News:

If you need instructions on how to get through the hotels, check out the enclosed instruction book.

Main Menu

PSA: Audio and Jpeg Quality

Farted by Biblo, August 16, 2013, 08:06:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Biblo

Hey guys!

We all love putting images in our Flash! And we all love putting audio in our Flash!

Here's a small thing to do to make your Flash immediately stand out from the traaaash.

Go to file and click this bad-boy:

You will see this:

Pay special attention to these:

All you need to do is max these fuckers out to have sexy crisp audio and sexy clear images.

EXAMPLES:

If someone could show me how to make the swf embedding work or just do it for me that'd be good right here...

Default settings

Maxed out settings

The difference matters!

And ya, it loads a little slower but we're all friends here right?

Corporal Clock

you asshole

you FUCKING asshole

you are KILLING NEWGROUNDS

with all these oversized SHIT cartoons

i report you to wade fulp he will find you and fuck you

i r l

EvilBeanClock

i watched the first one and then the second one and honestly didn't notice the difference, maybe if they were side by side

FLOUNDERMAN_CLOCK

I already do that. I prefer my SWFs to be unreasonably large. If I want an image to look low quailty I just do that in photoshop.I rub it raw with jpeg scum and filters and then the final is a big ass PNG.

miracle fruit

i do the sound thing all the time  but idgaf about jpeg quality

joliet_jane

I start with an original huge-ass PNG, and then make a new JPEG from it. I'll try it more than once until I find the sweet spot between quality and size. Sometimes Flash will have a stroke if your image is too big.

My Clock Day 2013 cartoon has a part where I tween and tint and image with a blur effect on it. At first it was working badly and was so slow I could barely even work in Flash. So I had to make a new crop of the original image with blur already applied to it, saved as a JPEG. Then it works much better.

AbsintheClock

pop-tart

Quote from: MiracleFruitClock;1957540i do the sound thing all the time  but idgaf about jpeg quality

:this:

Sound quality makes a big difference. But file size goes up obviously.

Biblo

Quote from: joliet_jane;1957545Sometimes Flash will have a stroke if your image is too big.

There is that yes.

As someone who regularly has to pull backgrounds (ones designed for HD) into flash files to justify my colour choices, I have had A LOT of experiences with that particular quirk...

AnkhClock

I've had audio fuck up on me at times when I've made the quality too high. No idea why that happens but well that's my story.

PhantomCatClock

Quote from: AnkhClock;1957592I've had audio fuck up on me at times when I've made the quality too high. No idea why that happens but well that's my story.

It's something about the bitrate you used conflicting with the bitrate you chose (and it doesn't help that you can get one that's divisible by every bitrate Flash offers). There's a list of what you shouldn't use somewhere out there but if you're compressing it in your sound editing program anyway you can just set it to the raw whatever mode