News:

If you need instructions on how to get through the hotels, check out the enclosed instruction book.

Main Menu

Initiative to create a hidden piracy subforum (within the spam forum preferrably)

Farted by miracle fruit, October 17, 2011, 07:24:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Create hidden subforum for discreet discussion of piracy?

es
11 (100%)
o
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 26

Voting closed: October 31, 2011, 07:25:06 PM

NintendrCkolc

honestly we can probably just keep it in blast or on clocktopia. As much as I'd like to see it here, I just don't see how we would be able to do it with Newgrounds essentially already hosting the site.

If we could get the OK from tom or wade (which we won't) I'd support this.

PowerGloveClock

Quote from: MiracleFruitClock;1868892pussies

miraclefruit, start your own clock crew where you can post nsfw images and torrents. eventually you'll become staff here, that's how these things work.
Quote from: FLOUNDERINYOBUTT;1837615I think Kodiak is the only person on  this entire website who dislikes Slurpee. I still dont understand how  thats possible. He\'s so loveable and funny. Every guy wants to be his  friend and every girl wants to date him. Understandably Slurpee is not a  very happy person.

AnkhClock

I figure there are other sites for that sort of thing. I don't think we really need anything like that here.

Asshatclock

Lets make a hidden pirate forum where we all roleplay and pretend were pirates.

HeinekenClock

Quote from: Asshatclock;1869024Lets make a hidden pirate forum where we all roleplay and pretend were pirates.

Voting yargh on this.

I1I1I1I1I1I1I11111I1I1I1IIIIIII1I1I1I1I11I

Quote from: Asshatclock;1869024Lets make a hidden pirate forum where we all roleplay and pretend were pirates.

the best idea
Quote from: PezDispenserclock;1948598Abba, I might not smoke weed, but I experiancing it being hit with a crowbar on a modded TTT server. Flashing colours, screen flipped, screen flying. Yup, I know how it\'s like.

Topcatyo

Oh hell yes let's get this pirate shit goin down.

PolyhedronClock

Quote from: Topcatyo;1869048Oh hell yes let's get this pirate shit goin down.

SockpuppetClock

just beg random people for an invite to waffles.fm or some shit it'd accomplish much more than a piracy subforum

AlbinoClock

Quote from: RibsClock;1868846My concern is that there is some other practical/legal reason why we do not allow for it in the first place. It seems to me that the Clock Crew has never been really opposed to piracy, and we wouldn't have a rule against discussing it unless there was a good reason. Then again, that rule's been around longer than I have, I may be under a mistaken impression there.

It's to avoid violating the ToS of the host, quite an old rule. Piracy has always been discussed in private, though certain other clock crew sites have had piracy subforums. As far as the Fulps seeing things, they're not realistically going to go digging through our stuff looking for hidden things.

But yeah, I don't know why anyone needs a piracy subforum anyway. If you can't figure shit out, ask someone. We have a group of reasonably knowledgeable individuals.

Sinister Clock

Talking about piracy definitely shouldn't be against the rules. I'm sure it's not against any TOS or law to discuss piracy as long as we don't post any links. We should at least link to Clocktopia's piracy forum since Clocktopia is pretty much dead and could use the hits.

AbsintheClock

It's against our TOS to talk about piracy. What you talk about in clocktopia is none of my business. Do what you want with that site, but leave it out of here. We have to respect the man paying the bills, and that's Tom.

Sinister Clock

Are you referring about the TOS you give to us, the user, or the TOS set by the hosting company/tom? Also what does the TOS actually say? Just curious is all. But yeah if it's against your TOS with Tom/Tom's host to even discuss or encourage piracy or maybe just ambiguously worded, then I can see the point of restricting it.