News:

If you need instructions on how to get through the hotels, check out the enclosed instruction book.

Main Menu

Whore screenshots of your latest flash v2

Farted by AlethioClock, August 30, 2006, 07:02:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RobClock

FLOUNDERMAN_CLOCK

lets see how many flashes I can make for the flood. I'm guessing two and a half. or 29. no inbetween.

FLOUNDERMAN_CLOCK

Redbook Clock

pop-tart

Redbook Clock

RobClock

k9

yeah that looks good. Maybe add a little feedback to her body as she floats up and down but otherwise it looks great

RobClock

Quote from: DOGGO_CLOCK on February 16, 2020, 04:26:29 PM
yeah that looks good. Maybe add a little feedback to her body as she floats up and down but otherwise it looks great

jiggle physics are a lot more effort than im willing to put into a character idle animation that might be on screen for like 30 seconds

PhantomCatClock

growing/shrinking shadow circles are cruise control for depth in flash

RobClock

i realized her chest was too long, which is something i often do because im a shit artist and have no comprehension of basic anatomy, so i fixed that and i tried adding the little shadow but i might not keep it. dont want to have to commit to giving every character one.

https://www.newgrounds.com/dump/item/84e5ceba8ec11d2902a8278619deeb6a

i'm also now noticing that her purse strap tangents with her side and it looks terrible aaaaaaaaaaaaa

RobClock

here's a screenshot of something other than tits

GreyClock

Maybe in the future draw the arms seperately and then size them up about 125-150%, cause they're consistently undersized. T. Rex.

It also needs more movement. Here's a hot tip: select a part with the lasso tool at a certain joint. (Make sure there's some overlap.)  Work from big to small. So for example: (clip 1) whole leg from hip > (clip 2 inside clip 1) lower leg from knee + foot > (clip 3 inside clip 2) foot from ankle. Move the whatchamacallit, the white little circle that's typically in the center of the movieclip, near the joint. Then tween it to move a bit back and forth around that new center, and make it loop. Then repeat that for all three levels. Working from big to small and keeping it inside various levels of tweens and movieclips ensures that everything stays connected regardless of tween length, yet they can still move individually. Switch up the length of the tweens within tweens to get some interesting patterns and dynamics. So don't don't do I dunno, 25 frames / 25 frames / 25 frames for all parts and both legs, cause it will still look stiff. I always drop a keyframe somewhere and just make sure that they're on different frames for all of them. So everything the same equals stiff animation. Close enough to that, but with slight variances will look alive and normal. The bigger the differences between everything, the stranger the movement will become.

Other than that it looks good! Try it out and post the results.

GreyClock

That is, if you don't want to frame by frame stuff like that.

RobClock

i made the tits jiggle because i showed it to succubus on instagram and she said they should

I understand exactly what you're saying, grey, and I will attempt to implement that in future. I really didn't mean to spend as much time fucking around with this idle as I did because it's for the Flash Flood and chances are the character is only going to be on screen for like 30 seconds tops. Not that it excuses laziness- because laziness is absolutely what it is.

I didn't think the arms were too short? I generally try to eyeball it such that were they to be fully extended they could rest onto the hips with a slight bend ala snow daze :shrug:

GreyClock

Beauty of this technique is that it looks great, but doesn't take all that long to set up, once you get the hang of it. Select some, tween some, done. I forgot: play with the easing a bit.

Arms: length might fine I think. Arms typically reach down (slack) to about the middle of the upper leg. What I mean was they just look small, especially the hands. One of my hands can almost cover my face. Hands should be about 150% bigger, then maybe the arms 125% and thicker, or you get arms like mallets.

Succubus is an actual person? I thought it was some character you made up. And it's a girl that talks about how you should animate her tits? How come she's not in hiding from the Hellenic Menace yet.

RobClock

Quote from: GreyClock on February 16, 2020, 06:58:21 PM
Beauty of this technique is that it looks great, but doesn't take all that long to set up, once you get the hang of it. Select some, tween some, done. I forgot: play with the easing a bit.

Arms: length might fine I think. Arms typically reach down (slack) to about the middle of the upper leg. What I mean was they just look small, especially the hands. One of my hands can almost cover my face. Hands should be about 150% bigger, then maybe the arms 125% and thicker, or you get arms like mallets.

Succubus is an actual person? I thought it was some character you made up. And it's a girl that talks about how you should animate her tits? How come she's not in hiding from the Hellenic Menace yet.

I use easing on pretty much every tweet I make. I think the problem is that i habitually draw heads waaay too big, so comparatively it makes the rest of the body look disproportionate.

Yeah, Succubus is a real ass person I once upon a time was very good friends with and convinced to sign up. Please do not wish that upon her.

RobClock

PhantomCatClock

can mulder and friend discover the mystery of the missing page down key

bey you didn't think anyone would notice well i am a true star trek fan and i catch every inconsistency

bet. that was a typo. i meant bet.

VCRClock

<Marlin Clock> This thread seems proof positive that divisiveness at any level is usually bad for the Clock Crew.
<PhantomCatClock> are we talking about the same clock crew