News:

If you need instructions on how to get through the hotels, check out the enclosed instruction book.

Main Menu

click here to log out

Farted by Losperman, November 01, 2005, 01:26:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RobClock

PhantomCatClock

GreyClock

Quote from: RobClock on September 20, 2019, 08:01:56 PM
How does one swallow all emotions and act stoic in the face of your hopes and dreams crumbling about you?

Asking for a friend
Relativization is key.

- Contemplate the size of the universe. Even if all my hopes and dreams came true and I'd be crowned King of Earth, I'd be king of a tiny speck of cosmic debris. Maybe there's a bacterial king of that little patch of fungus in my shower. Who gives a fuck.
- There's no such thing as a soul. Emotions are nothing but chemical reactions and the evolutionary byproducts of Life's hunger for existence.
- No matter what, I'll be dead in about fifty years.
- Death is nothing, an infinite void.

Enjoy!

GreyClock

I think you have to find that shit above hilarious though, if you take it too seriously it could fuck you up. So maybe it's bad advice.

Focus on the stuff that is going well? You have a cabin out in nature (unless it burning down is what spawned the question or whatever), you live in Canada, that's pretty cool. Maybe there's a new Duke Nukem coming out?

RobClock

RobClock

Quote from: Slurpee on November 09, 2016, 03:57:06 AM
*all five fingers of a cursed monkey paw simultaneously curl into a fist around my dick*
aw ye

I was going through old posts to find a drawing, came across this, and laughed until tears

PhantomCatClock

Slurpee

thank, the trophies I won for that post sit proudly on my mantle

Clocktopus

Quote from: GreyClock on September 21, 2019, 04:27:06 AM
I think you have to find that shit above hilarious though, if you take it too seriously it could fuck you up. So maybe it's bad advice.

Too late. My first major depression was because of that fear. D:

But, the trick is to distract yourself and joke about it. My folks hate how I joke about the cold, scary, grip of death but its a good coping mechanism.

Clocktopus

also wtf mario kart tour is kinda really fun i didnt think i would like the gameplay on phones

GreyClock

Quote from: OctopusClock on September 25, 2019, 02:29:59 PM

Too late. My first major depression was because of that fear. D:

But, the trick is to distract yourself and joke about it. My folks hate how I joke about the cold, scary, grip of death but its a good coping mechanism.
That blows.

First off, let me say, whatever works. Second, I meant it more in the sense of finding peace of mind through accepting that stuff as cold hard fact. Not distracting yourself from it, or joking at (/about) it, but knowing it and finding the humor in this crazy predicament that we find ourselves in (in and of itself). You're alive, until you're not. Death is inescapable and endless. I don't know why, but notions like that are really funny to me. I was a little drunk going into this post, but I guess you could take it another step and say something like: "If the end result is always the same (death), it doesn't matter what happens before that." Be depressed, manic, ecstatic, lacksadaisical about it, it doesn't matter. And it really doesn't, however in the here and now I prefer sitting here with a buzz on laughing about a concept like "death is inescapable and endless." Rather than cry about it. You know? Drinking cheap beer with ice cubes and lemon parts is the bee's knees. Maybe I'll think different when I wake up some day and piss blood, but we'll cross that bridge whenever. I kinda lost my train of thought here, but yeah.

Life's a riddle, wrapped in a mystery, inside an enigma, shoved up a conundrum's dead asshole.

Clocktopus

yeah i don’t really think about it or care about it at all when i’m on antidepressants but the idea that after life is like before you were born scares the ever loving shit out of me

it’s like deleting a save file but the save file is MY LIFE that sounded cooler in my head fff

AbsintheClock

RobClock

It was a hell of a weekend but I wanted to get out and do some more work on the house. I don't have the money right now to proceed with any of the next big steps in the section that I've been working on, so I decided to open up some more walls moving down the main hallway. One of these walls was in the master bedroom, which I was more than a little concerned about being compromised. I was correct to have that suspicion.

The left side of the window (looking out) is where the extension meets up with the original building. The extension was added some 20 years ago and was never sided beyond house wrap (which is, obviously, long gone) which has lead to some serious deterioration from weather over time. So I pop off the lovely 70s style wood paneling and im staring right through the wall and a million fucking ants start going everywhere. Swell. Didn't have the materials on hand to deal with the situation so i hastily affixed a 2x8 over the hole, sealed it with what was left in a tube of silicone, and called it a day, thoroughly exhausted and emotionally defeated.

RobClock

Focus on the stuff that is going well? You have a cabin out in nature (unless it burning down is what spawned the question or whatever), you live in Canada, that's pretty cool. Maybe there's a new Duke Nukem coming out?

Sorry to have just skimmed over this entirely. I do appreciate that you responded genuinely, I was not expecting that whatsoever. I try not to talk to much about my depressive spurts because it causes me to continue to fixate on what it is that has me down and drag them out longer than they otherwise would be, which is already usually days/weeks at a time. My initial post was an attempt at making light of it.

I'm kind of with Octopus here, distraction is key. Putting my attention and energy into creative projects really is what keeps me going most times, just to stay out of my own head more or less. When I'm at work I tend to sing to myself, which I'm sure other people around just love, because thinking about the lyrics prevents me from thinking about my anxieties.

Anyways that's enough of that horse thief emotional talk.

Duke Nukem is so fucking dead right now it's unreal. Ion Fury is genuinely fantastic, however.

PhantomCatClock

huge shoutout to my brother who was helping me trim this tree

he saw me holding a branch in one hand and the saw in the other and when I left for a minute and came back with an already bright-red bandaid, then put a glove on it, did not ask/mention

PhantomCatClock

No Clocks in the monthly voting (October will have us shine) but a cartoon called Slurp is, in case you were active enough to be invited to vote, Slurpé

RobClock

[u2]rSv8J6mpKLw[/u2]

it still stings, eight years later

patriotclock

i just got a bonus at work for successfully leading a huge company-wide project that’s outside of my job description. it’s only like $500 tho but I want to use it all on a Switch and games like a lil baby, someone convince me to put towards a house like a manly adult instead 😩😩😩

RobClock

I mean Doom 5 comes out next month you could pre order that