News:

If you need instructions on how to get through the hotels, check out the enclosed instruction book.

Main Menu

smf 2.1.1 general bitching thread

Farted by VCRClock, March 30, 2022, 10:29:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

VCRClock

hello

as you can see, upgrading to smf 2.1.1.1.1.1.1.1 nuked several homegrown modifications to the forum software

we (cleveland jaycees) believe that keeping the forum software up2date is the move for the long run despite this loss

forum emails might actually work now

if there are any forum modifications that we've lost that are available for 2.1.1.1.1.1 and you do not already have privileges to install such modifications, please bitch here and we (cleveland jaycees) will try to accommodate u

have a clockwork day
<Marlin Clock> This thread seems proof positive that divisiveness at any level is usually bad for the Clock Crew.
<PhantomCatClock> are we talking about the same clock crew

PhantomCatClock

don't worry, it couldn't keep me logged out forever

Redbook Clock

k9

This actually looks pretty nice! Weird the quick reply box is in Consolas tho lol. I used the oldschool looking theme on the old forum because I've always liked old looking forums. I can't say im not a little biased towards this lol, but it looks nice and clean. I do think we should add more character to the forum though, maybe user submitted themes?

VCRClock

Quote from: Redbook Clock on March 31, 2022, 01:50:15 PMwhere are my awards!!!¿¿¿??? :siren: :siren: :siren:

somebody had to notice

we (cleveland jaycees) will look into the availability of an awards module that works with smf 2.1

Quote from: k9clock on March 31, 2022, 03:00:31 PMThis actually looks pretty nice! Weird the quick reply box is in Consolas tho lol. I used the oldschool looking theme on the old forum because I've always liked old looking forums. I can't say im not a little biased towards this lol, but it looks nice and clean. I do think we should add more character to the forum though, maybe user submitted themes?

the clcokcrew theme policy has long been "hell, if you think you can assemble a theme for the forum software we're using, go ahead and try"

the caveat: I don't have free time that I want to devote to hacking on forum themes, so the theme would have to be delivered as a readymade installable SMF theme. ie: you install smf 2.1 somewhere, edit your theme, export it to a ZIP or whatever, I just have to upload the ZIP
<Marlin Clock> This thread seems proof positive that divisiveness at any level is usually bad for the Clock Crew.

VCRClock

robclock says: "change the hideous default forum icons"

reposting here to remind myself to do that

RobClock

Quote from: VCRClock on March 31, 2022, 04:49:58 PMrobclock says: "change the hideous default forum icons"

Bless your cotton socks

PhantomCatClock

Rob was the activist who got it fixed last time, apparently, as I noticed in my last trip to Valhalla for a Dolla

RobClock

I am nothing if not persistent in my love of this forum

k9

Quote from: VCRClock on March 31, 2022, 03:17:09 PMyou install smf 2.1 somewhere, edit your theme, export it to a ZIP or whatever, I just have to upload the ZIP

is this some kind of challenge

VCRClock

Quote from: RobClock on April 01, 2022, 05:11:04 PM
Quote from: VCRClock on March 31, 2022, 04:49:58 PMrobclock says: "change the hideous default forum icons"

Bless your cotton socks

hey i did it

so i could have just done what i did last time and Muscle (flex) but was feeling discouraged because of how hacky modifications to the forum that aren't actual mods keep getting steamrolled whenever vcrclock upgrades the forum

some guy wrote a board icon extension for smf 2.1, but instead of using images it uses FontAwesome vectors. so it's still stupid chat bubbles by default, but not UGLY chat bubbles, and the colors can be changed and different forums can have different icons etc AS LONG AS THEYR ERIN FORT AWESOME

i too would love to have Altered Beast guy back for THE GRAVEYARD icon, but hey better that i actually made good on a forum maintenance promise for once instead of just forgetting about it right>???!? yeah

RobClock

I don't think the speech bubbles change colour to indicate new posts though because neither the general discussion or bug report forum icons were highlighted at all and I only saw this post from the most recent posts sub-header with the [NEW] icon

VCRClock

I think there's supposed to be a difference in transparency when there are new posts, but I use the Undead Posts button myself, so I didn't see if that's "working" as intended on my way to this post. Will investigate.

VCRClock

PhantomCatClock

NintendrCkolc