Clock Crew

Arts & Leisure => Gaming & Technology => Topic farted by: Poltergeist on January 23, 2009, 05:58:56 PM

Title: I'm thinking about getting a PS3
Post by: Poltergeist on January 23, 2009, 05:58:56 PM
Thoughts?

The fact is I like artsy games - I like games with nice design and pretty and unique graphics, with the key word being unique - this means I do NOT want an endless fucking stream of brown bloomed FPS games. Games that really look great with awesome design and looks like LittlebigPlanet and Pixeljunk Eden. I like brown FPS games, don't get me wrong, I just want more from a console.

So, do you guys think I should shell out the money? If so, reccomend me some games.
Title: I'm thinking about getting a PS3
Post by: Topcatyo on January 23, 2009, 06:08:14 PM
Well, you can look over the list of games the PS3 has out or has coming out and see if you are interested in any of them.  LittleBigPlanet is great fun, Pixeljunk Eden starts out cool but gets old fast, and Flower is coming out soon which looks awesome, and eventually Noby Noby Boy, which I'm going to keep my eye on.
Really, the only person to best decide to buy one is you.  You should look over the games out for it and check the reviews to see if they're good.
I'll just give you a list of the games I have:

Metal Gear Solid 4 - What I bought the system for and, in my opinion, totally worth it.
Battlefield: Bad Company - Fun, short single player but a lot of fun online
Pixeljunk Eden - As I explained, starts out good but gets old fast.  I heard they released a patch that makes the game less difficult (I dunno how), but I haven't bothered to check
LittleBigPlanet - Great fun and lots to do.  The Create mode is really diverse.
Bioshock - Good stuff, but not much replayability at all.
Linger In Shadows - It's like an interactive movie, and it lasts about 10 minutes, but it's unique and it's cheap.
Ratchet and Clank: Tools of Destruction - Fun platformer, hilarious characters and fun story as always with the series.

I also played Uncharted: Drake's Fortune.  It's fun, and quite enjoyable if you're able to overlook the many many glitches in the game.

That's all I got.
Title: I'm thinking about getting a PS3
Post by: Asshatclock on January 23, 2009, 06:11:37 PM
I'll just list the games I have for it:
Orange Box
Folklore
Ratchet & Clank
Metal Gear Solid 4
Call of Duty 4
Call of Duty 5
Brothers in Arms hells highway
Assasins Creed
Prince of Persia
GTA IV
Saints row 2
Fifa 08
Fifa 09
Fallout 3

Games I plan to get in the future:
God of War III
Final Fantasy XIII
Valkyra Chronicles
Killzone 2
Street Fighter 4
Eternal Sonata

I might add some I forgot now.
Maybe get an Xbox for more game variety.
Title: I'm thinking about getting a PS3
Post by: TequilaClock on January 23, 2009, 06:12:07 PM
Well, I don't OWN a PS3 but I have played it a buncha times.

Rock Band 2
Mirror's Edge
LittleBigPlanet
Bioshock
Fallout 3
Street Fighter IV [Soon]
Resident Evil 5 [Soon]
Bony Bony Boy [Soon]
Title: I'm thinking about getting a PS3
Post by: Poltergeist on January 23, 2009, 06:15:40 PM
Well, a PS3 is around 300 pounds where I am, which I believe is six hundred dollars if I'm getting my conversions right. Is it worth it, do you think?
Title: I'm thinking about getting a PS3
Post by: TequilaClock on January 23, 2009, 06:20:09 PM
I can't say you'd repent or anything. The PS3 is pretty cool, 2009 has a good lineup like the Wii.

Which being on topic, I should get a Wii soon, my family is beginning to want one.
Title: I'm thinking about getting a PS3
Post by: Roman Collar Clock on January 23, 2009, 06:28:51 PM
Quote from: Poltergeisty;1504552Well, a PS3 is around 300 pounds where I am, which I believe is six hundred dollars if I'm getting my conversions right. Is it worth it, do you think?

599 US DOLLARS
Title: I'm thinking about getting a PS3
Post by: GearBoxClock on January 23, 2009, 06:30:08 PM
If you get one, get MGS4, LBP, and a toaster.
Title: I'm thinking about getting a PS3
Post by: Sombra on January 23, 2009, 06:43:18 PM
If you have a good, gaming-capable PC, get a PS3.

If you have a shitty PC or don't like PC games, get a 360.
Title: I'm thinking about getting a PS3
Post by: EtchASketchClock on January 23, 2009, 06:49:26 PM
Quote from: TequilaClock;1504546Well, I don't OWN a PS3 but I have played it a buncha times.

Rock Band 2
Mirror's Edge
LittleBigPlanet
Bioshock
Fallout 3
Street Fighter IV [Soon]
Resident Evil 5 [Soon]
Bony Bony Boy [Soon]
Theres only 2 PS3 exclusives in that list.
Title: I'm thinking about getting a PS3
Post by: Flounderpa on January 23, 2009, 07:28:26 PM
Quote from: The Warden;1504585Theres only 2 PS3 exclusives in that list.
If you have a 360 you can get really much the same
Title: I'm thinking about getting a PS3
Post by: NintendrCkolc on January 23, 2009, 07:51:47 PM
(https://clockcrew.net/talk/proxy.php?request=http%3A%2F%2Froberthood.net%2Fblog%2Fwp-content%2Fuploads%2F2008%2F05%2F_incredible_giant_crab_redux_by_vegasmike.jpg&hash=e869a4c983a77fc6b57a1ad7133b325f93637a09)

and you attack its weak point for massive damage.
Title: I'm thinking about getting a PS3
Post by: SnakeClock on January 23, 2009, 08:27:46 PM
I was thinking about it, then it occurred to me that I much prefer the Xbox 360 versions of the games they have on it, and LBP is only fun for so long.
Title: I'm thinking about getting a PS3
Post by: ActionClock on January 24, 2009, 09:41:36 PM
I have a ps3, and im totally happy with it.

xbox owners tend to give me crap, but it has everything i want, and the whole fanboy thing is dumb, pick which system appeals to you and thats it

mgs4 god of war3 and lbp are what sold it for me
Title: I'm thinking about getting a PS3
Post by: The Beatles on January 24, 2009, 10:10:13 PM
360>Ps3>Wii inb4 sony fag boys
Title: I'm thinking about getting a PS3
Post by: Maltese on January 24, 2009, 10:13:16 PM
I prefer the Wii to the PS3

although it's severely lacking games.
Title: I'm thinking about getting a PS3
Post by: TequilaClock on January 25, 2009, 03:31:10 AM
I prefer the system that has games I like than something that bores me and hate like integral calculus. Nuff said.
Title: I'm thinking about getting a PS3
Post by: mauserclock on January 25, 2009, 05:01:56 AM
i would prefer a ps3 to an xbox because i have a really good computer
Title: I'm thinking about getting a PS3
Post by: Poltergeist on January 25, 2009, 05:21:09 AM
I don't have a gaming quality PC, but for the most part the PC games I want are on consoles, I'm also not a fan of MMO-type games at all.


I'm getting a PS3 today with LBP, Fallout 3 and Saints Row 2
Title: I'm thinking about getting a PS3
Post by: Asshatclock on January 25, 2009, 08:35:03 AM
Quote from: Poltergeisty;1505881I don't have a gaming quality PC, but for the most part the PC games I want are on consoles, I'm also not a fan of MMO-type games at all.


I'm getting a PS3 today with LBP, Fallout 3 and Saints Row 2

hot sauce, now make a psn account and add Asshatclock to your friends list.
Title: I'm thinking about getting a PS3
Post by: Poltergeist on January 25, 2009, 09:36:20 AM
Okay awesome

I only have LittleBigPlanet, I'll probably get MGS4 within a few weeks though
Title: I'm thinking about getting a PS3
Post by: Topcatyo on January 25, 2009, 10:17:03 AM
Awesome, send me your PSN and stuff.
Title: I'm thinking about getting a PS3
Post by: Poltergeist on January 25, 2009, 12:17:04 PM
EeEEeEeeEeEEEEeeerrrRRrrRRr


My user name is Twist, my PSN is Twist-the-Great

Boy LittleBigPlanet is swell!