Clock Crew

Arts & Leisure => Gaming & Technology => Topic farted by: HeinekenClock on September 19, 2008, 12:34:57 PM

Title: The Spore Patch
Post by: HeinekenClock on September 19, 2008, 12:34:57 PM
It has the least pleasant installer ever.

It just goes to 100% and down to 0 again all over with no indication of how many items are left. It's taken me 15 minutes to patch, which is rediculous. The promises made are neat, though!

http://eu.spore.com/extra/?id=11326

I'll report back in a few hours to note the difference, I'm especially looking forward to not hearing people whine about an eco-disaster every five seconds in space age.
Title: The Spore Patch
Post by: WrenchClock on September 19, 2008, 12:55:13 PM
(https://clockcrew.net/talk/proxy.php?request=http%3A%2F%2Fi6.photobucket.com%2Falbums%2Fy206%2FMuaka1%2FImage2.png&hash=ba1e8f274c9730d8cca66bfa7a73f41e30e43df4)
Title: The Spore Patch
Post by: poopbutt on September 19, 2008, 05:27:02 PM
I know I am so pissed at all these "eco disasters" Oh and I got 1,000,000 spore bucks finally.
Title: The Spore Patch
Post by: TruncheonClock on September 19, 2008, 08:07:01 PM
Quote from: Boston;1406737I know I am so pissed at all these "eco disasters" Oh and I got 1,000,000 spore bucks finally.

Not hard.
Title: The Spore Patch
Post by: poopbutt on September 19, 2008, 09:30:28 PM
Quote from: Flounderwife;1406814Not hard.
Just reached that stage.
Title: The Spore Patch
Post by: TruncheonClock on September 19, 2008, 10:56:09 PM
Quote from: Boston;1406871Just reached that stage.

i only got the game today, but i was playing it on BobbyClock's pc and i earnt 1million sporebuck literally 4 mins after reaching space stage.


Probably because i was a goody-two-shoes and everyone in my galaxy loved me but hey! i'm rich.
Title: The Spore Patch
Post by: HeinekenClock on September 20, 2008, 01:28:49 AM
I've already finished spore a few days ago (yes there's an ending you just have to find it!) with an aggressive species, and found that being an aggressive species gives you a lot more shit (as in agnry empires) but it's still easier to earn money. I'm an economic empire now and it's pretty hard, though the +10 extra opinion you get when you greet an empire is pretty sweet.

About the patch though, no changes noticeable for me. Still a lot of "help defend my planet against 1 pirate ship that would've gone away after one blow from a turret" or "fuck, there's five sick animals on my planet and the entire eco-system is endangered, we need a motherfucking ufo to kill them"
Title: The Spore Patch
Post by: poopbutt on September 20, 2008, 08:00:43 AM
well did you like it?????
Title: The Spore Patch
Post by: shit for brains on September 20, 2008, 01:29:43 PM
Quote from: Boston;1407041well did you like it?????

yeah... but after you get the 42 its get repetitive
Title: The Spore Patch
Post by: HeinekenClock on September 20, 2008, 01:53:58 PM
Quote from: Cloaked;1407293yeah... but after you get the 42 its get repetitive

Yeah I was also promised an ending sequence but some guy talking about weird shit and handing you a hgttg reference doesn't exactly make for an ending sequence.

The thing you get is pretty fucking sweet though because the thing it does for you is the most boring thing to do if you have to do it yourself.
Title: The Spore Patch
Post by: shit for brains on September 20, 2008, 02:05:32 PM
Quote from: HeinekenClock;1407340Yeah I was also promised an ending sequence but some guy talking about weird shit and handing you a hgttg reference doesn't exactly make for an ending sequence.

The thing you get is pretty fucking sweet though because the thing it does for you is the most boring thing to do if you have to do it yourself.

yes but for what point?
you obviously have the strongest empire now...
Title: The Spore Patch
Post by: HeinekenClock on September 20, 2008, 04:37:44 PM
Quote from: Cloaked;1407361yes but for what point?
you obviously have the strongest empire now...
Tried exterminating the Grox yet?
Title: The Spore Patch
Post by: shit for brains on September 20, 2008, 06:39:12 PM
yeah but after I terraformed the first 10 planets I got bored
they have like over 100 worlds...
they can show the most amazing cinematic with nicholas cage featuring it and afterwards open up a new gameplay, Im not going to try and get rid of every Grox planet there is...
Title: The Spore Patch
Post by: Heliopios on September 20, 2008, 07:08:30 PM
I just blew up the planets.