News:

If you need instructions on how to get through the hotels, check out the enclosed instruction book.

Main Menu

My game update

Farted by INoodleClock, April 06, 2008, 02:49:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

INoodleClock

Everything's pretty much done, just adding captions when rolling over items. If anyone wants to do a voice-over for those let me know.

One issue with the scripting I am unsure of.

Example, there is an item you pick up - once picked up the game runs to 'scene two without item on floor' - unfortunately when there are more items and they can be picked up in any combination - how do you avoid making tons of scenes with various combinations of where you can and can't click and how the inventory looks?

Aside from touches this is all that is left, screenies bellow. Anyone want to Beta test when done?

Still basic before the final touches. All input for anything appreciated! :)

ChocolateBarClock

Looks nice. I would like to beta test if that's ok :).
yay a new sig
[flash]http://cyberstrike.net84.net/shoot%20ronald%20macdonald.swf width=300 height=200[/flash]
Quote from: Jack O\'Neil;1267362your uncle took a shit in your wii
Quote from: TimeBeast (IRC)
<Timebeast> i need help eating nuts

^pure unicode^

AirPumpClock

If there's any way to export 3D with a transparent background, you can put in the objects as buttons separately (and preferably incorporate the same lighting and surrounding shadows so it doesn't look fake), and use ActionScript to place or remove them. Also, you'd have to make sure the cursor doesn't turn into the hand when you scroll over these objects in the scene.

Otherwise, pretty cool. Reminds me of Myst, but in a modern interior setting.

buttplug

Reminds me of the crimson room, my favorite flash game :)

I really want to play that.

INoodleClock

The way I've done it is simply Photoshop the item onto the background, so there's two images of the same thing. Also the 'inventory' at the bottom faces the same problem, there's going to have to be tons of scenes each depicting different layouts.

INoodleClock

*Rut, rut, rut*

The only way I can think to do it is to have the user HAVE to get each item in a certain order.. and without a plot or reason for that it would SUCK. Could someone post a brief Actionscript, something to give me the basic idea and to work from please.

INoodleClock

ChocolateBarClock

Well, you could create variables for each object. ie: on a object (button) you would do this:

on(press)
{
      _root.gotKey = True;
     //then unload the movieclip (I don't know how)
}
yay a new sig
[flash]http://cyberstrike.net84.net/shoot%20ronald%20macdonald.swf width=300 height=200[/flash]
Quote from: Jack O\'Neil;1267362your uncle took a shit in your wii
Quote from: TimeBeast (IRC)
<Timebeast> i need help eating nuts

^pure unicode^

buttplug

Ok I don't know anything about actionscript so I have to give this to you in pseudo code. No guarentee it would work or is the most efficent way to do it.

I would declare a global variable for each object like this

int inventory_book=0
int inventory_note=0
int inventory_key=0
and so on

when they pick up the item, set the variable to 1 instead of 0, and when they use it or drop it, set it to 0 again.

I'll bet you tried this all ready and had a problem with it or something though?

Also, having a zillion different scenes with and without different items, I would have each object a different flash object, and just delete it off of the screen and put the picture in your inventory, at the same time setting its global variable to 1.

SpinningCubeClock

Actionscript is gay just use paint.
hello

John Deere Clock

Very Nice iMac, im actually using one now :D
Woah

AmberArachnidClock

Just make it so on every item
on(release){
unload clip;
itemininventory=true;
}

Just figure out what the code is for getting rid of it onscreen and make a code so that it appears in your inventory.