News:

If you need instructions on how to get through the hotels, check out the enclosed instruction book.

Main Menu

click here to log out

Farted by Losperman, November 01, 2005, 01:26:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PhantomCatClock

like the mario 3 one looks like someone from clock crew storyboarded it to see what they could get away with and were surprised to only get a "sure, i like it" in response

PhonographClock

Oh cool something I can jump in on. I've been on an avgn marathon recently.
His cat died a few days ago.

RobClock

I think AVGN peaked as a series when he initially got taken on by Gametrailers. You can tell the difference between something made with passion and a product- ever since the movie happened you can tell AVGN is just a product. Still has its moments but I think the last episode I really enjoyed was Atari Sports

RobClock

PhantomCatClock

He works way too hard to say he doesn't have passion. He and his videos are a lot different than before the syndication, but I think you're missing something.

PhantomCatClock

PhantomCatClock

EVERYBODY SHUT UP Duncan's counterweight patent ended yesterday

hobbyist companies still can't sell "yoyo"s in canada tho so enjoy the counterweighted Return Tops instead

PhantomCatClock

also I know nobody who cares will every read it here, but props to YoTricks for being the only company to really sponsor a 5a player, let him make (amazing) tutorials in the company's name, and even sell a (vastly improved) counterweight on their store before this. Like, better sponsorships will start happening now, but they didn't shy away from the C&D notices *:salute:

even if jake elliott is an inorganic clone of mark zuckerberg

I guess I don't really like how much they try to sell unnecessary crap to newcomers

some yoyo nerd will find this on google five years from now and remember these dark times that just ended. SEO: "For me to patent a style of yo-yo play would be silly. First off, that would assume that I had the money for the patent in the first place. Second, that would assume I was making enough money off the patent to be able to defend it. And third, I am not really big on all that lawsuit crap. It's what killed Duncan in the 60's, I see no reason to be part of THAT tradition. It's FreeHand, and it's free. If you want it, take it. Just let it be known that I found it, that's all I ask. (Please note that I take no credit for CREATING it...it already existed, I just found it. Yo-Yo tricks cannot be created or destroyed...much like matter.)" - Steve Brown 1999

PhantomCatClock

Slurpee

FLOUNDERMAN_CLOCK

Quote from: RobClock on April 29, 2020, 04:56:16 AM
AVGN is The Simpson%u2019s of web shows
this is the general feeling I get hearing about AVGN. I missed out his golden age, alongside a lot of that era of youtube. hell the only video game reviewers I really pay attention too are SNESdrunk and SsethTzeentach. SNESdrunk doesn't usually try to make a skit of it, he's as dry as it gets yet very pleasant and calming to listen to. I've discovered a lot of interesting games because of him. did you know the whole smash bros power stone arena fighter thing started with an early 90s arcade game called outfoxies? I didn't. but now we have mame and can actually play the damn thing.

still gonna have to watch that mario 3 video though

Quote from: PhantomCatClock on April 29, 2020, 05:39:03 AM
EVERYBODY SHUT UP Duncan's counterweight patent ended yesterday

hobbyist companies still can't sell "yoyo"s in canada tho so enjoy the counterweighted Return Tops instead
Quote from: PhantomCatClock on April 29, 2020, 05:54:50 AMC&D notices *:salute:
I just took out a patent for the concept of attaching string to an axle sandwiched between two disks. every time you drop a yoyo you owe me twenty seven dollars.

RobClock

Trying to find something worthwhile to watch online these days is a nightmare, I'm open to recommendations

RobClock

I just remembered Classic Game Room is dead and gone. RIP intergalactic space arcade

k9

Quote from: PhantomCatClock on April 28, 2020, 09:54:57 PM
[u2]E6XvCWLzDCg[/u2]

[analysis a la the guy talking about the garfield pipe comic for three hours]

IT WAS ONE HOUR YOU FUCKING INSOLENT FOOL

k9

Quote from: RobClock on April 29, 2020, 04:49:17 PM
I just remembered Classic Game Room is dead and gone. RIP intergalactic space arcade

bro he reviews comics now just watch that

PhantomCatClock

just learned these retards at comcast have been deleting things they think is spam instead of sending it to the spam folder. I have no idea how much I've lost over the years because of this. Clock Crew email is all I can trust.

VCRClock

<Marlin Clock> This thread seems proof positive that divisiveness at any level is usually bad for the Clock Crew.
<PhantomCatClock> are we talking about the same clock crew

PhantomCatClock

GreyClock

Same, but with your dad forcing you to give your e-mail to an elderly priest, when it's like satan_cool_666@hotmail.com.

Slurpee