News:

If you need instructions on how to get through the hotels, check out the enclosed instruction book.

Main Menu

Yet again, concept for my portfolio

Farted by HeinekenClock, April 12, 2008, 05:46:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

HeinekenClock

Clickity click.

I'm thinking of using this, it looks nice enough (though a little dark) and the lower slices are all solid colored or a repeating background, which means they can be stretched to fit content. I'm thinking of making the whole layout a blog style thing, with new content stacking on top of older material, rather than making a new page each time.

I've also registered a .nl domain for a year with 4 gigabyte storage and unlimited bandwith just because it was rediculously cheap.

Also, yet again, the slices, if you're interested.

Still not sure if I'm using this one or starting, yet again, another concept.

Edit - Dear god I just realised this is an obvious ripoff of DreamWorks, what the fuck?

Bigglesnoots

Quote from: Zombie Lincoln;1601675Waiting around to die is the most socially acceptable method of suicide, and it always works.

HeinekenClock

Quote from: ÛṕÐÃ...ŤĕĆĻōĉ₭;1280629Pretty slick, HeinekenClock!
A highly trained eye would notice that the folder was actually given the codename "Sleek" because I had to think of a name other than portfolio to clutter my "concepts" folder.

Thank you thank you very much though I'll have to remove that moon because the resemblance between Zenonworks and Dreamworks just became too obvious :(

ToadClock

Pretty good.

I'm not too big a fan though of the plain purple (especially with the plain black) though. Perhaps some sort of faded pattern within it?

Apart from that, nice n' neat.

LeekClock

You need more contrast between the background and foreground. When they colours are both dark and highly saturated as they are, it's not very content-friendly. Text is hard to read, images don't sit comfortably, and the eye roams around the whole page - it should be drawn to the content immediately by a clear but visually appealing structure.

And on a more obvious note - it's very generic and square. If you're making a portfolio site it ought to display your creativity as much as the contents of the site do.

HeinekenClock

Well, because I'm not fantastic in websites just yet, I had to make a choice - creative or practical.

This college course is four years though and I'm only in the first year, I paid for 12 months so I should be able to launch a better one in, say, 6 to 9 months, and later during college even better ones. I really need to learn to work with
's :(

As for the colors, I could definitely look into that, thanks.

HeinekenClock

Okay here's concept version 3 taking both your advice in consideration, also eliminating the Dreamworks resemblance.

Concept version 3

Edit - Shit it's a jpg, owell you get the picture.

LeekClock

Much better actually in terms of clarity. The background colour doesn't match at all though - you can see that surely?

HeinekenClock

Quote from: LeekClock;1281079Much better actually in terms of clarity. The background colour doesn't match at all though - you can see that surely?

Yeah I just recolored it in photoshop, still messing around in dreamweaver to find something that works.

Edit - A sand colored background like this would work I think.

Bigglesnoots

Quote from: Doutzen Kroes;1280641Thank you thank you very much though I'll have to remove that moon because the resemblance between Zenonworks and Dreamworks just became too obvious :(
I knew it reminded me of something!
Quote from: Zombie Lincoln;1601675Waiting around to die is the most socially acceptable method of suicide, and it always works.