News:

If you need instructions on how to get through the hotels, check out the enclosed instruction book.

Main Menu

Best Program to convert flash to avi??

Farted by VuBawlsClock, August 11, 2012, 02:19:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

VuBawlsClock

What program is best to convert into a high quality avi or some shit?
Fuck anonfrog

pop-tart

I lost mine during my HD crash... but I think it was made by Sothink. It worked pretty awesome.

clockradioclock

Flash has an "Export as..." function that exports your movie to video. Just make sure that all your animation is either directly on the timeline or your symbols are Graphics (animation within Movie Clips and AS are ignored).
[SIGPIC]dance with me[/SIGPIC]

pop-tart

Quote from: clockradioclock;1916141make sure that all your animation is either directly on the timeline or your symbols are Graphics (animation within Movie Clips and AS are ignored).

I hate this about Flash.

clockradioclock

Quote from: pop-tart;1916159I hate this about Flash.

Yeah I don't understand the mindset behind it. Why not just do to movie clips what you do to graphic symbols?

Regardless, I've recently discovered that working with graphics saves twice as much time as using MCs since I don't have to compile the film to view it every time (graphics are automagically played in realtime wtf). Getting in the habit of working with Graphics is the cool new thing.

pop-tart

But what about the filters man!??! How do you blur glow gradient bevel blur?!?!

clockradioclock

DWARFINATORclock

Quote from: clockradioclock;1916141Flash has an "Export as..." function that exports your movie to video. Just make sure that all your animation is either directly on the timeline or your symbols are Graphics (animation within Movie Clips and AS are ignored).

that will still make the animation worse than converting a swf to avi

AnimeClock

The best thing to do is to export your entire movie as a PNG sequence from flash, and import the PNGs into After effects and render an AVI out of there. That will ensure that you have every frame intact in the highest quality.
You have to reimport the sound unfortunately, but flash is horrible with sound to begin with, and if you want to get serious about using real video formats it's best to start doing your sound outside of flash.

pop-tart

Wouldn't that be extremely memory intensive?

AnimeClock

Quote from: pop-tart;1916358Wouldn't that be extremely memory intensive?

Not much more than anything else video related. If you want it at the same quality that it plays at in flash, then this is what you do. When you want to create multiple versions of the same movie for example, you want to have your master version in the highest quality. You don't want to be looking to reupload this movie in HD in 5 years and realize the only version you have is a shitty 50% h264 vid.

clockradioclock

won't Flash's PNG sequence exporter ignore AS and Movie Clips just like the video exporter?

VuBawlsClock

why not just export as png and use wmm
Fuck anonfrog

AnimeClock

Quote from: clockradioclock;1916431won't Flash's PNG sequence exporter ignore AS and Movie Clips just like the video exporter?

Yeah... no real idea about the AS or movie clip issue still.

And by the way I don't think going through a decompiler like SOthink will hold on to the actionscript either.

Fuck, I know Adam Phillips was able to get his vids on youtube, and VCAM is all over that sheeit. He's also a wizard at everything, so I don't know what to do about that

Vubawls, you don't have any major action script or anything do you? Cuz otherwise you can just change all your movie clips to graphic symbols

AnimeClock

Quote from: VuBawlsClock;1916433why not just export as png and use wmm

if windows movie maker can arrange sequential images then go ahead.

VuBawlsClock

Quote from: AnimeClock;1916434Vubawls, you don't have any major action script or anything do you? Cuz otherwise you can just change all your movie clips to graphic symbols

Bah, I use VCAm a few times.
Fuck anonfrog

BlackberryClock

Anybody have any luck with screen capturing programs? I haven't used anything in a long time, and most of my old programs are gone through transitioning from computers, but I used this method for a couple of my last projects including putting a flash movie on youtube.

A quick google search comes up with camstudio. I think I used a program called Camtasia studio in the past. Don't know if they're related.

Anyway, this method eliminates problems with sound syncing, AS, and movieclip animations. You record everything as it appear on normal playback. Quality may be a limiting a limiting factor, but it's something to try out.

VuBawlsClock

hypercam2 unregistered

nah, I use hypercam3 with a plugin for crispy videos
Fuck anonfrog

TimHortonsClock

If you have a reasonably powerful machine, you can use FRAPS to record a flash movie playing off a web page or through Flash Player.