News:

If you need instructions on how to get through the hotels, check out the enclosed instruction book.

Main Menu

TF2 is Now Free To Play!!

Farted by AC Slater, June 23, 2011, 09:50:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Thor

If anybody is joining brand new I'll gift you some guns (I'm not sure how that works for F2Pers, but if it's possible I'll do it)

Just send me a message on steam when I'm on requesting an item and more likely than not I'll give it to you.

Quote from: SoBe Clock;1828822http://i.imgur.com/6pAl4.png

Hahaha so much for that!

Boycotting....... a free game. What the fuck? Even if they HAD stuck to their guns it wouldn't have done anything.
Quote from: MafiaMettaurWhat the hell is with that shit you posted? You know what, I'm joining the Locks, just to stop stuff like you!
Quote from: polyhedronclockYou're a fucking clock, what else do you have?
To be fair, you don't have anything. Clocks are just machines that tick.

WrenchClock

Changed my mind, Pyro is my favourite.

AC Slater

Quote from: UshankaClock;1829072Changed my mind, Pyro is my favourite.

[u2]cytSPIJv_D8[/u2]

WrenchClock

I just like the fact that you can ruin enemy stickybomb traps by blowing them away with secondary fire

SoBe Clock

Quote from: TequilaClock;1829057Well if people are actually buying them, I cannot criticize the company for selling them on first place. Also the game was already Steam's most selling title I think, and Valve is already rich as fuck so... yeah.

Counter-Strike and Counter-Strike Source far outsold TF2.

Sombra

Quote from: UshankaClock;1829072Changed my mind, Pyro is my favourite.

degreaser + shotgun + axetinguisher

Once you get good at airblast: backburner + shotgun + axetinguisher

hudda huddah huh!

Thor

Quote from: Rum;1829139degreaser + shotgun + axetinguisher

Once you get good at airblast: backburner + shotgun + axetinguisher

hudda huddah huh!

Shotgun is so underrated. I kill heavies all the time as engineer with the default shotgun. It's especially great because, for some reason, people don't see you as a threat, so you can get a bunch of meat shots before they even try to shoot you
Quote from: MafiaMettaurWhat the hell is with that shit you posted? You know what, I'm joining the Locks, just to stop stuff like you!

buttplug

Quote from: Thor;1829151Shotgun is so underrated. I kill heavies all the time as engineer with the default shotgun. It's especially great because, for some reason, people don't see you as a threat, so you can get a bunch of meat shots before they even try to shoot you

Agreed.

I also like my sniper's SMG, since I suck at melee.

AC Slater

ew never use backburner. Backburner is for baby pyros.

PolyhedronClock

man oh man i've had games where i just completely destroyed the other team as a pyro. between the airblast+axtinguisher combo with shotguns in between you're a force of nature to be dealed with. honestly you can pretty much counter every class, save for a heavy who can aim and a scout that can dance circles around you.

add a pocket medic to that and oh god don't get me started.

AC Slater

Quote from: PolyhedronClock;1829180man oh man i've had games where i just completely destroyed the other team as a pyro. between the airblast+axtinguisher combo with shotguns in between you're a force of nature to be dealed with. honestly you can pretty much counter every class, save for a heavy who can aim and a scout that can dance circles around you.

add a pocket medic to that and oh god don't get me started.

Flamethrower + Flare gun + No god damn melee weapon needed in combat = me. I only use the Homewrecker to save teles, sentries, and dispensers. That's it. And if you're accurate and pick up on players' patterns within a round, you can be pretty deadly with it. A lot of my kills come from reflects and flares.

Fun fact: I've registered 5 reflect arrow kills on my community's server; 3 of them being headshots :cool:

PolyhedronClock

i used to use the flare gun like that, but sadly when it comes right down to it by the time you get a flare gun in on a target on fire the shotgun can do just as much (non crit) as the flare can by the time you reload, plus less of a penalty if you miss.

WrenchClock

Do Strange weapons do anything other than count your kills?

Sombra

Quote from: Zen Micro Clock;1829177ew never use backburner. Backburner is for baby pyros.

Since it was given airblast it's pretty OP. Pretty good in a lot of situations. Only time I wouldn't use it is during spamfests where I KNOW there's going to be a fuckton of demos and soldiers.

idk I'd say it's about 50/50 between bb and degreaser. Yeah you can "hurr puff and sting puff and sting" easier with the degreaser but in a lot of cases I can just circlestrafe players and burn them to death.

Incidentally that also works really well for the medic. As long as you can aim, blutsauger + circlestrafe will kill a lot of shit. You can definitely keep a positive kdr on pubs just fucking around with battle medic if you're not bad at the game.

TequilaClock

Quote from: SoBe Clock;1829089Counter-Strike and Counter-Strike Source far outsold TF2.

ah well

Thor

Quote from: UshankaClock;1829193Do Strange weapons do anything other than count your kills?

nope. why would they?

the name of the weapon changes as you get more kills though

Speaking of strange weapons, it's kind of funny how worthless some of them are. Weapons that barely ever kill anybody are in crates as strange, which in my opinion is kind of trolly of valve. Why the fuck would anybody ever want a Strange Chargin Targe or Strange Gloves of Running Urgently? You'll be lucky to EVER get a kill with either unless you go way out of your way.

AC Slater

Quote from: Rum;1829197Since it was given airblast it's pretty OP. Pretty good in a lot of situations. Only time I wouldn't use it is during spamfests where I KNOW there's going to be a fuckton of demos and soldiers.

idk I'd say it's about 50/50 between bb and degreaser. Yeah you can "hurr puff and sting puff and sting" easier with the degreaser but in a lot of cases I can just circlestrafe players and burn them to death.
I still don't like the degreaser and find that I get more kills with the regular ol' flamethrower.

QuoteIncidentally that also works really well for the medic. As long as you can aim, blutsauger + circlestrafe will kill a lot of shit.

:this: Yep that's what I do. Except I take battle medic seriously.

WrenchClock

Quote from: Thor;1829206nope. why would they?

the name of the weapon changes as you get more kills though

Speaking of strange weapons, it's kind of funny how worthless some of them are. Weapons that barely ever kill anybody are in crates as strange, which in my opinion is kind of trolly of valve. Why the fuck would anybody ever want a Strange Chargin Targe or Strange Gloves of Running Urgently? You'll be lucky to EVER get a kill with either unless you go way out of your way.

I have a Strange Stickybomb Launcher and i never play as Demoman

I1I1I1I1I1I1I11111I1I1I1IIIIIII1I1I1I1I11I

Quote from: UshankaClock;1829219I have a Strange Stickybomb Launcher and i never play as Demoman

Give it to me!
Quote from: PezDispenserclock;1948598Abba, I might not smoke weed, but I experiancing it being hit with a crowbar on a modded TTT server. Flashing colours, screen flipped, screen flying. Yup, I know how it\'s like.

buttplug

Wtf are you guys paying money to open crates?