, so kudos, but HOW does this ''projection mapping/augmented reality thing'' alter the fabrics of reality?

it has a hologram projection, or it alters the depth perception of the viewer?
(in short, tell me how you alter reality)

im v. serious, so help me, here.

k -i raise dragons. here we go -click HERE- i mean click the eggs -and the dragons, until they become  adults.

Sinister Clock

Quote from: BilliardBall10;1941715yea, but im cyrano!

also, i may ask, your animation is VERY detailed and interesting, so kudos, but HOW does this ''projection mapping/augmented reality thing'' alter the fabrics of reality?

it has a hologram projection, or it alters the depth perception of the viewer?
(in short, tell me how you alter reality)

im v. serious, so help me, here.

I bought two masks age 4 and up from wilkos and stuck them on to some cardboard on my wall. Then I projected the animation I made for my foundation year project on them. Bam, 3D.

This link might help explain: http://i.imgur.com/AKcFvQI.jpg

Initially I set up a room I had been given with my masks, then I drew a quick outline over stuff, so I could work from home in Flash, using the outlines as guides, as to where everything could be. Unfortunately the teachers I had were terrible, gave me no help, and took away the room I had so I could only show the flat animation on a TV.

It's really annoying, the effect only really works in person, and projections show up really light on camera, so theres not a lot of decent ways to capture it, besides having a good camcorder.

AbbaZabaClock

We\'ll be back shortly.

AstronautClock

didnt you want to try out for internship at doublefine. I saw you psot in the backer forum about it but you never got any responses.

Sinister Clock

Ohmigosh I can't believe you saw that. But yeah deffo, I've been putting off all my uni projects to put together a quick portfolio and showreel to try and get in there. I even started on a little animation, but it would've taken waaay too long to complete.

Also did you voice my projection animation thing? The first bit? It was either you, English, or Spinning Cube.

EDIT, nope it was English.

Lump Clock

BilliardBall10

Sinister Clock

Quote from: BilliardBall10;1941837yes, you have talent!

Nah, I just did it enough until I got good at it.

Sinister Clock

Is anyone in the Clock Crew from San Francisco at all or know anyone working in a studio with people? I'm looking for an internship there.

AstronautClock

Sinister Clock

Quote from: AstronautClock;1942254too bad I'm not from america but good luck anyway!

Or London, or Scotland, or Canada or wherever really, I'm not too fussed. I'm English so it's going to be an expensive ride anyway.