News:

If you need instructions on how to get through the hotels, check out the enclosed instruction book.

Main Menu

Big project getting started

Farted by INoodleClock, April 01, 2008, 08:38:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

INoodleClock

Greetings on and all. Working on story-boards now for my next project and need some help with the visuals.

This is going to be a puzzle based point-and-click (think Monkey Island/Loom), set around the Templars, so loads of traps and ancident scripts to work out. Snakes, and dead things, spikes in the floor.. the place you might well bump into Indy or Lara.

Anywho, the look I'm going for is something new to me. Please roll your eyes to bellow:

This is from a game called 'Synapsis', these kind of visuals for each screen are what I am after. How do you suppose I go about this in Photoshop? My work is always pencil, Flash, needles or paint - so PS to make whole realistic visuals is new to me.

If anyone can send some resources, ideas; anything really it'd be really appreciated.

Once I'm content with this, the rest will flow easy enough - there will probably be calls for voice actings, Beta testers, help with coding/music/etc. so keep ears open.

Thank you for your time.

Munglai

Have you played Broken Sword? It's a Monkey Island style game set around the templars. I just thought you might like to know!

As for how to make art like that in photoshop: Lots and lots of practice, my boy! There's not much more advice I can give than that.

frozennn

Thats 3D graphics, so you'll need some sort of 3d program. I'm not really into that though.
h

buttplug

Well I'm not so sure that photoshop would work as well as 3d art, because it would not be as crisp-looking. It could be done though. I will take you a while to get good enough to make scenes like the ones show, like Munglai said.
Quote from: Notoorjus;1269408Thats 3D graphics, so you'll need some sort of 3d program. I'm not really into that though.
He is on't going to use 3d art, he will create the scenes and objects in photoshop.

I just got an idea, maybe you could take real photos of areas and objects, and edit them in photoshop to make the scenes? It would be really cool I think.

ChocolateBarClock

yay a new sig
[flash]http://cyberstrike.net84.net/shoot%20ronald%20macdonald.swf width=300 height=200[/flash]
Quote from: Jack O\'Neil;1267362your uncle took a shit in your wii
Quote from: TimeBeast (IRC)
<Timebeast> i need help eating nuts

^pure unicode^

frozennn

Quote from: Pappy Drewitt;1269409He is on't going to use 3d art, he will create the scenes and objects in photoshop.
Well he'll need something to EDIT, if he's not going to draw.
h

ChocolateBarClock

Quote from: Notoorjus;1270143Well he'll need something to EDIT, if he's not going to draw.
Photoshop is not only for editing.
yay a new sig
[flash]http://cyberstrike.net84.net/shoot%20ronald%20macdonald.swf width=300 height=200[/flash]

^pure unicode^

buttplug

Quote from: ChocolateBarClock;1270266Photoshop is not only for editing.

ChocolateBarClock

I mean you can also draw and stuff. It's not just for red eye removal!!!
yay a new sig

^pure unicode^

buttplug

Quote from: ChocolateBarClock;1271166I mean you can also draw and stuff. Ok fine. It's for editing. sorry. For a 3D program use Blender or 3DS Max (If you have the moola/dinaro/dough/).

I was agreeing with you?

ChocolateBarClock

yay a new sig

^pure unicode^

Slash

My mom played that game some time ago and it seemed pretty fucking boring.

PirateClock

i think they used paint and wordart.
_pirate_butchcavities (20:29:15): FUCK CLOCKS _pirate_

PirateClock

Quote from: SlashClock;1271186My mom played it some time ago and it seemed pretty fucking boring.

point and click is always boring

RARRRR GRIM FANDAGO IS AWESOME RARRRRR
_pirate_butchcavities (20:29:15): FUCK CLOCKS _pirate_