News:

If you need instructions on how to get through the hotels, check out the enclosed instruction book.

Main Menu

click here to log out

Farted by Losperman, November 01, 2005, 01:26:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RobClock

Quote from: GreyClock on April 24, 2020, 04:07:29 AM
Is this a new development because on Fridays after work I go for my weekly beer run.

Nobody is going to restrict the sale of alcohol here, but I don't need another situation where I have to wipe my ass with paper towels if you feel me.

https://news.yahoo.com/world-health-organization-says-alcohol-165600247.html

been almost a week now

GreyClock

Quote from: VCRClock on April 24, 2020, 01:25:52 PM
Quote from: GreyClock on April 24, 2020, 12:12:02 PM
Aren't you supposed to wake up right before you die or something?

I think they make an exception when somebody's worked really hard on the special effects
Yeah, A+ work, very convincing. I now have a clearer mental image of what it would be like to be buried alive in a mass grave amongst my father's scattered remains. Swell.

I read that dreams like that (or the famous falling one) can cause an adrenaline rush, which wakes you up. I used to wake up with my heart in my throat all the time. Nowadays, if I wake up at all, nothing. Just... whatever, turn around and right back to sleep.

Or when you have only the faintest of notions that you had some sort of fight with a friend in a dream (with whom you have absolutely no issues in reality), only to have it cause some acute, deep-seated resentment which takes quite a while to fade. That doesn't happen anymore either.

Quote from: RobClock on April 24, 2020, 02:26:31 PMhttps://news.yahoo.com/world-health-organization-says-alcohol-165600247.html

been almost a week now
Oh great. Our main news website here apparently didn't pick it up, I did a search. We only had one from a few weeks earlier about "maybe not drink so much during the daytime."

GreyClock

Quote from: GreyClock on April 24, 2020, 02:33:37 PMI now have a clearer mental image of what it would be like to be buried alive in a mass grave amongst my father's scattered remains. Swell.
For all you G-men lurking this forum, that's sarcasm.

On an unrelated note: I browsed the gangstalking subreddit the other day, now there's a trip.

I was actually waiting for Rob to finish posting before logging off to watch a series, but he left. What a jerk.

RobClock

i'm just after receiving an emergency alert on my phone about police responding to gun shots in Dartmouth.  which like;

but obviously this is in response to the fact that there wasn't an emergency alert for the shooting that happened this past week in the mainland which resulted in 23 fatalities.

also this is like the first time in my life i can recall a spree shooting in nova scotia within my lifetime and two days later there's more gunplay going on in the city down on the mainland. Trudeau has already made moves to try and enforce stricter gun control laws in response to the initial shooting (despite the fact that the gun used by that individual was illegally procured and wielded IMAGINE MY SHOCK), I can't see this going any way other than to hasten his actions in this regard while he can still garner the support of the now scared and uninformed general populous. Not what I want to be happening when the same man less than a month ago attempted seizing unfettered executive control of federal taxation and has referred to the extremely stringent lockdown laws we're currently under as "the new normal".

RobClock

Quote from: GreyClock on April 24, 2020, 02:54:47 PM
Quote from: GreyClock on April 24, 2020, 02:33:37 PMI now have a clearer mental image of what it would be like to be buried alive in a mass grave amongst my father's scattered remains. Swell.
For all you G-men lurking this forum, that's sarcasm.

On an unrelated note: I browsed the gangstalking subreddit the other day, now there's a trip.

I was actually waiting for Rob to finish posting before logging off to watch a series, but he left. What a jerk.

oh man if the g-men are reading this, that last post definitely has me on a list somewhere.

didn't log off, just took me a minute to edit that map with the laptop track pad.

GreyClock

He's posting again, this better be good fucker. If it's a Youtube video about some ancient FPS franchise I'm gonna shit.

RobClock

Quote from: RobClock on April 24, 2020, 03:01:40 PM
this is like the first time in my life i can recall a spree shooting in nova scotia within my lifetime

nice popst bro props

RobClock

Quote from: GreyClock on April 24, 2020, 03:03:03 PM
He's posting again, this better be good fucker. If it's a Youtube video about some ancient FPS franchise I'm gonna shit.

like shit in a good way or a bad way because I'm sure I can find something

apparently doom 3 is dope in VR, for example

GreyClock

Quote from: RobClock on April 24, 2020, 03:14:56 PMlike shit in a good way or a bad way because I'm sure I can find something

apparently doom 3 is dope in VR, for example
Depends on your outlook on wet feces dripping down your pant leg.

Anyway, I read about that on the aforementioned news website. They tweeted about it and people where like "I'm not on Twitter eh." Overcorrect. You read a lot of Dutch news on your particular Canadian source?

How tight is the lockdown down ol' Canuck way? This "new normal" is very similar to our "move towards a lasting 1.5 meter society." Not that I care, my life as a pseudo-recluse hasn't changed much. Emptier trains, emptier streets. Pretty neat.

RobClock

The lockdown is pretty fucking tight. A number of people have been ticketed for walking together down the streets, there is a police stopcheck in Marion Bridge in the evenings requiring proof of residency before allowing you to proceed past, "non-essential travel" is now a fineable offense so you can't even go for a drive to get out of the house.

I can't say I get much Dutch news because admittedly I consume the least amount of News that I can. I'm having a hard time of maintaining my sanity with Big Brother breathing down my neck without willingly exposing myself to more of whats happening in the world.

RobClock

This concept of the normalization of treating everybody like they're a carrier for the black plague is mortifying to me, it dehumanizes us, and makes herd immunity a practical impossibility. I'm very fortunate to still have a job at this stage because I work for the Health Authority but I can't shake the feeling that I'm inside one of Oceania's ministries (the thought prompted me watching the movie last night, not vice versa)

GreyClock

Quote from: RobClock on April 24, 2020, 03:27:00 PM
The lockdown is pretty fucking tight. A number of people have been ticketed for walking together down the streets, there is a police stopcheck in Marion Bridge in the evenings requiring proof of residency before allowing you to proceed past, "non-essential travel" is now a fineable offense so you can't even go for a drive to get out of the house.

I can't say I get much Dutch news because admittedly I consume the least amount of News that I can. I'm having a hard time of maintaining my sanity with Big Brother breathing down my neck without willingly exposing myself to more of whats happening in the world.
Okay. There are fines here too. Mostly to annoying teenagers and people throwing lockdown parties. I applaud that. Not because I particularly care about this whole situation, it's just funny. Close to 400 euros baby. There are no checkpoints and non-essential travel is discouraged, but not a fineable offense.

Quote from: RobClock on April 24, 2020, 03:30:59 PMThis concept of the normalization of treating everybody like they're a carrier for the black plague is mortifying to me, it dehumanizes us, and makes herd immunity a practical impossibility. I'm very fortunate to still have a job at this stage because I work for the Health Authority but I can't shake the feeling that I'm inside one of Oceania's ministries (the thought prompted me watching the movie last night, not vice versa)
Getting a little gloomy there buddy boy. Perhaps disregard my gangstalking subreddit recommendation. Seriously though, social distancing is a reasonable attempt at not overflowing the intensive care units. That's all there is to it. We're all going to get it eventually. (Hell, I had very mild flulike symptoms a couple of weeks ago. Got my vacation extended and everything. Who knows what that was.) Case in point, the Mexican flu. That shit was still going around two years after anyone stopped giving a fuck. (I'm no expert and am not comparing the severity of the disease, just a general comparison of the situation as such...) Herd immunity is cool and all, but if you're fucked, you're fucked. That sucks on a micro-scale, but in the macro it's a cold, hard reality. Plus douchebags like me are still going in to work. Still going on beer runs. Don't worry so much.

GreyClock

*About the big picture. The possibility of losing your livelihood is another issue entirely.

PhantomCatClock

did someone say vr

i don't know about news, but I have my twitter set to Canada because US twitter is 4/5 trump and 1/5 football in the trending

Canada's is 1/5 football or basketball or hockey (which is already a nice change) and 4/5 people actually talking about shit—1/5 trump when relevant. huge improvement.

i saw the shooting and was gonna ask if you were okay but i figured you didn't want to be reminded that you were alive

RobClock

Quote from: PhantomCatClock on April 24, 2020, 04:20:29 PM
i saw the shooting and was gonna ask if you were okay but i figured you didn't want to be reminded that you were alive

your concern is appreciated but you figured correctly <3

RobClock

Quote from: GreyClock on April 24, 2020, 04:00:36 PM
Don't worry so much.
just chalk it up to my general distrust of authority, my hatred towards the current governing parties on the federal, provincial, and municipal levels, the drinking I've been doing, the fact that I haven't been laid since december and the three girls i've matched with on tinder in the last month haven't been game for a non-essential gathering.

GreyClock

Quote from: RobClock on April 24, 2020, 04:41:04 PM
Quote from: GreyClock on April 24, 2020, 04:00:36 PM
Don't worry so much.
just chalk it up to my general distrust of authority, my hatred towards the current governing parties on the federal, provincial, and municipal levels, the drinking I've been doing, the fact that I haven't been laid since december and the three girls i've matched with on tinder in the last month haven't been game for a non-essential gathering.
lmao

k9

Slurpee

Quote from: RobClock on April 24, 2020, 04:41:04 PM
the fact that I haven't been laid since december and the three girls i've matched with on tinder in the last month haven't been game for a non-essential gathering.
the solemnest of brofists