Clock Crew

Arts & Leisure => Entertainment => Topic farted by: zl on January 06, 2009, 11:14:13 PM

Title: The Brave Little Toaster
Post by: zl on January 06, 2009, 11:14:13 PM
I just watched it again.

I had strong images in my head from watching it as a child, but didn't really remember how the movie went.

It was utterly insane.  I feel like I've been dragged through every emotion I can experience.  The mood of this movie changes so fast and drastically - the scenes range from sickeningly, twistedly idyllic to outright horrifying and disturbing.  That's a lot of adjectives to throw around but I'm a bit shell-shocked.

I can't believe that movie was for children.  There was suicide, mental breakdowns, brutal dismemberings, the toaster's dream sequence - holy shit!!

holy shit guys
Title: The Brave Little Toaster
Post by: Topcatyo on January 06, 2009, 11:19:42 PM
I've got to watch this again.
Title: The Brave Little Toaster
Post by: Topcatyo on January 06, 2009, 11:21:03 PM
When I think of The Brave Little Toaster, I think of this big red airplane on top of this one tower in Iowa, since the only time I remember watching that movie was at my cousin's old house, and the large red tower with the large red airplane on it was visible and very close by from outside the house.
Those were the good days.
Goddamn.
Title: The Brave Little Toaster
Post by: TremcladClock on January 06, 2009, 11:43:48 PM
I've always admired it as being a revolutionary element of children's cinema. At the time of its conception, it wasn't uncommon to see such a wide range of emotion in films catered to children.

The songs are great, too!
Title: The Brave Little Toaster
Post by: The Beatles on January 06, 2009, 11:48:39 PM
I have it on VHS, my favorite part is the musical in the junkyard

WORTHLESSSSSSSS
Title: The Brave Little Toaster
Post by: AMPEEEM on January 07, 2009, 12:12:24 AM
I watch that movie about once a year. Its awesome. Voice acting is great, art work is beautiful and because of the flow of the movie (and a little something I cannot describe) I always feel really good after watching this.
Title: The Brave Little Toaster
Post by: ActionClock on January 07, 2009, 02:32:27 AM
I always loved that movie. Also I beleive it was by the guy whos behind many of the pixar movies, and i can see some simularities
Title: The Brave Little Toaster
Post by: TequilaClock on January 07, 2009, 02:37:02 AM
I'm going to be the soulless guy here saying I have never seen it completely.
Title: The Brave Little Toaster
Post by: FLOUNDERMAN_CLOCK on January 07, 2009, 02:38:46 AM
In one of the sequels they go to mars. Why the fuck are they on mars, what possible reason could they have to go to fucking mars.

Also, the original cut of The Land Before Time is supposed to be pretty disturbing. They had to tone it down so it wouldn't frighten children.
Title: The Brave Little Toaster
Post by: TequilaClock on January 07, 2009, 02:40:47 AM
Quote from: !!GAYDAD BUTTFAG!!;1491293Also, the original cut of The Land Before Time is supposed to be pretty disturbing. They had to tone it down so it wouldn't frighten children.
Elaborate.
Title: The Brave Little Toaster
Post by: FLOUNDERMAN_CLOCK on January 07, 2009, 02:46:59 AM
Quote from: TequilaClock;1491294Elaborate.
I'm too lazy to type everything out so I'll just copypaste from wikipedia since they have a decent explanation.

Quote from: wikipoopLike Disney's The Black Cauldron, which was made three years earlier, and Warner Bros./Zoetrope's The Outsiders, which was made five years earlier, The Land Before Time went under a severe cutting and editing of footage. Steven Spielberg and George Lucas thought that some scenes in the movie would appear too frightening or could even cause psychological damage to young children. Around 10 minutes of footage, a total of 19 fully animated scenes, were cut from the final film. Much of the cut footage consisted of the Tyrannosaurus rex attack sequence and sequences of the five young dinosaurs in severe situations of peril and negative stress. Don Bluth was unhappy with the cuts, and fought for all the footage, but in the end he had to settle on a final running time of 69 minutes, one of Don Bluth’s shortest.[3]

Another part of the movie that was going to be eliminated was the death of Littlefoot’s mother. However, it was thought that if the scene were removed it would simply produce problems in explaining why Littlefoot had to journey to the Great Valley alone. In the end, psychologists were shown the scene and gave feedback to the production team. The character of Rooter was brought into the story to soften the emotional blow, and teach Littlefoot and the audience that although loved ones may die, they are always with us in the lessons that are learned from them.[3]

Some scenes with the characters in the movie screaming were revoiced with them having milder exclamations.
Title: The Brave Little Toaster
Post by: Marlin Clock on January 07, 2009, 03:06:17 AM
Man, I saw Jurassic Park as a kid and I didn't get emotionally scarred for shit, and that had real-looking dinosaurs :grumpy:

Ironically also by Stephen Spielberg, but I would assume Jurassic Park wasn't meant for children.
Title: The Brave Little Toaster
Post by: FLOUNDERMAN_CLOCK on January 07, 2009, 03:07:54 AM
All of the things I saw as a kid and the only one that really scared me was this

(https://clockcrew.net/talk/proxy.php?request=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.stuntkittyfilms.com%2Fimages%2Fmyspace%2Fcomedy%2Fbumble.jpg&hash=6b7afef9106397bee42845d05db196c74ac003af)
Title: The Brave Little Toaster
Post by: Marlin Clock on January 07, 2009, 03:08:55 AM
Oh god, now that movie is frightening.

Classic, but frightening.
Title: The Brave Little Toaster
Post by: FLOUNDERMAN_CLOCK on January 07, 2009, 03:14:04 AM
I would stop watching when he climbs over the mountains as Rudolph escapes on a floating ice block.
Title: The Brave Little Toaster
Post by: Marlin Clock on January 07, 2009, 03:23:28 AM
And it's not like they're done with the snowman, then they have him going to the creepy dysfunctional toy palace to add a whole layer of creepy on that.
Title: The Brave Little Toaster
Post by: Kombucha on January 07, 2009, 03:27:04 AM
Quote from: !!GAYDAD BUTTFAG!!;1491308All of the things I saw as a kid and the only one that really scared me was this

He's scary when you're a young child but adorable when you're older.
Title: The Brave Little Toaster
Post by: FLOUNDERMAN_CLOCK on January 07, 2009, 03:29:15 AM
Quote from: Titus;1491334He's scary when you're a young child but adorable when you're older.

A real one that's only a foot tall would make an adorable pet. At least until he eats your couch and shits on your carpet and your parents have him put down.
Title: The Brave Little Toaster
Post by: Kombucha on January 07, 2009, 03:30:01 AM
Provided that it doesn't bite anybody.
Title: The Brave Little Toaster
Post by: CaulkClock on January 07, 2009, 05:30:54 AM
The world needs more Don Bluth, no more CGI movie cloning
Title: The Brave Little Toaster
Post by: Poltergeist on January 07, 2009, 07:39:34 AM
I remembre in the second one there was a story about some baby cats that had just been born and hadn't opened their eyes yet and the mother cat hated this rat but then the rat did some cool stuff and was nice and the mother let the rat be the first thing the baby cats ever saw

Also there was this fat nerd collector guy in it somehwere
Title: The Brave Little Toaster
Post by: SlingshotClock on January 07, 2009, 10:19:47 AM
Quote from: TequilaClock;1491290I'm going to be the soulless guy here saying I have never seen it completely.

Here, if you're too cheap to rent it.

Also
[u2]FqT2uOa1-d0[/u2]
(song only to prevent spoilers)
Title: The Brave Little Toaster
Post by: BluezombieClock on January 07, 2009, 10:27:06 AM
Quote from: Winsling Payne;1491430Here, if you're too cheap to rent it.

Also
[u2]FqT2uOa1-d0[/u2]
(song only to prevent spoilers)

That used to be my favorite song in the whole movie. When I was young, it would make me cry because it felt like people were dying, knowing the couldn't do anything about it
Title: The Brave Little Toaster
Post by: FLOUNDERMAN_CLOCK on January 07, 2009, 03:29:49 PM
We're raising a generation of pansies. (http://www.telegraph.co.uk/culture/books/4125664/Traditional-fairytales-not-PC-enough-for-parents.html)
Title: The Brave Little Toaster
Post by: Kombucha on January 07, 2009, 07:13:36 PM
Quote from: !!GAYDAD BUTTFAG!!;1491579We're raising a generation of pansies.
I was going to say "what the fucK" but then I read that Eric Carle's the Very Hungry Catterpillar is now the most commonly read bedtime story which is cool.