http://www.livestream.com/globalrevolution
REOVLUTION BITCHS
No but seriously what do you guys think of this? I think it's pretty incredible, and I can agree with what they are trying do.
Decrease military spending, increase spending on education, create more homeless shelters, and prompt the rich corporations to become conscientiousness of people who don't want to be fucked over.
The people here are A. kids who have are unable to pay for their school and are confused and dont know what else to do B. people who have lost jobs or have parents that lost jobs and are confused and don't know what to do C. anti-war protestors or otherwise people who wish for a more peaceful world who are confused and don't know what else to do D. people who are pissed off about the priorities that the american government and economic system have in place and believe that a much, much better system based on giving and abundance can be put into action, rather than supply and demand's need to have little of something.
what are they trying do?
Quote from: Slurpee;1862728what are they trying do?
feel like they are part of something by not leaving their computers.
Decrease military spending, increase spending on education, create more homeless shelters, and prompt the rich corporations to become conscientiousness of people who don't want to be fucked over.
The people here are A. kids who have are unable to pay for their school and are confused and dont know what else to do B. people who have lost jobs or have parents that lost jobs and are confused and don't know what to do C. anti-war protestors or otherwise people who wish for a more peaceful world who are confused and don't know what else to do D. people who are pissed off about the priorities that the american government and economic system have in place and believe that a much, much better system based on giving and abundance can be put into action, rather than supply and demand's need to have little of something.
Quote from: Buttplug;1862737feel like they are part of something by not leaving their computers.
No no, they ARE leaving their computers, at least 10,000 people are protesting in New York.
"PEOPLE WHO PROFIT FROM THE SUFFERINGS OF OTHERS ARE IMMORAL!" says his tshirt made of materials picked by underpaid workers and assembled by underpaid workers.
Lol, well, thats in the mean time, ya know. It's also pretty non-important, and finally, how would you know?
I think it's hilarious how they have no central goal and are just walking around with signs that say eat the rich and shit like that. The whole 99% thing is a huge pity party. Like on reddit the one girl had a note saying her degree doesn't have any jobs she's in the 99% blah blah. How bout pick a degree that has jobs in it idk?
How do you get the art major of your porch?
Pay for the pizza.
Quote from: AMPEEEM;1862740Decrease military spending, increase spending on education, create more homeless shelters, and prompt the rich corporations to become conscientiousness of people who don't want to be fucked over.
The people here are A. kids who have are unable to pay for their school and are confused and dont know what else to do B. people who have lost jobs or have parents that lost jobs and are confused and don't know what to do C. anti-war protestors or otherwise people who wish for a more peaceful world who are confused and don't know what else to do D. people who are pissed off about the priorities that the american government and economic system have in place and believe that a much, much better system based on giving and abundance can be put into action, rather than supply and demand's need to have little of something.
you should put that in the op
otherwise this thread is going to be kind of directionless
yeah, actually, the amount of people in America that struggle through college only to have to keep on struggling all their life, isn't a sign of a system that works. Any generation of people that are living in hardships shows the signs of a system that supports hardships and struggle. And yeah, maybe they're not very clear about what they want, but they know there is something more than can be done to help the homeless and the suffering and the struggling.
Their bullet points aside, it's really nothing more than a lot of people who want to feel connected, and if that's something to be snarky about, then so be it.
(https://clockcrew.net/talk/proxy.php?request=http%3A%2F%2Fi.imgur.com%2FqxqBu.jpg&hash=b942e60838813721926fcde770045b8a0b58ccaf)
^ charming.
Patriot: although I agree that most of these people look pretty I'm a edgy teen and don't deserve any sympathy, I think you're assuming that everyone goes to higher education for the same reason you do.
gonna take a wild guess and say patriot didn't make that
probably a reddit repost
Quote from: Slurpee;1862773gonna take a wild guess and say patriot didn't make that
probably a reddit repost
obviously
It doesn't make sense, it doesn't matter if a person made a mistake in their life, we need a system of government that supports the idea that there isn't enough for everyone, because there is. The corporations make it so that there is not enough for everyone.
He went to Art School, that is what he wanted to do with his life. So he is an idiot and deserves to toil at a dead end job? Not really.
So she wasn't an almost valedictorian because she herself in high school didn't care about school. So she is then a person who deserves to be in debt all her life, afraid to fall sick because she might have to sell her house?
I don't fully believe that everything is handed to you on a silver platter and that without hard work you can have whatever you want; But currently we have nothing in life, or rather, in America that is a right, besides a freedom of speech, and the privelages are to eat, enjoy ourselves, and a higher education, which makes no sense to me.
It's easy to look down upon those who we perceive as less clever than other people, and that survival of the fittest applies to everyone and everything, but it's not true. Life is a privelage, but it is a right, as well, and there are aspects which we do not have a right to.
Here's my copy pasta to rebuttle yours.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2gRAszcUx-M
Quote from: PatriotClock;1862774obviously
because you're not that talented, imaginative, perceptive or articulate?
rhetorical question the answer is yes.
Quote from: Slurpee;1862777because you're not that talented, imaginative, perceptive or articulate?
rhetorical question the answer is yes.
or have the time to break down every one of those letters.
my favorite
this thread
Quote from: RibsClock;1862785you're unfair and entitled no you are no you are no you are no you are I'm so hungry
yeah, really, I think the point of the marches
really is togetherness. There are people in the march who want only to show support for the philosphy of community, and the idea that the government will move and change shape quickly when people are acting, rather than debating, and that when we all learn to live a life of sharing and helping each other, that's whats good.
I don't want to get down on people who are elitists, because that very well makes me an elitist, or bash on people who are always ready to question and tear down people who never want to push the status quo, because that makes me a person who has become indignant myself, I purely think that people need to accept the wholeness of the human race and sharing and supporting each other become happy in a societal matter is what is really important, and that helping each other is all that really matters, and showing support for the love of humanity. That's what strikes me tender the most out of this whole thing, and you can call them dumb hipster fucks or naive, but love and shit is where its at. It's out of that basis that they are pushing for reform and help, maybe NOT from the government, but from their fellow citizen, and only out of "the goodness of our heart" which is something we've come to expect to be rare and show only in dire situations, but the goodness of our heart is something we all can naturally show everyday.
ughhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
let's all argue and make some more blanket statements about the purpose of humanity and higher learning
ITT patriot is still mad about being rejected from art school.
It's just a group for people who made really poor financial and life decisions and are too lazy/stupid to fix it, so they want to blame somebody else.
If you spend years going to school for something you know is useless you're not allowed to complain when, surprise surprise, it's useless. How about getting a useful degree like a nurse, or getting a job without a degree?
Also, take a look at this list of their demands. They're all over the place and make no fucking since
http://occupywallst.org/forum/proposed-list-of-demands-for-occupy-wall-st-moveme/
Let me point out some of the more outlandish:
Demand four: Free collage education
They basically want to pass the burden of their POINTLESS and WORTHLESS education onto all of america. I don't want to pay for these assholes to get 10 year degree on underwater basket weaving. There are already a plethora of ways to get free collage if you're worth investing in and getting a degree in something useful.
Demand six and seven: Arbitrary amount of money to fix problems, without any specific goals. Why not list an amount of square yards of forest to replant instead of just telling the government to throw money at a problem?
Demand seven: decommissioning of all of America's nuclear power plants.
This one. This one really fucking pisses me off. Nuclear power is the safest (http://www.ehow.com/about_6762161_safest-energy-source_.html)form of energy available in the world, and is very cheap and is effectively an endless supply of energy. What these brainless hippies don't realize is that even including every nuclear disaster that has occurred nuclear power is still ten times safer (http://nextbigfuture.com/2011/03/deaths-per-twh-by-energy-source.html) than even wind power. There's no good reason to shut down nuclear plants.
Demand eight: Racial and gender equal rights amendment.
What does this have to do with wall street? Also racial and gender equality are already guaranteed so it's pointless.
Demand nine: Open borders migration. anyone can travel anywhere to work and live.
Why? All that's going to happen is that there will be LESS jobs because people from India and Mexico are going to swoop in and take your shitty jobs. Also has nothing to do with financial differences.
Demand eleven: Immediate across the board debt forgiveness for all. Debt forgiveness of sovereign debt, commercial loans, home mortgages, home equity loans, credit card debt, student loans and personal loans now! All debt must be stricken from the "Books." World Bank Loans to all Nations, Bank to Bank Debt and all Bonds and Margin Call Debt in the stock market including all Derivatives or Credit Default Swaps, all 65 trillion dollars of them must also be stricken from the "Books." And I don't mean debt that is in default, I mean all debt on the entire planet period.
What the fuck are these people high on? Do they realize how moronic this is? America will completely lose all credit, banks will go bankrupt, and the economy will spiral into collapse. This is perhaps the single most ridiculousness and poorly thought out ideas that's actually supported by a real group of people that I've ever seen. It's basically just "give us a bunch of money" as a demand. What the fuck.
Demand twelve: Outlaw all credit reporting agencies.
Oh, so you want to be able to be an untrustworthy money stealing bastard, but nobody is allowed to know about it? How about not stealing money from people who loan to you in good faith instead?
Some of these are okay, but some of them make me really really hate this whole thing
sooooooooooooo whats your favorite potato chip?
I kinda like munchos.
Quote from: AbsintheClock;1862898I kinda like munchos.
not bad, not bad at all
Quote from: RibsClock;1862906alright no you don't get to do this with every thread
'specially General threads
omg stop oppressing us
Quote from: RibsClock;1862906alright no you don't get to do this with every thread
'specially General threads
(https://clockcrew.net/talk/proxy.php?request=http%3A%2F%2Fi.imgur.com%2FBFZD3.gif&hash=9daee1290f626b8f648ce45e440a279db9f4998b)
everyone meet up in clocktopia for a mass protest against corsegrinder.
wear masks
If you cant pay for it with hard work or your parents money then you dont deserve to be educated. I hate the idea of scholarships, they're just handouts to people who should just be getting into a trade. Actually, I think we could save a lot of money and get ourselves out of debt if we just got rid of the government funded public school system altogether. If parents want their kids to be educated so much then they wont mind sending them to private christian schools.
cant we just put all these people on an uncharted island somewhere!!! UGHHH
Quote from: K3LTR0N;1862948cant we just put all these kittens in mittens UGHHH
Quote from: Thor;1862882things
Yeah I agree with pretty much everything in this post.
If they want to be taken seriously they need to figure out what the hell they're trying to get done and focus on that, rather than do a million arbitrary and some downright uneducated and naive things.
Quote from: Topcatyo;1862953Yeah I agree with pretty much everything in this post.
If they want to be taken seriously they need to figure out what the hell they're trying to get done and focus on that, rather than do a million arbitrary and some downright uneducated and naive things.
Yeeeaaah, I mean, I do agree that the nuclear thing is silly, I had no idea they had written on that on their demands. I mean, damn.
hahaha these are hilarious
i value uselessness
i am the 99%
I have a Bachelors of Science in Computer Science
I went to a decent school
I'm paying loans
I have a job
I don't have a job in the CS field
Because I'm lazy and got drunk and drove cars drunk too many times for me to spend time looking for a real job
Do I blame the government? No.
I blame me
I'm the 1% of "faggot hippy college grads" who doesn't blame everybody else.
I was born the heir of a multi-billion dollar corporation.
I got everything I wanted as a kid.
I have a butler do all my chores for me.
I live in a secure and luxurious mansion while everyone else in this city may as well be living in a gutter.
I bought a custom jet, car and various other expensive things shaped in my own image.
I spend my nights cruising around, beating the shit out of people less fortunate than me.
I watched my parents get gunned down in a filthy alley outside a movie theater.
I am the Bat.
I was born in the cold waters of the arctic seas.
Soon I grew from a small child to a big and fat adult.
I had to learn how to hunt, build a shelter and make love all by myself.
I eat shrimp, crabs, sea cucumbers and other mollusks.
I had to learn how to run away from poachers who come in search of my ivory and blubber.
I am the walrus.
Coo-coo-cachoo.
Quote from: DiscoBallClock;1863064I was born in the cold waters of the arctic seas.
Soon I grew from a small child to a big and fat adult.
I had to learn how to hunt, build a shelter and make love all by myself.
I eat shrimp, crabs, sea cucumbers and other mollusks.
I had to learn how to run away from poachers who come in search of my ivory and blubber.
I am the walrus.
Coo-coo-cachoo.
I never knew Paul McCartney had such a hard life
ITT: inhabitants of the U.S.A. talking about debt.
L!OLO!L!O!LOLOLOLOL!O!!!11111
Quote from: wavy gravy;1863061Having said that, I don't like to call things like an art degree 'useless' simply because you can't get straight into a decent job with it. To me, it seems more useless to pursue a degree just because it will give you good financial prospects, rather than doing something more personally rewarding. There are millions of unhappy and overstressed people out there who chose financial stability over what they truly wanted out of life.
see i dont get those people. in fact i hate those people
money = bitches = happiness
Quote from: Soup Clock;1863054I have a Bachelors of Science in Computer Science
I went to a decent school
I'm paying loans
I have a job
I don't have a job in the CS field
Because I'm lazy and got drunk and drove cars drunk too many times for me to spend time looking for a real job
Do I blame the government? No.
I blame me
I'm the 1% of "faggot hippy college grads" who doesn't blame everybody else.
SoupClock Bsc.
Sounds good, i think we should use official titles like these in the clockcrew.
Quote from: RibsClock;1863069lol no
uhh then
men = happiness?
w/e floats your boat mister
Quote from: RibsClock;1863085bitches of either gender, no
bitches aint shit but hoes and tricks
you know what i mean idiot
college is pretty expensive in the usa L O L
They're going about this all wrong. If they wanted to actually do something, they'd stage an actual occupation and sabotage the generators that power the office buildings, or at least cut off their Internet connections. If they're afraid to go to prison, this isn't going to work for them. I mean, they're going to end up in prison anyway when the police plant undercover operatives and start throwing bombs around. Posting some sob story on the Internet about how you can't pay your tuition doesn't get anything done and makes you look weak.
This protest is pathetic and everyone involved should be ashamed.
Quote from: SpongeClock SquarePants;1863066ITT: inhabitants of the U.S.A. talking about debt.
L!OLO!L!O!LOLOLOLOL!O!!!11111
how's dat tu quoque treating ya
Fuck school Ima be a dope dealer, ima be a killa yep an urban guerrilla
I'mma sell out and be a family movie actor
Quote from: RibsClock;1863088I don't know which wrong thing you mean but I'm pretty sure it's wrong
ribs playing dumb or is dumb
again not sure at all
betting on latter
Quote from: Silly Putty Clock;1863108They're going about this all wrong. If they wanted to actually do something, they'd stage an actual occupation and sabotage the generators that power the office buildings, or at least cut off their Internet connections..
no because that won't garner them sympathy form the other idiots, and would harsh their circlejerk high
I do recognize the corruption and I oppose corporations possessing the liberties of a person but most of their
demands' are fucking stupid
Quote from: Buttplug;1863271no because that won't garner them sympathy form the other idiots, and would harsh their circlejerk high
I do recognize the corruption and I oppose corporations possessing the liberties of a person but most of their
demands' are fucking stupid
Well, that's the other thing, too. They don't have focus. Instead of "do something about the horrible corporate elite or we will WRECK YOUR SHIT", they're somehow asking the government to shut down nuclear power plants and pay their tuition. I miss back in the sixties when the protests actually had a coherent message. "Fuck the war." Three words. All you need.
Today my university has a walkout relating to the OWS protests.
Why would you walk out of a class you paid for yourself
Quote from: Buttplug;1863951Today my university has a walkout relating to the OWS protests.
Why would you walk out of a class you paid for yourself
Did you tell your teacher to shut the fuck up and teach the damn class you paid money for?
Quote from: Buttplug;1863951Today my university has a walkout relating to the OWS protests.
Why would you walk out of a class you paid for yourself
Because they're stupid and don't understand that walking out of classes they already paid for doesn't accomplish anything but hurt themselves. The college doesn't care if you show up or not if they're getting money.
Quote from: CadillacClock;1863920the message is lost under the ever swaying direction and mentality of their supporters. for every serious protester there's a teenager running around in a guy fawkes mask or worse an adult abe lincoln/george washington costume.

even their unofficial official website fails to grasp a single unified message. the entire protest has become a display of the peoples inability to define themselves under a single (compromised) message.
http://occupywallst.org/forum/proposed-list-of-demands-for-occupy-wall-st-moveme/
a bunch of poorly written demands
Here are my thoughts and responses to their demands.
1. While I'm all for removing free trade systems like NAFTA, the problem is that we will risk trade wars as our trading partners increase tariffs on our goods.
2. If we raise min. wage to $20, inflation will spike and you better be ready for the prices of everything else to go up proportionately.
3. It already exists and it pays enough to live on. The problem is they want to be rewarded for nothing by being paid enough for them to have all their desires met. A big screen TV in every room, a new car in every driveway, etc.
4. There is no free meal, somebody has to pay for it. As long as everybody understands that their taxes will go up, sure go ahead and make it free. Not that it matters to me, I'm a few years out of college, so it wouldn't affect me anyways.
5. I would be ok with getting rid of fossil fuels, if an equally cost effective alternative existed; however, at this point, nothing exists, other than nuclear. That demand is waiting on the science.
6. Should have been done to begin with. I like Ron Paul's idea to cut the wasteful military spending and put it into infrastructure like roads and bridges.
7. Grew up using nuclear power and living near major wetlands. We never had any problems.
8. The civil rights act already does that (without it being an amendment to the Constitution).
9. Today's geopolitical climate doesn't allow that. Open borders (esp. with Mexico) are unsafe. Instead, I would propose major increases in the number of and ease to aquire work and travel visas.
10. Those standards are set that way because most countries *cough*Africa*cough* don't have the funding for anything beyond a paper ballot, which is slow and tedious to count.
11. Easiest way to destroy the world economy in one swift blow.
12. Enjoy not being able to get a loan without a major percentage of money as a down payment.
Edit: Forgot one of them:
13. Allowing union creation is the easiest way around to get a business to close. Simply because it is easier to shut down and start a new company than comply with union thugs.
The majority of these people are folks who don't have an ounce of sense. I'd be willing to bet many of these protesters haven't had a job in their life, outside of "going to class". Maybe they should work on how to implement their plans rather than just making a bunch of demands. At least with the Tea Party bunch (which might I add, are the original Tea Party in name only), they'll recommend ideas on how to implement their demands and do it without vandalizing property.
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2046586/Occupy-Wall-Street-Shocking-photos-protester-defecating-POLICE-CAR.html