News:

If you need instructions on how to get through the hotels, check out the enclosed instruction book.

Main Menu

What are you all currently playing? (Fucking post in this thread dammit.)

Farted by NintendrCkolc, May 01, 2016, 11:50:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

NintendrCkolc

k9

the first one I played was snake eater, earlier this year. what a fucking game, brilliant shit. Only complaint was the camera, because I was playing the original PS2 version. I went to V:GZ then which I think I beat in like hour one morning lmao. I tried peacewalker but that shit was a mess. V:TPP is rlly good tho. I'm not very far in it because I keep getting stuck but it's a game I turn on every now and then when i have nothing else goin on.

gud series gud shit

k9

Quote from: NintendrCkolc on September 13, 2020, 04:51:49 PM
If you didn't cry at the end of MGS3, you didn't get it.
lol the eva twist actually got me and the ending did make me a lil emotional, which I don't think a game has ever done before for me

NintendrCkolc

Peace walker is hot garbage and not necessary. Some people swear by it but I found it super underwhelming. TPP, like 2, plays amazingly and feels awesome, but the gameplay loop gets repetitive after a while and its story is underwhelming.

3>1>twin snakes>2>4>5>GZ>PW

FLOUNDERMAN_CLOCK

Quote from: NintendrCkolc on September 13, 2020, 05:02:45 PM
Peace walker is hot garbage and not necessary. Some people swear by it but I found it super underwhelming. TPP, like 2, plays amazingly and feels awesome, but the gameplay loop gets repetitive after a while and its story is underwhelming.

Thanks for telling me I can skip Peace Walker. It sounded like a slog to get through, and I mainly just wanted to play Rising and V without too much confusion. I know it's an unfinished story but looks so fun I think I can get over it getting repetitive by the end.

and one of these days I need to play the original ps1 version. It seems like a different experience. Ghost Babel too, I know it isn't canon but I don't care.

Quote from: K-9_CLOCK on September 13, 2020, 04:52:34 PM
the first one I played was snake eater, earlier this year. what a fucking game, brilliant shit. Only complaint was the camera, because I was playing the original PS2 version. I went to V:GZ then which I think I beat in like hour one morning lmao. I tried peacewalker but that shit was a mess. V:TPP is rlly good tho. I'm not very far in it because I keep getting stuck but it's a game I turn on every now and then when i have nothing else goin on.

gud series gud shit
I played the 360 version, you can switch between the old and new camera with a button press and I found myself doing that a lot. You can tell the game is designed with the old camera in mind but you still play 90% of in third person because it's just clearly better. I never had this issue with the first two, even though they seem similar at first. I don't even know what they did wrong.

and yeah Eva was easily the most interesting character. Knowing she's in MGS4 makes me real excited to play it in ten years when the emulation is accurate and not crashy.

k9

Quote from: FLOUNDERMAN_CLOCK on September 13, 2020, 05:41:59 PM
Quote from: NintendrCkolc on September 13, 2020, 05:02:45 PM

Thanks for telling me I can skip Peace Walker. It sounded like a slog to get through, and I mainly just wanted to play Rising and V without too much confusion. I know it's an unfinished story but looks so fun I think I can get over it getting repetitive by the end.

and one of these days I need to play the original ps1 version. It seems like a different experience. Ghost Babel too, I know it isn't canon but I don't care.

Quote from: K-9_CLOCK on September 13, 2020, 04:52:34 PM

gud series gud shit
I played the 360 version, you can switch between the old and new camera with a button press and I found myself doing that a lot. You can tell the game is designed with the old camera in mind but you still play 90% of in third person because it's just clearly better. I never had this issue with the first two, even though they seem similar at first. I don't even know what they did wrong.

and yeah Eva was easily the most interesting character. Knowing she's in MGS4 makes me real excited to play it in ten years when the emulation is accurate and not crashy.

idk if ill play 4 when i get to it because my brother got me into the MGS games but he says MGS4 is a legitmately terrible game and he hates it. Everytime he runs through them again he skips it, which worries me lol

PolyhedronClock

PolyhedronClock

k9

I got Jak 1 again and it's really good. I played through it originally in 2017 but I lost my copy. It's still really easy and short, but godammit is it satisfying to play. My only complaint is that the controls can feel a bit sluggish sometimes.

Clocktopus

Anyone here play Fall Guys?

Me, Marsh (he's a fuckin god,) Pannacotta, Topcatyo, Action, Thor all play. Its super fun in groups and even better now with anti cheat and randomized levels but I'm definitely slowing down now until there's more content.

PhantomCatClock

I actually just bought an xbox controller to play that with because I'm sick of resetting my switch's pro controller. Should be here in a couple days

Clocktopus

Quote from: PhantomCatClock on September 17, 2020, 08:47:51 PM
I actually just bought an xbox controller to play that with because I'm sick of resetting my switch's pro controller. Should be here in a couple days

You mean either having to go through the bluetooth pairing process again or use the charger cable to connect it to your PC if you use it for your Switch between games?

Yeah, it's frustrating but I just love this controller so much. I got special Splatoon 2 green and pink colors. B)

PhantomCatClock

It'll just pair if I activate it while my computer's discoverable, but then I have to run evtest to see which input device it is and then run a little script and plug that number into it, to get the sticks set just right. It sounds like a pain but it takes a couple of seconds. It's pairing it to the Switch again that I am just too lazy for. Gotta push the little reset button on the top—again, it's not much, but two years of it made me finally break down and get a dedicated computer controller

that doesn't start with the word Steam

PhantomCatClock

to be clear, I am one of the few people who truly enjoys the Steam controller. Just gotta have that second stick for some games, you know

ie games actually meant for a controller

DiscoBallClock

Quote from: Clocktopus on September 17, 2020, 06:47:56 PM
Anyone here play Fall Guys?

Me, Marsh (he's a fuckin god,) Pannacotta, Topcatyo, Action, Thor all play. Its super fun in groups and even better now with anti cheat and randomized levels but I'm definitely slowing down now until there's more content.

I'm assuming you guys play on PC, right? If so, I'll buy it soon

[FLASH=http://files.myfrogbag.com/kqk1bc/discosig.swf]http://width=300 height=200[/FLASH]

Clocktopus

Quote from: DiscoBallClock on September 18, 2020, 08:16:53 AM
Yup!

They'll be cross play eventually though, so its not a loss in the long run if you get it on Playstation.

Clocktopus

I bought Super Mario 3D All Stars.

Man, I'm such a fucking Nintendo shill.

DiscoBallClock

Quote from: Clocktopus on September 18, 2020, 01:42:31 PM
Quote from: DiscoBallClock on September 18, 2020, 08:16:53 AM
Yup!

They'll be cross play eventually though, so its not a loss in the long run if you get it on Playstation.

Well, I'm planning on getting the PS5, so I guess I'll just get it on PC

[FLASH=http://files.myfrogbag.com/kqk1bc/discosig.swf]http://width=300 height=200[/FLASH]

k9

I want a PS5 so bad but £450 is like, money

ill hopefully get one sooner rather than later, some of those games look sick

k9

Quote from: Clocktopus on September 18, 2020, 01:59:49 PM
I bought Super Mario 3D All Stars.

Man, I'm such a fucking Nintendo shill.

yes

yes you are

how is it? I've heard alot of things about emulation issues and like debug shit in Sunshine? which is weird idk how that happened