News:

If you need instructions on how to get through the hotels, check out the enclosed instruction book.

Main Menu

Got a somewhat old camera and a microphone?

Farted by StrangeClock, March 17, 2008, 06:11:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

StrangeClock

Thanks, Radiotube helped me out!

I'm in need of a fairly specific noise. On cameras from the 80s/early 90s abouts, the flash often had to charge up, and this was accompanied by a rising whine. This is the sound I'm looking for.

I found one sample on Sounddogs.com, but unfortunately it's really low quality, and that's very noticeable because the sound is so high-pitched. So if anyone has a camera like this, I would love you and give you secret kisses if you recorded it for me!

any similar sounding file of a high, rising whine would also be appreciated.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

DWARFINATORclock

super0sonic

I Live in my own little world, But it\'s OK, Everyone knows me here.

Fireman

those shitty one use cameras do it, it's very quiet but you might be able to get it from one of those.

Loki Clock

KinderEggClock

Oooohhh, I may have such a thing. I have this flash that has been above my cooker for ages. I'll try that later.

StrangeClock

Quote from: ZeitmiserZeitmesser;1256248Post the bad sound file for reference.

Direct linking might not work, but here.

I found it on Sounddogs by searching for "camera flash" and clicking "CAMERA, FLASH - ELECTRONIC FLASH: FLASH POP AND CHARGING WHINE".

Quote from: DWARFINATORclock;1255850Rip it from a movie that uses it?

I would, but I can't think of a movie that has it. Maybe a thriller with a crime scene that gets photographed... Se7en perhaps. I'd preferably have it completely without background sound though.

Maybe it's possibly to make it from scratch.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

LeekClock

The Ghostbusters proton packs make a similar noise when they are switched on
http://ie.youtube.com/watch?v=EpZrzPRPNCs

ToadClock

I used to have an 80s detachable flash to one of my cameras... several years ago.

I knew I shouldn't have gotten rid of it. I always do this and then a need comes up later.

FrankClock

Are you referring to the sound towards the end of the Texas Chainsaw Massacre Trailer when they start running. Around 1:17 in?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iMiYjJqx8m0
StrawberryClock once wrote, the portal is a fine place and worth fighting for. I agree with the second part.

Quotefudgefalcon (6:19:59 PM): I got elected student body president for this year
InvisibleImagery (6:20:30 PM): haha
fudgefalcon (6:21:31 PM): I just bashed the previous president and talked about how shitty the school year was
InvisibleImagery (6:21:52 PM): oh you pulled an Obama

StrangeClock

That's not quite it. But Radiotube's sent me some recordings, thanks!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

GodClock

also sounds like when you power on the night vision goggles in css
Sw@g
Quote from: Kodiakclock;1893997godclock probably now that I think about it. We could bro it out he could learn me how to surf and then we cruise bro our way out of there into brosville

AlbinoClock

I have an old-ass 80s camcorder. I should try hooking it up to one of my computers.

TequilaClock

Quote from: LeekClock;1256282The Ghostbusters proton packs make a similar noise when they are switched on
http://ie.youtube.com/watch?v=EpZrzPRPNCs
I think joliet_jane would love this as birthday present.