News:

If you need instructions on how to get through the hotels, check out the enclosed instruction book.

Main Menu

click here to log out

Farted by Losperman, November 01, 2005, 01:26:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Slurpee

Quote from: PhantomCatClock on May 13, 2020, 05:31:53 PM
The last time I brought up my shitty grocery union and how shitty and useless it was, you said they helped you out when you did that. Now you were fired
yeah, and they were awesome

the union rep recognized that I was a good-natured young man who, in a moment of intense stress, made a harmless gesture of frustration at a particularly shitty customer's back
we could have fought the termination (among other things I was off my meds and had been denied getting my break on time for like the 400th time), but that would have just been sending me back to work at a place I was clearly not suited for and was doing me psychological harm

they negotiated a contract where neither me nor my employer would admit any wrong-doing on my part, so I could put them down as an employment reference with any reason given for why I no longer worked there and they were legally barred from disputing it, as long as I agreed to never work for them again
as if I'd ever want to!

it was the best thing that ever happened to me
technically, I wouldn't have qualified for unemployment because I was terminated for my behavior. but thanks to the union, I got a year of unemployment at near my weekly income, which gave me time to focus on school

I'm never going to work in grocery again, but my old union has my support til I die, they turned an embarrassing workplace incident into a new shot at life. solidarity fiveever

PhantomCatClock

oh

my union had nothing to offer us and after four years I was still making less than minimum wage. It was such a bad place to work but if we had worked directly for kroger instead at least we would've gotten paid.

PhantomCatClock

so i was on my way to throw a car battery off of a sea cliff when next to the trail what should i see

some complete asshole had bagged a dog shit and left the plastic bag there. honestly, what the fuck just leave the shit you absol*te retard

GreyClock

What's up with uhhh...

What's up with uhhhhh...

What's...

What's up with... uh...

What's up...

Uhhh what's up with...

What is up with...

What...

PhantomCatClock

V. C. Orky's

RobClock

Good thread title

I went for a run to blow off some frustration with the life circumstances I find myself in presently

Boy howdy am I out of shape

VCRClock

Quote from: Slurpee on May 13, 2020, 04:09:07 AM
also, WHY do my favorite unicode characters, bullet and en dash that I keep misusing as an em dash
• –
, keep BREAKING when I edit my posts?

@vcrclock olskoo will hear of this!!!!

it's all supposed to be utf8 now, I did my part. ask smf why they thought making utf8 an optional post-install language pack, not the default encoding, was a good idea
<Marlin Clock> This thread seems proof positive that divisiveness at any level is usually bad for the Clock Crew.
<PhantomCatClock> are we talking about the same clock crew

PhantomCatClock

also, WHY do my favorite unicode characters, bullet and en dash that I keep misusing as an em dash
    • –

clicking MODIFY on this post does not break the symbols, for me. The other one was using [list] and [li]. If clicking modify on that post does something to you, I blame YOUR END!!!! YOUR BROWSER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! but if i'm missing something lemme know. i've gotten real familiar with smf while putting off a big thing i said i would do[/list]

PirateClock

_pirate_butchcavities (20:29:15): FUCK CLOCKS _pirate_

Slurpee

Quote from: PhantomCatClock on May 15, 2020, 03:27:33 AM
      • –

clicking MODIFY on this post does not break the symbols, for me. The other one was using [list] and [li]. If clicking modify on that post does something to you, I blame YOUR END!!!! YOUR BROWSER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! but if i'm missing something lemme know. i've gotten real familiar with smf while putting off a big thing i said i would do[/list]

open the inline editor and click save

•–

Slurpee

VCRClock

what's the deal with uhhh

what's the deal with

uhhh

look, I dunno, please tell me I'm not just cherry picking and confirmation biasing here, but why is it that in the old days, goofy illustrated hip hop album covers were like

and now they're fucking like

I mean obviously I don't listen to any of the three artists on the bottom, which is probably fine with them, but like

even if your name is 'DaBaby,' even if you collaborated with Lil Baby to put out a song called 'Baby', what the fuck is cool about riffing on fucking Boss Baby? it's like admitting you paid full price to see a shitty movie and then went back and saw it again because you liked it. yeah maybe rappers acting like they're Scarface is old hat but god damn get some taste

all I got is that the top row's just, like, old fashioned "exaggerate features" caricature of the artists. except biz, he's pretty realistic. but the bottom row isn't that kind of caricature, not even 6ix9ine. it's like the opposite, the rapper is now a Funko Pop figurine (I also hate these) and... what? is it like they're attempting to transform into something cute for the ladies? if you're not about cute shit, what does (the 2020 equivalent of) the album cover lying on your passenger seat signify? does it somehow subvert the passe "get rich or die tryin" look of a past hip hop culture?

you know what maybe I am cherry picking. i'm looking at some juice WRLD (another artist I don't listen to) album covers, and maybe it watches a little more anime than rap did before soulja boy, but that's fine, it's not "boss baby" level concerning. it's fine. I may not be able to envision myself saying a sentence like "yeah I listen to a boogie wit da hoodie" but his album covers aren't threatening my fragile masculinity either.

sorry guys I just encountered the dababy mixtape cover on the internet somewhere and got thrown into a panic
      <Marlin Clock> This thread seems proof positive that divisiveness at any level is usually bad for the Clock Crew.

VCRClock

• IS THERE A PLACE IN RAP FOR FUCKBOIS??

Slurpee

they say you know you're old when shit the kids like stops making any kind of sense to you and im there with rap

every rapper under the age of 20 is named "lil nAAAn-seab0y 2000", sucks at rapping, is a domestic abusing home invader pedophile, lives in florida, their biggest song is called "$? pft" and also they're already dead somehow

PhantomCatClock

slurpee i think your computer just has alzheimers and you're gonna have to take it behind the barn and fuck it

Slurpee

Quote from: PhantomCatClock on May 15, 2020, 04:42:39 AM
      slurpee i think your computer just has alzheimers and you're gonna have to take it behind the barn and fuck it
      maybe ot's because I'm on my tablet?

PhantomCatClock

I use • and — all the time and I suspect you are on a macintosh using opt+8 and opt + hyphen

I had to set my keyboard to a goofy encoding and specifically edit a deep internal file to get the true mac keyboard special keys experience back ™©®™©®™©®©™ if you just have an old computer maybe use that firefox knockoff for old macs HMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM?

PhantomCatClock

PhantomCatClock

you can't even fuck a tablet i'm sorry i suggested it

Slurpee