News:

If you need instructions on how to get through the hotels, check out the enclosed instruction book.

Main Menu

Windows 10

Farted by Slash, June 28, 2016, 03:48:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Slash

Currently I'm running windows 8 which is garbage anyway.
So I'm thinking I might as well upgrade to 10 since apparently the free upgrade thing stops next month.
So my question is should I upgrade to Windows 10, or rather is there any good reason not to.

PhantomCatClock

according to memes you can't make it a month without getting updated anyway

PhonographClock

It's basically just Windows 7 in finer clothing. The start menu is just a smaller version of the one windows 8 uses. Load of bullshit I don't think anyone uses. But at least it's an actual start menu this time.

RobClock

I switched from 7 to 10 and 10 has a million little irritating things. Most egregiously, the start bar is terrible. All these giant "live panels" which are essentially adverts for Netflix and Xbox and shit that you have to disable one-by-one before you can collapse the start bar to the size in previous windows iterations, and then the only way to pin items to your start bar is via the big stupid panel expansion.

and then youve got these shitty marketplace programs and other pack-in stuff that you can not ever get rid of cluttering up your 'All Apps' list

I also despise the replacement of the word 'program' with 'app' because 'app' is loaded with the baggage of Apple's  'app store' and an expectation of micro transactions. And it just sounds shitty. So fuck that.

This is probably the most trivial thing I want to bitch about but they switched where the fucking power button is in the start bar and every time i go to turn off my fucking computer I click the wrong fucking thing and it pisses me off

RobClock

On the plus side, Flash Pro 8 launches flawlessly on Windows 10 whereas it would always kick Windows 7 down into a basic mode and remove the transparency from the taskbar at the bottom of the screen.

That's about it.

I'd stick with Windows 7 if I didn't strongly suspect Microsoft is going to can support for that OS within a month of ending the free upgrade to Windows 10 period.

BilliardBall10

Quote from: RobClock on June 28, 2016, 11:43:07 PM
shit that you have to disable one-by-one and then the only way to pin items to your start bar is via the big stupid panel expansion.

and then youve got these shitty marketplace programs

I also despise the replacement of the word 'program' with 'app'

And it just sounds shitty. So fuck that.

This is probably the most trivial thing I want to bitch about but they switched where the fucking power button is in the start bar and every time i go to turn off my fucking computer I click the wrong fucking thing and it pisses me off

rob, those are all good points and all, but have you considered taking some anger management lessons?
i mean, seriously dude. you are always swearing/yelling, or screaming profanities about (almost) everything, and (almost) everything pisses you off, even (seemingly?) trivial(?) stuff.

i dont think that all this anger and this hatred is good for you.
you should try to control your anger, and to become a more calm and happy person.
you have to see that you are a good, creative and artistic person, and that there's more in life than just being angry and hating everyone.

im just saying this with a good intention.
dont get angry again, mate.

k -i raise dragons. here we go -click HERE- i mean click the eggs -and the dragons, until they become  adults.

PhantomCatClock

Read the first sentence for ya. No reason to click 'show post anyway'

Slash

Windows 8 uses the same panels so it's still an improvement I can tell you that much.

BilliardBall10

windows 8 is ok though, so maybe windows 10 will be good as well?

k -i raise dragons. here we go -click HERE- i mean click the eggs -and the dragons, until they become  adults.

RobClock

Quote from: PhantomCatClock on June 30, 2016, 03:10:18 AM
Read the first sentence for ya. No reason to click 'show post anyway'

god bless

BilliardBall10

well, like it or not, you should learn how to control your anger issues, rob!
calm down, my good man.

also: windows 10 looks p. cool, if i believe what the trailer says (i dont)

PhantomCatClock

it's an appeal to read his earlier post

NintendrCkolc

I loved 7. I was a little weary switching to 10 but overall It's been a painless experience.

I'm not autistic enough to be bothered by such trivial things as listed above. After some cleaning and sprucing up it's a functional OS.