News:

If you need instructions on how to get through the hotels, check out the enclosed instruction book.

Main Menu

I think I might have ADD.

Farted by Sinister Clock, May 10, 2013, 06:04:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sinister Clock

No idea why I'm using the general forum as some sort of blog, but fuck it.

After hearing some people's stories struggling with ADD, it set off a lot of bells for me. I researched it for a bit but got distracted and forgot about it. Ironically, in Maths, I got distracted and started thinking about ADD again. After a bit more research and a documentary, it just rang all the bells.

Now I'm going to the doctors to see if I'm just a stupid/lazy/distracted/procrastinating person or actually if these problems I've been having are due to living with ADD. Between putting the number in and calling the doctor, I actually did pushups/weights, facebook, twitter.

I'm supposed to be fucking revising right now as well! Tomorrow I'm going to Bristol Comic Con for the weekend and Tuesday I have a C++/openGL exam.

Fuck.

Sinister Clock

I might as well ask you guys. If any of you have known me to exhibit these symptoms, please tell me:

carelessness and lack of attention to detail
continually starting new tasks before finishing old ones
poor organisational skills
inability to focus or prioritise
continually losing or misplacing things
forgetfulness
restlessness and edginess
difficulty keeping quiet and speaking out of turn
blurting responses, and poor social timing when talking to others
often interrupting others
mood swings
irritability and a quick temper
inability to deal with stress
extreme impatience
taking risks in activities, often with little or no regard for personal safety or the safety of others

WrenchClock

WrenchClock

If you do actually have ADD, one of the best ways of dealing with it, as with most disorders of the mind, is accepting it. Accepting my GAD answered so many of the problems I've had and I feel a bit more at peace.
ADD is pretty common and there are scores of successful people who have it. Hell, the mayor of Iceland's capital has it.

Sinister Clock

Ew gross, you have Government Actuary's Department? Weirdo.

Sinister Clock

Seriously though, I know what you mean. I'm a bit anxious right now because I don't know if I for sure have it, but I think once I know it'll be a huge relief. I've already lived with it for 21 years, so my life can only get better by knowing I have it and dealing with it. I'll probably feel worse if it turns out I don't have it, ironically.

GreyClock

Yes, you have ADD. This is the internet, everyone has everything. I for one am a hypochondriac psychopath with Asperger's and an anxiety disorder. Wrench is a bipolar narcoleptic anorexic with cat AIDS. All self-diagnosed of course. Look, a bunch of the symptoms on that list apply to me. I'm pretty sure I don't have ADD though. You're probably fine. By the way, I wrote this post while I should be working on my bachelor thesis. Something I haven't even started on and is due in less than a month.

WrenchClock

Quote from: GreyClock;1947764Wrench is a bipolar narcoleptic anorexic with cat AIDS.

I told you that in confidence Grey

Slurpee

Quote from: Sinister Clock;1947758Now I'm going to the doctors to see

Ok good job problem over?

Sinister Clock

Quote from: Slurpee;1947767Ok good job problem over?

Yep.

BilliardBall10

Quote from: Sinister Clock;1947758No idea why I'm using the general forum as some sort of blog, but fuck it.

After hearing some people's stories struggling with ADD, it set off a lot of bells for me. I researched it for a bit but got distracted and forgot about it. Ironically, in Maths, I got distractedand started thinking about ADD again. After a bit more research and a documentary, it just rang all the bells.
seems to me that you're just distracted by stuff, and not an ADD syndrome.

dont worry man, you DONT have ADD, because if distracting from one thing and going to an other all the time, is an AD, then 99% of the world (AND ME INCLUDED) has ADD (which they dont).
go to the doctor, and check it out, i bet it will be just a minor symptom of procastination/lazyness/changing projects.

to answer your questions, i checked the symptoms, and my reply is below:
Quote from: Sinister Clock;1947759I might as well ask you guys. If any of you have known me to exhibit these symptoms, please tell me:

carelessness and lack of attention to detail BB10 I HAVE IT.
continually starting new tasks before finishing old ones BB10 I HAVE IT (also when doing flash)
poor organisational skills NO
inability to focus or prioritise YES I HAVE IT
continually losing or misplacing things NO
forgetfulness SOMETIMES
restlessness and edginess ALWAYS
difficulty keeping quiet and speaking out of turn NO
blurting responses, and poor social timing when talking to others NO, JUST POOR SOCIAL SKILLS
often interrupting others SOMETIMES
mood swings SOMETIMES
irritability and a quick temper OFTEN, SADLY.
inability to deal with stress ALWAYS
extreme impatience NO
taking risks in activities, often with little or no regard for personal safety or the safety of others NEVER

so, no problem here, just some minor procastination syndrome.
i bet you will be fine too sinister. tell me how your doctor appointment did check.
Quote from: WrenchClock;1947761If you do actually have ADD, one of the best ways of dealing with it, as with most disorders of the mind, is accepting it. Accepting my GAD answered so many of the problems I've had and I feel a bit more at peace.
ADD is pretty common and there are scores of successful people who have it. Hell, the mayor of Iceland's capital has it.
what's a GAD syndrome?
Quote from: GreyClock;1947764Yes, you have ADD. This is the internet, everyone has everything. I for one am a hypochondriac psychopath with Asperger's and an anxiety disorder. Wrench is a bipolar narcoleptic anorexic with cat AIDS. All self-diagnosed of course.
sorry to ask, but what's an asperger's?
also, if wrench is a narcoleptic, he should take some pills, and be careful alot. (narcolepsy is v. dangerous, esp. outdoors)

i wish you well, sinister, and to not worry. i wish you well all, actually.

k -i raise dragons. here we go -click HERE- i mean click the eggs -and the dragons, until they become  adults.

Slash

I know I have ADD whenever I have to do something I don't want to do.

Sinister Clock

Obviously I haven't just looked up the symptoms and gone, "yep I have ADD". It's a slower thing. It started off a while ago when I read a post by someone who found out they have ADD in adulthood and most of it rang true for me, then I forgot about it. I kept coming back to it though, watching a documentary about it, they described personal details about my life that they said people don't normally experience (it was "ADD and loving it!?" by the way).

I went through the list of symptoms and tried to think of times when I displayed them in adult and childhood, it wasn't very hard. I didn't really worry about it, until I asked friends, house-mates, family and course-mates if I displayed any of the symptoms, they all said I had most of them, my mum said I had all but one.

TropicanaClock

Im pretty damn sure I have add myself, but the hedonist side of me doesn't let it get to me. I doubt pills are going to make you a more productive and focused person. though I hear that adderal shit is intense
Hope you figure it all out man!

buttplug

WimpyClock

I have severe bi polar disorder, aspergers, ADD, and some sort of schizo spectrum disorder.
I feel your pain

Slurpee

guys he is seeing a doctor and that is in every respect a wiser decision than any advice any of us can give that's not related to talking to a doctor

if you are worried you are showing symptoms of a disease, disorder or illness you should SEE A DOCTOR
you're not a mechanic, either, but you know when your engine is rattling, and that's when you go talk to one

the medical establishment exists for a reason

if he has a brain problem that can be treated with prescription drugs and doing so would markedly improve his life it would be a pretty good thing if he went to a doctor and got it confirmed and treated
and if he doesn't the doctor can tell him to fuck off and he can move his hypochondriac ass the fuck on

if you found a lump of hard flesh that might just be a swollen lymph node but might also be dick cancer you wouldn't go "eh. I'm sure I'll be fine."
talk to a doctor. talk to a doctor. talk to a doctor.

BoomStick Clock

your ass has burgers.

getta load of this guy

GreyClock

Quote from: BilliardBall10;1947773sorry to ask, but what's an asperger's?
It's a type of vegetable that makes your urine smell really bad when consumed.

AstronautClock

asperges are pretty tasty with cheese sauce I'm not gonna lie