News:

If you need instructions on how to get through the hotels, check out the enclosed instruction book.

Main Menu

click here to log out

Farted by Losperman, November 01, 2005, 01:26:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PhantomCatClock

I don't want to get too motivated. I have a reputation to uphold.

Slurpee

I got booted off my insurance because I have no income. this is news to me, as I specifically saved my money so that I wouldn't have to work while going through school. (it appears fiscal responsibility is not generally accounted for, and if you are not killing yourself you do not deserve help.) I am waiting for the shitty poor people insurance they moved me to to approve or not approve my drugs, and meanwhile will be taking a midterm without them. this is the part in the hero's journey where I find out I never needed them and can get by fine on my own, or it is the part of real life where I have an Episode and my family has to apologize and explain to strangers and the judge that I'm not normally like this

RobClock

That’s real shitty slurpee, I hope you can get things sorted. I believe you will pull through triumphant in the third act.

PhantomCatClock

You don't get help if you are killing yourself, either

GreyClock

What's the situation exactly? Were they like "Hi, we heard you no longer have an income, bye bye"?

PhantomCatClock

You should've gotten income insurance

Slurpee

Quote from: GreyClock on October 10, 2017, 06:14:41 PM
What's the situation exactly? Were they like "Hi, we heard you no longer have an income, bye bye"?
I was at the pharmacy waiting for my prescription to be filled before I went to school, and the pharmacist told me my insurance had been rejected

so I called my insurer, and they told me to call Covered California (the state's ACA service) who told me it had been cancelled in February, (and they just, I guess, didn't tell me, and kept collecting my monthly payment and paying for my doctors visits and meds the last eight months, for no reason?) because I qualify for medi-cal (a significantly shittier insurance that does not cover my doctor or meds) and that I did not have a choice in the matter, unless I wanted to forego Covered California entirely and pay the unsubsidized cost, which is in the realm of five times as much money

I mean, fortunately for me, my family is rich (I choose to live in servitude so that one day I may rule with integrity). but if they weren't, there's nothing I could have done about this. if you're poor, you're dog shit to these people, and if you dare do anything to stop being poor the wolves are at the fucking door. viva la revolution, acab, the government is responsible for aids, free pussy riot

in lighter news, I did better on my math test than I thought. apparently the class average was a lot lower than I expected and with adjustments it's looking like a B, which is, the highest grade.

e: the math test is not the mid term I mentioned, the mid term is later this week

PhantomCatClock

I spent a couple of days installing some real backwoods software on a VM copy of windows, real old shit that some guy made and then didn't update for over a decade, because the program I normally use to play files ripped from SNES roms doesn't loop any more. After looking, my program hadn't been updated since 2008 (it was new when I got it, at least) and the other one for Macs that I know loops forever doesn't run on Intel machines, and Rosetta doesn't work anymore. After some searching, holy shit those are the only two for Mac. There are a dozen or so for Windowsâ€"mostly Winamp plugins but then there's like a Japanese one and weird standalone ones with features I couldn't imagine ever being useful. At this point, going to the old computer up front and using that is a real solution, but it's a pain in the ass. IN ONE LAST, DESPERATE GOOGLE SEARCH

oh, vlc plays them and it loops forever in them. i didn't need to install shit, not even the mac programs.

keep in mind I didn't just have a VM sitting around, either

Slurpee

I don't remember what I did before vlc but it was probably nothing and then being sad

PhantomCatClock

http://www.mcgonagall-online.org.uk/gems/the-famous-tay-whale

SLURPEE since Losper is teaching at that great big auditorium in the sky, give me your world's-second-best review on this and why it's better than any other poem

PhantomCatClock

Did you know RTC's first voiceover role was in Cursed Forest 4?

Slurpee

Quote from: PhantomCatClock on October 12, 2017, 05:53:13 AM
http://www.mcgonagall-online.org.uk/gems/the-famous-tay-whale

SLURPEE since Losper is teaching at that great big auditorium in the sky, give me your world's-second-best review on this and why it's better than any other poem
I feel bad because I appreciate that I was thought of but my brain is fried right now. I will take a look at it later?

the only things I can think about are separable equations and simulating while loops in assembly

well not really the second thing. learning math always feels like I'm trying to wrap my brain around concepts and hit them over and over again until I can recall them as expected by the school, learning programming always feels like I'm becomiNG MORE POWERFUL

Slurpee

also, I'm angry that the back pockets on men's jeans are partway down the butt. what is that? it's driving me crazy. girl jeans have the pockets right on the butt, and it compliments the shape of their butts. it's such a good idea! men's jeans just carelessly plop an irregular pentagon over your butt's natural outline. have you seen john cena's butt? dude squats 600 lbs- six or seven john cenas could just pick up a midsize sedan and walk away with it, his butt is completely out of control. but you'd never know it from looking at his damn pants!!

meanwhile his wife's pants didn't even bother pretending that back pockets matter. just put an apple on there like a sartorial livestock brand

guy jeans that do this are out there but they are hard to find. I'm convinced this is one of the things that sets off gaydar- good ass outline/clothing composition. it only happens if you want your butt to look good and straight guys don't even like thinking about their own butts, to the point where you can have an insanely great butt like john cena but still wear saggy pipe jorts everywhere you go like john cena

PhantomCatClock

you could hike them up like an old man. Then you'd be sexy again.

RobClock

Men’s pockets are designed for function, women’s are designed to make their butts look good but that’s okay because they carry a purse

PhantomCatClock

I do keep a lot of shit in my pockets

I also wore jeans EXCLUSIVELY and since I'm so tall, I've had to have them custom made since sixth grade. Recently I found these sicknasty black work slacks on Amazon (Dickie's) and they have huge back pockets AND this pocket on the right leg just above the right side of my knee and I don't know how I lived without it. Mostly made the switch because custom Levi's are $70 and these are $15 with free shipping.

zl

Quote from: PhantomCatClock on October 16, 2017, 08:05:14 AM

I also wore jeans EXCLUSIVELY and since I'm so tall, I've had to have them custom made since sixth grade. Recently I found these sicknasty black work slacks on Amazon (Dickie's) and they have huge back pockets AND this pocket on the right leg just above the right side of my knee and I don't know how I lived without it. Mostly made the switch because custom Levi's are $70 and these are $15 with free shipping.

But do they accentuate your butt?

GreyClock

Quote from: Zombie Lincoln on October 16, 2017, 08:31:42 AM
Quote from: PhantomCatClock on October 16, 2017, 08:05:14 AM

But do they accentuate your butt?
And how tall are you, because I mean damn, custom clothes since the sixth grade?

PhantomCatClock

6'6". The problem wasn't finding 38" length jeans, the problem was finding 38" length jeans that weren't also 38" width.

RobClock

I can relate, I'm 6'3 but i weigh 150lbs so finding pants long enough that dont fall right off me is frustrating. Of course I just deal with slightly baggy, slightly too short jeans because FUCK paying $70 a pair