News:

If you need instructions on how to get through the hotels, check out the enclosed instruction book.

Main Menu

[UEFA] European Football Championship 2012

Farted by PirateClock, June 05, 2012, 01:03:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PirateClock

That's right bitches, Euro 2012 is coming up! The second most important sport event in the world (after the world cup obviously) and this is the official thread!  

For those of you who don't know, first we have a group stage coming up. You can basically skip all the matches in Group A cause they all suck anyway. The other groups however are quite interesting!  Specially the matches between England and France, Italy and Spain and of course Netherlands and Germany.  

Group stage:

After the group stage comes the knock-out stage, but that's not for another two weeks orso so we'll cross that bridge when we get there.

_pirate_butchcavities (20:29:15): FUCK CLOCKS _pirate_

DWARFINATORclock

PirateClock

Quote from: DWARFINATORclock;1909014germany gonna win

Germany is overrated.

Biggskoo

GreyClock

MonsterMunch

I always make a few bets during these big international tournaments to make it more interesting since supporting England is fucking soul destroying.

I got Ã,£10 on Holland at 9/1 and I got Ã,£10 on Italy at 14/1.

Edit - Well fuck, this is starting off great.

PirateClock

MonsterMunch

AstronautClock

GreyClock

Quote from: MonsterMunch;1909495Well that's Holland out.

Unlucky.
We can still advance by beating Portugal with a difference of two goals, but only if Germany beats Denmark. :zoom:

AstronautClock

Quote from: GreyClock;1909534We can still advance by beating Portugal with a difference of two goals, but only if Germany beats Denmark. :zoom:

doubt it will happen but yeah they could

MonsterMunch

3-2

COME ON ENGLAND!!

There's only one Danny Welbeck! There's only one Danny Weeeeeeeeeelbeeeeeeeeeeeck!

AstronautClock

Quote from: MonsterMunch;19096483-2

COME ON ENGLAND!!

There's only one Danny Welbeck! There's only one Danny Weeeeeeeeeelbeeeeeeeeeeeck!

ukraine will destroy england

Marlin Clock

I still don't get why the UK's parts get their own team, they're not the only nation made up of a bunch of former nations. Why doesn't Bavaria or Bohemia or Naples get their own team or somethin'?

DWARFINATORclock

Quote from: Marlin Clock;1909677I still don't get why the UK's parts get their own team, they're not the only nation made up of a bunch of former nations. Why doesn't Bavaria or Bohemia or Naples get their own team or somethin'?

because england, northern ireland, scotland and wales are still countries.

ireland is not part of the uk fyi

bavaria is just a state of germany and naples is a city in italy, bohemia is a region in the czech republic

MonsterMunch

@Holland

[U2]O3id-Fb8ooY[/U2]

I know I had money on them but Pirate's misery is so worth it.

Marlin Clock

Quote from: DWARFINATORclock;1909696because england, northern ireland, scotland and wales are still countries.

ireland is not part of the uk fyi
I know Ireland is not part of the UK what do you take me for. Also, no. They are not countries. They do not run autonomously. There is no independent government for each member of the UK. They are not countries. Individual states have more autonomy than them.

Quotebavaria is just a state of germany and naples is a city in italy, bohemia is a region in the czech republic
Bavaria and Bohemia used to be powerful members of the HRE. Naples is not just a city, it was a full fledged kingdom for a long time until the Italian Unification of Piedmont-Sardenia.

Point is, all of them used to be powerful nations until unifying into another country, just like the UK member states, and they also have no regional autonomous rights, just like UK member states.

Biggskoo

Quote from: Marlin Clock;1909868I know Ireland is not part of the UK what do you take me for. Also, no. They are not countries. They do not run autonomously. There is no independent government for each member of the UK. They are not countries. Individual states have more autonomy than them.

Bavaria and Bohemia used to be powerful members of the HRE. Naples is not just a city, it was a full fledged kingdom for a long time until the Italian Unification of Piedmont-Sardenia.

Point is, all of them used to be powerful nations until unifying into another country, just like the UK member states, and they also have no regional autonomous rights, just like UK member states.

all the member states of the united kingdom actually are independent states (or countries, as you dummies call them) by all but the most stringent definitions of the term, so i actually would question what roel takes you for

also you should be able to logically separate an entity being a state and being able to have a governing body for a soccer team since that's a pretty common thing

boy guys does the netherlands suck at football!  wawa weewa what a bunch of dummies.

AstronautClock

Quote from: Biggskoo;1909875boy guys does the netherlands suck at football!  wawa weewa what a bunch of dummies.

When we scored the first goal against portugal I was like oh wow maybe. But almost instantly afterwards we starting to suck really hard. I dont even know.
Also this never happened in the history of the netherlands losing all 3 first matches. its so fucking bad

edit: also Ronaldo was playing very well. And hes basically carrying the team on his shoulders now. I think some other team might injure him on purpose so portugal wont be able to advance anymore if portugal happens to get too far. What do you guys think?

Biggskoo

Quote from: AstronautClock;1909918When we scored the first goal against portugal I was like oh wow maybe. But almost instantly afterwards we starting to suck really hard. I dont even know.
Also this never happened in the history of the netherlands losing all 3 first matches. its so fucking bad

edit: also Ronaldo was playing very well. And hes basically carrying the team on his shoulders now. I think some other team might injure him on purpose so portugal wont be able to advance anymore if portugal happens to get too far. What do you guys think?

maybe van persie will be practicing in another stadium and he'll miss a shot so badly that it flies all the way to kharkiv or whatever and hits ronaldo right in the face and puts him into a coma