News:

If you need instructions on how to get through the hotels, check out the enclosed instruction book.

Main Menu

What Do You See in the Picture?

Farted by Slurpee, January 03, 2013, 06:03:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Slurpee

http://secretlifeofpronouns.com/exercise/TATintro/

QuoteLook at the picture. Your task is to write a complete story about the picture you see above. This should be an imaginative story with a beginning, middle, and an end. Try to portray who the people might be, what they are feeling, thinking, and wishing. Try to tell what led to the situation depicted in the picture and how everything will turn out in the end.

Be sure and examine the picture for several seconds before clicking the button below. Once you push the button, you will have 10 minutes to write whatever story comes into your mind. You should write continuously the entire 10 minutes. If you need more than 10 minutes, feel free to continue writing until you are finished.

Sandra lifted her chemistry instrument and dropped a dollop of something or another into a vial. There was some wicked crazy science going on and she was damn sure at the center of it. She peered thoughtfully at the vial. Other people, less science-oriented, may have thought this was a complicated business, and they'd be right. This was a mad hurricane of complex, obtuse science, not for the layman and certainly not for the laywoman. But Sandra is a science machine. She was the calm eye at the center of this whirlwind of crazy-go-nuts science disasterdanger and she had a science boner that just wouldn't quit. She was just about to attempt something insane that a lesser scientist would never even dream of, when she heard a nasty hacking cough from her left side. Ugh. Gertrude.

"I'm like way super busy right now Gertrude."

Gertrude ignored her, as usual.

"Where'd you get the vial, Sandy? I thought you were a beaker kind of girl."

Sandra hated being called Sandy and she hated Gertrude.

"I freaking got it from the storeroom, GERTIE, you freaking know that jeeze. That's where we get all of our stuff!"

Gertrude started to say something but Sandra was having none of it, "And I'm using a vial because I'm a scientist and a worker needs the right tool for the job! If I could use a beaker I would, OBVIOUSLY."

Gertrude looked down and tapped herself on the nose. She'd made a fool of herself with her line  of unscientific inquiry and she was utterly chagrined. She tried to change the subject.

"So are you going to the symposium this Sunday? Robert said he wanted to go with you."

Sandra rolled her eyes. Robert had been hitting on her ever since she saved him from the science bullies, Tom and Cossette.

"The symposium only invited me because they want my encyclopedic knowledge of all science known to man."

"Oh," Gertrude said, dejected.

"Except rap and country," added Sandra.

Gertrude had long suspected Sandra had a gaping lack of knowledge for strict beats and mad rhymes, but was surprised to hear the weakness so aptly spoken.

"Well, if you're not going, do you mind if I ask Robert to go with me?"

Sandra put down her instruments, frustrated and knowing she wasn't going to get any work done until she got rid of wretched, vile Gertrude.

"I didn't say I wasn't going, Gurt, gee whiz! If Robert wants to go with me I'll go to make him happy and that's none of your freaking business! Now would you PLEASE let me finish sciencing? I've almost developed a new way to do it better."

Gertrude broke her gaze and stared at the ground.

"I didn't mean to upset you, Sandy. The truth is... the truth is I like you!"

Sandra turned around in surprise. Her anger flushed away at the sight of the pitiable, frail lower scientist in front of her.

"Hey..." she said gently, walking up to her. Softly putting her hands on Gertrude's cheeks, she lifted her face.

"S... Sandy?" Gertrude said, as she was pulled into a gentle kiss.

The high scientornos would never approve. A great scientist like Sandra was never supposed to get involved romantically with scum like Gertrude. But they knew that had to be together. Making swiftly for their science boats, the two lovers, armed with chainsaws, sped across Scientist Lake to an unknown future. The end.

Lump Clock

clockradioclock

that was a really good story, slurpy.
[SIGPIC]dance with me[/SIGPIC]

I1I1I1I1I1I1I11111I1I1I1IIIIIII1I1I1I1I11I

That was easily the best piece of literature I have read in a while. That deserves an A + and an Oprah Book Club sticker.
Quote from: PezDispenserclock;1948598Abba, I might not smoke weed, but I experiancing it being hit with a crowbar on a modded TTT server. Flashing colours, screen flipped, screen flying. Yup, I know how it\'s like.