Clock Crew

Arts & Leisure => Entertainment => Topic farted by: patriotclock on January 12, 2010, 01:48:29 AM

Title: Spider-Man 4 Cancelled, Series Reboot coming 2012
Post by: patriotclock on January 12, 2010, 01:48:29 AM
http://www.slashfilm.com/2010/01/11/spider-man-4-scrapped-raimi-and-maguire-gone-sony-plans-franchise-reboot-for-2012/

http://www.slashfilm.com/2010/01/11/spider-man-reboot-already-written-will-be-gritty-contemporary-take/

Oh my
Title: Spider-Man 4 Cancelled, Series Reboot coming 2012
Post by: Thor on January 12, 2010, 02:19:53 AM
Too bad Marvel can't use Spider-man in their movies. Sony is a shit company and Marvel could have done something awesome.

:(
Title: Spider-Man 4 Cancelled, Series Reboot coming 2012
Post by: RobClock on January 12, 2010, 06:42:54 AM
QuoteThe mag also mentions Gary Ross, hired to write one of the last Spider-Man 4 drafts, and Michael Bay

i believe i just lost all faith in humanity.
Title: Spider-Man 4 Cancelled, Series Reboot coming 2012
Post by: Poltergeist on January 12, 2010, 06:49:53 AM
http://chud.com/articles/articles/22...OOD/Page1.html
http://chud.com/articles/articles/22...OOD/Page1.html
http://chud.com/articles/articles/22...OOD/Page1.html
http://chud.com/articles/articles/22...OOD/Page1.html
http://chud.com/articles/articles/22...OOD/Page1.html
Title: Spider-Man 4 Cancelled, Series Reboot coming 2012
Post by: Munglai on January 12, 2010, 08:20:06 AM
I'm not sure if this is good or bad. On the one hand it's nice to see Sam Raimi standing up to Sony instead of just going with it and making another weak movie but on the other hand Sony is still in charge and will probably just get a less talented director who'll do what they tell them.

Either way, the series has kind of collapsed and it'll be nice to get a fresh start where they don't have to stick to the rules and tone of the first film. Plus they can do Venom again and potentially get it right.

Hopefully since Sony will realise that the reason Batman Begins was great was because it had a strong writer/director with a lot of creative control. They probably won't though. They're pretty much idiots. They should really just stop dicking around with the character and give the rights back to Marvel.
Title: Spider-Man 4 Cancelled, Series Reboot coming 2012
Post by: PirateClock on January 12, 2010, 08:48:43 AM
"bets on a thinly-translated Ultimate Spider-Man"


I hope they do this. Mainly cause i don't read the Ultimate series so when they turn it into a movie i won't feel compelled to whine about inaccuracies like the nerd i am. Iron Man, X-men and Hulk where all based on a mix of Ultimate, 616 and new stories which i thought worked really well ('cept the first Hulk movie obviously).

Also im glad they are rebooting it cause Tobey and Kirsten sucked balls, so did the villains in the 3rd movie. I also heard they are rebooting Daredevil and Fantastic Four, which is good but i kinda wished they'd make movies of the other series (Iron Fist, Moon Knight, Dr Strange etc) first before rebooting already used series.
Title: Spider-Man 4 Cancelled, Series Reboot coming 2012
Post by: DWARFINATORclock on January 12, 2010, 09:28:08 AM
I'm happy this happened because all three Spiderman movies are lame. It is a bit surprising though seeing as Spiderman 3 is #15 on the highest grossing movie of all time and Spiderman 2 is #29. That being said, if they make a Spiderman like the last Batman movie I'm sure it will surpass that.

Now Raimi can go back to making horror movies :)
Title: Spider-Man 4 Cancelled, Series Reboot coming 2012
Post by: DWARFINATORclock on January 12, 2010, 09:30:08 AM
Quote from: Phil Ken Sebben;1715982Also im glad they are rebooting it cause Tobey and Kirsten sucked balls, so did the villains in the 3rd movie. I also heard they are rebooting Daredevil and Fantastic Four, which is good but i kinda wished they'd make movies of the other series (Iron Fist, Moon Knight, Dr Strange etc) first before rebooting already used series.

Those aren't big names that the general public knows so the only way they'd make a movie about them is if they had a spot in a movie of a popular hero (like Wolverine) and then suddenly became popular (like Deadpool).
Title: Spider-Man 4 Cancelled, Series Reboot coming 2012
Post by: Asshatclock on January 12, 2010, 10:05:41 AM
I thought spiderman 2 was pretty cool.
Title: Spider-Man 4 Cancelled, Series Reboot coming 2012
Post by: YoYoClock on January 12, 2010, 10:23:28 AM
If theyre doing this to follow a similar tone to the dark knight I really don't think it'd fit spiderman
Title: Spider-Man 4 Cancelled, Series Reboot coming 2012
Post by: miracle fruit on January 12, 2010, 10:45:27 AM
the dark spider
Title: Spider-Man 4 Cancelled, Series Reboot coming 2012
Post by: PirateClock on January 12, 2010, 10:51:43 AM
The spider man comics aren't as violent and dark as Batman, Wolverine, or Punisher comics. Spiderman is brightly colored and with loads of humor. Hell the worst thing that ever happened in Spiderman was the Green Goblin tossing a chick of a bridge whereas in the other comics stuff like mass murder, rape and torture happen on a weekly basis.
Title: Spider-Man 4 Cancelled, Series Reboot coming 2012
Post by: Silly Putty Clock on January 12, 2010, 10:53:58 AM
I know it's not canon and wouldn't fit Spider-Man at all as he is in the comics, but wouldn't it be neat if they did a Spider-Man movie where all those crazy transformations are treated as body horror and happen gradually over the course of the movie like in The Fly? I'd like to see this treatment with the Lizard in particular.

also I must confess I enjoyed the emo jazz dance scene :(
Title: Spider-Man 4 Cancelled, Series Reboot coming 2012
Post by: Poltergeist on January 12, 2010, 11:40:40 AM
Quote from: Phil Ken Sebben;1716008The spider man comics aren't as violent and dark as Batman, Wolverine, or Punisher comics. Spiderman is brightly colored and with loads of humor. Hell the worst thing that ever happened in Spiderman was the Green Goblin tossing a chick of a bridge whereas in the other comics stuff like mass murder, rape and torture happen on a weekly basis.

I'm pretty sure the Clone saga was worse. ESPECIALLY in the Ultimate universe.
Title: Spider-Man 4 Cancelled, Series Reboot coming 2012
Post by: Silly Putty Clock on January 12, 2010, 11:57:19 AM
Relevant:
[U2]fk6omPlM8bw[/U2]
Title: Spider-Man 4 Cancelled, Series Reboot coming 2012
Post by: DWARFINATORclock on January 12, 2010, 12:38:34 PM
Quote from: Phil Ken Sebben;1716008The spider man comics aren't as violent and dark as Batman, Wolverine, or Punisher comics. Spiderman is brightly colored and with loads of humor. Hell the worst thing that ever happened in Spiderman was the Green Goblin tossing a chick of a bridge whereas in the other comics stuff like mass murder, rape and torture happen on a weekly basis.

Spiderman revealing his identity was filled with jokes.
Title: Spider-Man 4 Cancelled, Series Reboot coming 2012
Post by: Poltergeist on January 12, 2010, 12:55:43 PM
So basically what we can gather from that is Spider-man is a more enjoyable character than most other Marvel characters. I'd take Spidey or Deadpool over Wolverine or Captain America any day.
Title: Spider-Man 4 Cancelled, Series Reboot coming 2012
Post by: patriotclock on January 12, 2010, 12:58:38 PM
Quote from: Juror 8;1716050So basically what we can gather from that is Spider-man is a more enjoyable character than most other Marvel characters. I'd take Spidey or Deadpool over Wolverine or Captain America any day.

Spider-man & Captain America are the two best Marvel heroes ok.
Title: Spider-Man 4 Cancelled, Series Reboot coming 2012
Post by: PirateClock on January 12, 2010, 01:00:22 PM
Quote from: Juror 8;1716050So basically what we can gather from that is Spider-man is a more enjoyable character than most other Marvel characters. I'd take Spidey or Deadpool over Wolverine or Captain America any day.

You need different characters. I always love team-ups between people like Wolverine or Punisher with people like Spiderman. All great teams (Justice League, Avengers etc) always have dark and serious dudes and light and humorous dudes.
Title: Spider-Man 4 Cancelled, Series Reboot coming 2012
Post by: Poltergeist on January 12, 2010, 01:31:58 PM
Quote from: Phil Ken Sebben;1716055You need different characters. I always love team-ups between people like Wolverine or Punisher with people like Spiderman. All great teams (Justice League, Avengers etc) always have dark and serious dudes and light and humorous dudes.

I think a punisher/spider-man combo sounds pretty good to me :)
Title: Spider-Man 4 Cancelled, Series Reboot coming 2012
Post by: PirateClock on January 12, 2010, 01:41:50 PM
Quote from: Juror 8;1716076I think a punisher/spider-man combo sounds pretty good to me :)

They've done that multiple times.  Most recently in Suicide kings which was basically a 4 way team-up between Punisher, Deadpool, Daredevil and Spider-man vs The Wrecking Crew and Tombstone (and vs each other).
Title: Spider-Man 4 Cancelled, Series Reboot coming 2012
Post by: PirateClock on January 12, 2010, 01:43:29 PM
Btw:

(https://clockcrew.net/talk/proxy.php?request=http%3A%2F%2Fgraphicworlds.files.wordpress.com%2F2009%2F01%2Fjk_simmons.jpg&hash=c2435cd3c62a56e2c644f1146bc11e82df4d7556)
Still the best comic book casting ever.
Title: Spider-Man 4 Cancelled, Series Reboot coming 2012
Post by: Poltergeist on January 12, 2010, 01:50:14 PM
Agreed. I feel sorry for whoever has to fill his shoes next.

Tim Roth as Blonsky was cool too though, even if they kinda screwed up the character
Title: Spider-Man 4 Cancelled, Series Reboot coming 2012
Post by: Slurpee on January 12, 2010, 01:55:19 PM
tobey macguider-man didn't crack wise enough. that's the only thing I want to change, really. also kirsten dunst is kind of stupid and annoying so it'd be cool to have her gone.
Title: Spider-Man 4 Cancelled, Series Reboot coming 2012
Post by: Munglai on January 12, 2010, 02:11:21 PM
Quote from: Asshatclock;1715996I thought spiderman 2 was pretty cool.

agreed.
Title: Spider-Man 4 Cancelled, Series Reboot coming 2012
Post by: PirateClock on January 12, 2010, 02:19:25 PM
Quote from: Slurpee;1716085tobey macguider-man didn't crack wise enough. that's the only thing I want to change, really. also kirsten dunst is kind of stupid and annoying so it'd be cool to have her gone.

It be faster if i said the stuff i did like, i liked: J Jonah Jameson, Willem Dafoe as Osborn/Goblin, Alfred Molina as Doc Oc and i liked the look of the spideysuit. That's about it to be honest.
Title: Spider-Man 4 Cancelled, Series Reboot coming 2012
Post by: Marlin Clock on January 12, 2010, 02:30:49 PM
I liked Spiderman 2, but I do agree the spiderman wasn't joking enough. My best impression of spiderman was from the Fox cartoon show during the nineties that played next to the X-Men.
Title: Spider-Man 4 Cancelled, Series Reboot coming 2012
Post by: Poltergeist on January 12, 2010, 02:40:55 PM
I thought Spider-Man 2 was one of the best superhero movies to be honest. I didn't even mind the maudlin drama, it was reasonably well done.
Title: Spider-Man 4 Cancelled, Series Reboot coming 2012
Post by: DWARFINATORclock on January 12, 2010, 02:41:22 PM
Quote from: Juror 8;1716050So basically what we can gather from that is Spider-man is a more enjoyable character than most other Marvel characters. I'd take Spidey or Deadpool over Wolverine or Captain America any day.

I didn't say more enjoyable, I said better known.

Quote from: Slurpee;1716085tobey macguider-man didn't crack wise enough. that's the only thing I want to change, really. also kirsten dunst is kind of stupid and annoying so it'd be cool to have her gone.

I also agree and would like to add that Kirsten Dunst simply isn't hot enough to play Mary Jane.
Title: Spider-Man 4 Cancelled, Series Reboot coming 2012
Post by: Poltergeist on January 12, 2010, 03:09:34 PM
(https://clockcrew.net/talk/proxy.php?request=http%3A%2F%2Fpages.prodigy.net%2Fmike_p_smith%2Fhbpimages%2Fginny-rips-off-mary-jane.jpg&hash=a2c30f30c51dc528cab77c9f92029f5733b3e947)
Title: Spider-Man 4 Cancelled, Series Reboot coming 2012
Post by: Marlin Clock on January 12, 2010, 03:29:53 PM
Quote from: Juror 8;1716105I thought Spider-Man 2 was one of the best superhero movies to be honest. I didn't even mind the maudlin drama, it was reasonably well done.
Yeah, the subway scene was my favorite part.
Title: Spider-Man 4 Cancelled, Series Reboot coming 2012
Post by: miracle fruit on January 12, 2010, 06:27:00 PM
brock asking god to kill peter parker had me pissing my pants
Title: Spider-Man 4 Cancelled, Series Reboot coming 2012
Post by: Slurpee on January 12, 2010, 06:30:09 PM
Quote from: miralcefrit;1716236brock asking god to kill peter parker had me pissing my pants

please, god, kill sideshow bob.
Title: Spider-Man 4 Cancelled, Series Reboot coming 2012
Post by: Biblo on January 12, 2010, 07:00:45 PM
Quote from: RibsClock;1716240Also something about the Red Skull that I just realized about Two Face in The Dark Knight...how the hell did he say P's, M's, F's, and B's without half his lips? That would kind of cause a bit of an impediment don't you think?

I went to a thing with Aaron Eckhart talking and he said that him and Chris Nolan talked about the possibility of Two-Face slurring or talking strange but they realised it would just be distracting

But yeah there's a large amount of willing suspension of disbelief there
Title: Spider-Man 4 Cancelled, Series Reboot coming 2012
Post by: Munglai on January 12, 2010, 08:45:09 PM
Quote from: Biblo;1716250I went to a thing with Aaron Eckhart talking and he said that him and Chris Nolan talked about the possibility of Two-Face slurring or talking strange but they realised it would just be distracting

But yeah there's a large amount of willing suspension of disbelief there

I think making Two-Face as scarred as he was in Dark Knight was the only really bad decision of the whole movie. It just wasn't fitting with the tone of the film. The story behind it was good - his scarring is from getting burned, only half of his face got burnt because he'd fallen in a pool of petrol, he refused medication and skin grafts because of guilt, Joker makes him go mega-crazy. All that was great. But why couldn't they just make his scars a bit more reasonable? There was no need for his eyelid and lips to be completely gone, it just made it unbelievable. I understand they wanted a big impact but going that far just made it unrealistic. It would have been more shocking if it looked like real wounds. Plus it would have saved a whole load of money.
Title: Spider-Man 4 Cancelled, Series Reboot coming 2012
Post by: Silly Putty Clock on January 12, 2010, 08:56:16 PM
Quote from: Munglai;1716280I think making Two-Face as scarred as he was in Dark Knight was the only really bad decision of the whole movie. It just wasn't fitting with the tone of the film. The story behind it was good - his scarring is from getting burned, only half of his face got burnt because he'd fallen in a pool of petrol, he refused medication and skin grafts because of guilt, Joker makes him go mega-crazy. All that was great. But why couldn't they just make his scars a bit more reasonable? There was no need for his eyelid and lips to be completely gone, it just made it unbelievable. I understand they wanted a big impact but going that far just made it unrealistic. It would have been more shocking if it looked like real wounds. Plus it would have saved a whole load of money.

:this:
Half of his face should have looked like this:
Title: Spider-Man 4 Cancelled, Series Reboot coming 2012
Post by: Silly Putty Clock on January 12, 2010, 09:32:53 PM
Quote from: RibsClock;1716295The thing that wasn't realistic is that he didn't end up with catastrophic and probably fatal infections and gangrene from massive subdermal burns on half of the head, not to mention severe brain damage if his head burned long and hot enough to destroy muscles (and the ears, eyelids, cheeks, and lips entirely to the point where they were literally charred black)

Which brings up the question of how his left eyeball remained relatively intact when the heat was enough to burn off all that flesh. Surely it would have boiled out of its socket.
Title: Spider-Man 4 Cancelled, Series Reboot coming 2012
Post by: Munglai on January 12, 2010, 09:54:44 PM
Bad job Dark Knight design team. You guys should learn some restraint.
Title: Spider-Man 4 Cancelled, Series Reboot coming 2012
Post by: Slurpee on January 12, 2010, 09:59:57 PM
you don't have to sperg out over what real burn wounds look and act like it's just a matter of not taking something that's stylistically powerful to the point of SKELETON MAN
Title: Spider-Man 4 Cancelled, Series Reboot coming 2012
Post by: Kombucha on January 12, 2010, 10:22:51 PM
Quote from: Silly Putty Clock;1716289:this:
Half of his face should have looked like this:
But then he wouldn't look like Two-Face.
Title: Spider-Man 4 Cancelled, Series Reboot coming 2012
Post by: Slurpee on January 12, 2010, 10:26:42 PM
Quote from: Silly Putty Clock;1716289:this:
Half of his face should have looked like this:

a pretty girl?

edit: GAH!
Title: Spider-Man 4 Cancelled, Series Reboot coming 2012
Post by: Silly Putty Clock on January 12, 2010, 10:40:27 PM
Quote from: RibsClock;1716322That makes me kind of depressed actually

Yeah, the article is even more depressing.
Title: Spider-Man 4 Cancelled, Series Reboot coming 2012
Post by: ProqagandaClock on January 12, 2010, 11:24:38 PM
I agree that Peter Parkers boss was a great setpiece, sadly the whole Peter Parker and Mary Jaine ruined the movies for me.

The second one was good because the bad guy was actually well done and earned your empathy.

Twoface was a mistake in the dark knight but... I don't know or care that much. It's just a shame they won't have the Joker to enjoy anymore.
I really hope they'd pull of Dr.Freeze in a good way, would make my century. But they probably won't.
QuoteJames Vanderbilt that focuses on a teenager grappling with both contemporary human problems and amazing super-human crises.
Am I the only one who consider Spiderman to be even more silly than Batman?

I hated the human side and drama in the movies aswell as their acting (the girl was a travesty and I am proud I do not know her name).

I don't hope on anything but I guess they can make something less bad with the reboot.
Title: Spider-Man 4 Cancelled, Series Reboot coming 2012
Post by: PirateClock on January 13, 2010, 08:02:36 AM
Since we are pointing out flaws, Captain America: The First Avenger is already pissing me off cause the title is incorrect!
Title: Spider-Man 4 Cancelled, Series Reboot coming 2012
Post by: DWARFINATORclock on January 13, 2010, 08:49:55 AM
Quote from: Silly Putty Clock;1716289:this:
Half of his face should have looked like this:

That's like the third time I've seen this picture posted here this month.
Title: Spider-Man 4 Cancelled, Series Reboot coming 2012
Post by: Poltergeist on January 13, 2010, 09:23:48 AM
I'm starting to agree more and more with the article I posted, and I'm seriously dreading the idea of a Twilight Spider-Man
Title: Spider-Man 4 Cancelled, Series Reboot coming 2012
Post by: PirateClock on January 13, 2010, 11:55:35 AM
Quote from: RibsClock;1716508I looked up the first Avengers comic and it's funny how they decided somehow that Loki was the god of evil.

Did you also notice how Captain America isn't in it!
Title: Spider-Man 4 Cancelled, Series Reboot coming 2012
Post by: Munglai on January 13, 2010, 02:22:14 PM
Quote from: ProqagandaClock;1716358Twoface was a mistake in the dark knight but... I don't know or care that much. It's just a shame they won't have the Joker to enjoy anymore.
I really hope they'd pull of Dr.Freeze in a good way, would make my century. But they probably won't.

I think Twoface was mostly really good, they should have just left his eye and mouth in tact.

Mr Freeze would be a great villain to do. If Nolan thinks a freeze gun is too silly, just have him kidnap people and lock them in freezers until they die or something. That would make him kind of a better character anyway - Mr Freeze's bitterness and lack of empathy were always what made him interesting, not his campy ice laser.
Title: Spider-Man 4 Cancelled, Series Reboot coming 2012
Post by: Marlin Clock on January 13, 2010, 02:51:23 PM
Why couldn't he spray liquid nitrogen or something?
Title: Spider-Man 4 Cancelled, Series Reboot coming 2012
Post by: TequilaClock on January 13, 2010, 03:07:40 PM
Slightly unrelated, but cannot wait for Iron Man 2222222
Quote from: Phil Ken Sebben;1716079Btw:


Still the best comic book casting ever.
hahahha yesss
Title: Spider-Man 4 Cancelled, Series Reboot coming 2012
Post by: GearBoxClock on January 13, 2010, 03:11:54 PM
Maybe the reboot will make Venom a good character? And Not kill Dr. Octopus?
Title: Spider-Man 4 Cancelled, Series Reboot coming 2012
Post by: Marlin Clock on January 13, 2010, 03:15:40 PM
Why would you have venom be a good character right off the bat?
Title: Spider-Man 4 Cancelled, Series Reboot coming 2012
Post by: GearBoxClock on January 13, 2010, 03:18:14 PM
Well, if Venom is in the movie, I'd want him to be at least a threat, unlike Spiderman 3's Venom
Title: Spider-Man 4 Cancelled, Series Reboot coming 2012
Post by: Marlin Clock on January 13, 2010, 03:21:19 PM
I always liked Scorpion myself.
Title: Spider-Man 4 Cancelled, Series Reboot coming 2012
Post by: Marlin Clock on January 13, 2010, 04:15:12 PM
However, you have to admit that the  Batman the Animated Series Mr. Freeze brought so much depth to his character that that movie just squandered.
Title: Spider-Man 4 Cancelled, Series Reboot coming 2012
Post by: Slurpee on January 13, 2010, 04:21:17 PM
to be fair, they did keep the motivation about his wife.
at the end he's even given the chance to finish his research to save his wife and saves alfred.

not bad for a I'm a edgy teen piece of shit that almost destroyed the careers of everybody involved.

The Batman just made him into a jewelry thief.
Title: Spider-Man 4 Cancelled, Series Reboot coming 2012
Post by: FLOUNDERMAN_CLOCK on January 13, 2010, 04:24:30 PM
Quote from: Slurpee;1716607The Batman just made him into a jewelry thief.

That pissed me right the hell off.
Title: Spider-Man 4 Cancelled, Series Reboot coming 2012
Post by: Poltergeist on January 13, 2010, 04:40:49 PM
I hated The Batman for what it did to Mr. Freeze and the Riddler.
Title: Spider-Man 4 Cancelled, Series Reboot coming 2012
Post by: GearBoxClock on January 13, 2010, 04:53:03 PM
The Batman was... different. Not in the good way when it came to the villains.
Title: Spider-Man 4 Cancelled, Series Reboot coming 2012
Post by: FLOUNDERMAN_CLOCK on January 13, 2010, 05:03:21 PM
Quote from: GearBoxClock;1716617The Batman was... different. Not in the good way when it came to the villains.

Ethan Bennet's Clayface had a really good plotline actually, definitely my favorite part of the series. And to be honest I liked the new Joker, different as he was from my beloved TAS joker. He was interesting in his own right.
Title: Spider-Man 4 Cancelled, Series Reboot coming 2012
Post by: FLOUNDERMAN_CLOCK on January 13, 2010, 05:25:08 PM
Quote from: RibsClock;1716625It's really hard to top Mark Hammil's joker. He was just so outstanding in that role.

I didn't like what they did to him with Terry McGuinness in Batman Beyond though.

Really? I loved the Joker movie. I've only seen the unedited version though, you probably saw the tv version which I'm told is terrible.
Title: Spider-Man 4 Cancelled, Series Reboot coming 2012
Post by: Munglai on January 13, 2010, 05:31:09 PM
I would love to see a movie Mr Freeze along the lines of Kevin Spacey in Seven or John Lithgow in Dexter. Only with more freezing.
Title: Spider-Man 4 Cancelled, Series Reboot coming 2012
Post by: PirateClock on January 14, 2010, 05:25:22 AM
You know who is awesome? Mac fucking Gargan.
Title: Spider-Man 4 Cancelled, Series Reboot coming 2012
Post by: TequilaClock on January 15, 2010, 09:29:57 PM
Can Marvel do something about the Fantastic Four and not make Galactus a god damn cloud? He was the only reason I watched FFaSS
Title: Spider-Man 4 Cancelled, Series Reboot coming 2012
Post by: Poltergeist on January 20, 2010, 01:46:34 AM
Hey guys, I was right.


http://chud.com/articles/articles/22215/1/WELCOME-TO-SMALLVILLE-SPIDER-MAN/Page1.html


Spider-man is turning into Twilight. One of the over-arching stories is a love... er, square, between Gwen, MJ, Peter and Flash Thompson.


Awesome.
Title: Spider-Man 4 Cancelled, Series Reboot coming 2012
Post by: Kaijuclock on January 20, 2010, 02:49:24 AM
This is the best news ever!
Title: Spider-Man 4 Cancelled, Series Reboot coming 2012
Post by: FLOUNDERMAN_CLOCK on January 20, 2010, 02:52:45 AM
The next movie will be a crossover with Transformers, Galactus and Unicron fight each other for the ultimate fate of the earth, and the autobots all combine into Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann piloted by the fantastic four to defeat them. All this directed by Michael Bay with the soundtrack consisting of Meteora by Linking Park.
Title: Spider-Man 4 Cancelled, Series Reboot coming 2012
Post by: Kaijuclock on January 20, 2010, 02:56:48 AM
Quote from: Sea Bass;1719392The next movie will be a crossover with Transformers, Galactus and Unicron fight each other for the ultimate fate of the earth, and the autobots all combine into Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann piloted by the fantastic four to defeat them. All this directed by Michael Bay with the soundtrack consisting of Meteora by Linking Park.
Some of this sounds awesome while other parts make me pissed off :(
Title: Spider-Man 4 Cancelled, Series Reboot coming 2012
Post by: Kaijuclock on January 20, 2010, 03:29:56 AM
The deadpool head from wolverine origins comes alive and teams up with lobo to fight the skrulls lead by superman as the joker uses the oppertunity to attack Paradigm city in Voltron. The movie end with a big explosion as soundwave shits pokeballs on gotham city and batman and robin have an orgy with captain america and bucky.
Title: Spider-Man 4 Cancelled, Series Reboot coming 2012
Post by: PirateClock on January 20, 2010, 06:02:19 AM
Incredible Hulk finds the Infinity Gauntlet.

End of movie.
Title: Spider-Man 4 Cancelled, Series Reboot coming 2012
Post by: Roman Collar Clock on January 20, 2010, 06:31:13 AM
Quote from: RibsClock;1716240Also something about the Red Skull that I just realized about Two Face in The Dark Knight...how the hell did he say P's, M's, F's, and B's without half his lips? That would kind of cause a bit of an impediment don't you think?

A wizard did it.
Title: Spider-Man 4 Cancelled, Series Reboot coming 2012
Post by: Munglai on January 20, 2010, 12:36:40 PM
Quote from: Juror 8;1719378Hey guys, I was right.


http://chud.com/articles/articles/22215/1/WELCOME-TO-SMALLVILLE-SPIDER-MAN/Page1.html


Spider-man is turning into Twilight. One of the over-arching stories is a love... er, square, between Gwen, MJ, Peter and Flash Thompson.


Awesome.

It could still be good. My main issue is that it sounds like they're telling the origin story again. They should be able to find a way to explain his origin without starting right at the beginning.
Title: Spider-Man 4 Cancelled, Series Reboot coming 2012
Post by: FLOUNDERMAN_CLOCK on January 20, 2010, 01:06:25 PM
Quote from: KaijuClock;1719395Some of this sounds awesome while other parts make me pissed off :(

And its produced by M Night Shamwow
Title: Spider-Man 4 Cancelled, Series Reboot coming 2012
Post by: Poltergeist on January 25, 2010, 12:59:41 AM
Oh how right I was, OH HOW RIGHT I WAS:

http://www.reelzchannel.com/movie-news/3028/robert-pattinson-replaces-tobey-maguire-in-spider-man-4
Title: Spider-Man 4 Cancelled, Series Reboot coming 2012
Post by: PirateClock on January 25, 2010, 07:06:59 AM
Quote from: Clay Puffington;1721558Oh how right I was, OH HOW RIGHT I WAS:

http://www.reelzchannel.com/movie-news/3028/robert-pattinson-replaces-tobey-maguire-in-spider-man-4

:suicide:
Title: Spider-Man 4 Cancelled, Series Reboot coming 2012
Post by: BunnyClock on January 25, 2010, 09:00:56 AM
Quote from: Clay Puffington;1721558Oh how right I was, OH HOW RIGHT I WAS:

http://www.reelzchannel.com/movie-news/3028/robert-pattinson-replaces-tobey-maguire-in-spider-man-4

I don't believe it lol
Title: Spider-Man 4 Cancelled, Series Reboot coming 2012
Post by: EtchASketchClock on January 25, 2010, 03:39:03 PM
Quote from: Clay Puffington;1721558Oh how right I was, OH HOW RIGHT I WAS:

http://www.reelzchannel.com/movie-news/3028/robert-pattinson-replaces-tobey-maguire-in-spider-man-4
Title: Spider-Man 4 Cancelled, Series Reboot coming 2012
Post by: Munglai on January 25, 2010, 07:22:01 PM
Quote from: Clay Puffington;1721558Oh how right I was, OH HOW RIGHT I WAS:

http://www.reelzchannel.com/movie-news/3028/robert-pattinson-replaces-tobey-maguire-in-spider-man-4

Are you trying to trick us? because that's clearly an April Fool's joke from last year.
Title: Spider-Man 4 Cancelled, Series Reboot coming 2012
Post by: Poltergeist on January 26, 2010, 01:12:01 AM
Party pooper.
Title: Spider-Man 4 Cancelled, Series Reboot coming 2012
Post by: Poltergeist on January 27, 2010, 03:11:51 PM
Related News:

http://www.slashfilm.com/2010/01/27/kevin-feige-confirms-line-up-for-the-avengers/


"And the hulk" makes me think that Hulk will either be a villain, side-story or just have a small role. So we can assume the three Avengers will be Iron Man, Wolverine and... spider-Man?
Title: Spider-Man 4 Cancelled, Series Reboot coming 2012
Post by: PirateClock on January 27, 2010, 03:23:51 PM
Quote from: Clay Puffington;1722563Related News:

http://www.slashfilm.com/2010/01/27/kevin-feige-confirms-line-up-for-the-avengers/


"And the hulk" makes me think that Hulk will either be a villain, side-story or just have a small role. So we can assume the three Avengers will be Iron Man, Wolverine and... spider-Man?

With your track record i can't tell if you're joking of if you are a complete retard.  The 3 Avengers will most likely be Thor, Iron Man and Cap America. Meaning they will skip Ant-man and Wasp (Boooo!). Hulk and Loki will most likely be villains like they where in the original Avengers comic (you know, the one Cap isn't in..)  in which Loki manipulates the Hulk to attack the Avengers, later the Hulk becomes an Avenger himself.
Title: Spider-Man 4 Cancelled, Series Reboot coming 2012
Post by: Poltergeist on January 27, 2010, 04:34:56 PM
Quote from: Phil Ken Sebben;1722566With your track record i can't tell if you're joking of if you are a complete retard.  The 3 Avengers will most likely be Thor, Iron Man and Cap America. Meaning they will skip Ant-man and Wasp (Boooo!). Hulk and Loki will most likely be villains like they where in the original Avengers comic (you know, the one Cap isn't in..)  in which Loki manipulates the Hulk to attack the Avengers, later the Hulk becomes an Avenger himself.

Read the article tard.

Quote…its three people, four including Hulk , five including Nick Fury - who you have seen before in other movies, coming together for the very first time.

Read more: Kevin Feige Confirms Line-Up For The Avengers | /Film http://www.slashfilm.com/2010/01/27/kevin-feige-confirms-line-up-for-the-avengers/#ixzz0dqp6uiS7

I doubt he's talking about animated movies.
Title: Spider-Man 4 Cancelled, Series Reboot coming 2012
Post by: PirateClock on January 27, 2010, 04:51:51 PM
Quote from: Clay Puffington;1722584Read the article tard.



I doubt he's talking about animated movies.

Thor is being released next year, Captain America the year after that. Both before the Avenger movie.  Suggesting they'd use Spider-man and Wolverine was even dumber because both didn't join the Avengers till like the 90's, not to mention the rights to Spider-man, Iron man and Wolverine are in the hands of 3 separate studios. While the rights to Thor, Cap and Iron Man are all owned by the same studio, these 3 are coincidently also 3 of the original Avengers. Also in the fucking article YOU linked it says:
"The blending issue I’m most worried about is just how Thor, essentially a pseudo-science padded retelling of Norse Myth, will mesh with the relatively grounded Iron Man"  

and
"I’m still half-expecting the Avengers movie to be canned in favour of an Iron Man 3, though I suppose Thor or Captain America would have to tank miserably to bring that about and I’m not expecting they will."

Thor and Cap are even in the fucking image above the article jesus christ.


Tard.
Title: Spider-Man 4 Cancelled, Series Reboot coming 2012
Post by: Munglai on January 27, 2010, 11:50:33 PM
nigga this shit be hilarious
Title: Spider-Man 4 Cancelled, Series Reboot coming 2012
Post by: Poltergeist on January 28, 2010, 01:39:09 AM
Quote from: Phil Sen Kitten;1722594Thor is being released next year, Captain America the year after that. Both before the Avenger movie.  Suggesting they'd use Spider-man and Wolverine was even dumber because both didn't join the Avengers till like the 90's, not to mention the rights to Spider-man, Iron man and Wolverine are in the hands of 3 separate studios. While the rights to Thor, Cap and Iron Man are all owned by the same studio, these 3 are coincidently also 3 of the original Avengers. Also in the fucking article YOU linked it says:
"The blending issue I’m most worried about is just how Thor, essentially a pseudo-science padded retelling of Norse Myth, will mesh with the relatively grounded Iron Man"  

and
"I’m still half-expecting the Avengers movie to be canned in favour of an Iron Man 3, though I suppose Thor or Captain America would have to tank miserably to bring that about and I’m not expecting they will."

Thor and Cap are even in the fucking image above the article jesus christ.


Tard.

Well, I'm still a little thrown off by the fact he said "who you have seen before" instead of "who you will see". Marvel wouldn't exactly be taking a risky move if they use their three most popular movie characters as of late, either.

and I don't think Marvel actually gives a fuck about continuity or staying true to the original series. They can make whatever movie they want and if it has marvel characters in it they'll still make millions. Why not just cram in all their most popular recent characters? And I wouldn't put it past Marvel to leave Thor out of Avengers all together if his movie doesn't sell well enough, because even if they lose their ENTIRE nerd/fanboy audience, they'll still make enough money to at least warrant the films production.
Title: Spider-Man 4 Cancelled, Series Reboot coming 2012
Post by: FileCabinetClock on January 28, 2010, 01:44:29 AM
i think that the spiderman reboot should take place in gotham city and spiderman wears a batman costume and is named bruce wayne played by michael keaton and then jack nicholson shows up as the joker
Title: Spider-Man 4 Cancelled, Series Reboot coming 2012
Post by: Munglai on January 28, 2010, 04:03:07 AM
Quote from: Clay Puffington;1722821Well, I'm still a little thrown off by the fact he said "who you have seen before" instead of "who you will see". Marvel wouldn't exactly be taking a risky move if they use their three most popular movie characters as of late, either.

and I don't think Marvel actually gives a fuck about continuity or staying true to the original series. They can make whatever movie they want and if it has marvel characters in it they'll still make millions. Why not just cram in all their most popular recent characters? And I wouldn't put it past Marvel to leave Thor out of Avengers all together if his movie doesn't sell well enough, because even if they lose their ENTIRE nerd/fanboy audience, they'll still make enough money to at least warrant the films production.

I think they do. The two superhero movies actually made by Marvel have been considerably better than all the others, mostly due to them sampling good bits of personality from the comics instead of giving every character a standard action film personality.
Title: Spider-Man 4 Cancelled, Series Reboot coming 2012
Post by: PirateClock on January 28, 2010, 05:24:55 AM
How are we even discussing this? I'm fairly sure it's a goddamn fact that Thor, Cap and Iron Man will be in the Avengers movie. It was the whole point of giving them all separate movies first. Hell Cap's movie is even called CAPTAIN AMERICA: THE FIRST AVENGER.
Title: Spider-Man 4 Cancelled, Series Reboot coming 2012
Post by: Asshatclock on January 28, 2010, 08:17:55 AM
Quote from: Phil Sen Kitten;1722861How are we even discussing this? I'm fairly sure it's a goddamn fact that Thor, Cap and Iron Man will be in the Avengers movie. It was the whole point of giving them all separate movies first. Hell Cap's movie is even called CAPTAIN AMERICA: THE FIRST AVENGER.

ITT: Pirateclock comic book trivia king
Title: Spider-Man 4 Cancelled, Series Reboot coming 2012
Post by: Mashed Potato Johnson on January 28, 2010, 08:21:43 AM
Quote from: Phil Sen Kitten;1722861How are we even discussing this? I'm fairly sure it's a goddamn fact that Thor, Cap and Iron Man will be in the Avengers movie. It was the whole point of giving them all separate movies first. Hell Cap's movie is even called CAPTAIN AMERICA: THE FIRST AVENGER.

whatever nerd