News:

If you need instructions on how to get through the hotels, check out the enclosed instruction book.

Main Menu

god get some new fucking staff and

Farted by LambdaClock, April 09, 2008, 09:16:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LuxenbergClock

Quote from: TreeClock;1279851valid points

alright thread over everyone get to work
QuoteBob awesome

AlbinoClock

That's a cop-out and you all know it. Sure, things would be better if people animated more, but you know when people animate the most? When we organize events and collabs, because it gets the community aspect going.

Our focus on flash doesn't mean we can't occasionally add something to the site. For the site of a flash animation community, this place has a distinct lack of flash animation. We could at least feature something biweekly or monthly, it's not like no one ever makes a movie, a few of us animate quite a lot. It's more than that though, the news post still says what's going on in March, on April 1st there were no admins on so our plan B couldn't be done. I mean, you guys say you can check on the forums once or twice a day, but that's not really all we need from administrators, we need people who are actively thinking about what they'd like to do to help the rest of the community make things entertaining and then actually doing that. If you guys don't really have time to take care of things you might want to consider getting help from someone who does have that kind of time. I know you say that supposedly no one has the skills, but it really isn't that hard to learn how to tweak config files and templates, install premade stuff, add awards and frontpage content, or do things like we might have liked to have done on the 1st. As long as any files being altered are backed up first, you can't really fuck it up.

Anyway, short of it I think we could use some active admins with time and the motivation to attempt to lead the community instead of telling the community to shut up and motivate themselves when they voice their concern.

Regardless of that I still love you guys. {{{}}}

Edit: We need a feature that makes threads tagged as flash automatically move to Incoming after 3 days or something so that they don't get lost in the bowels of general. Also I think we should give most users the ability to make their own threads NSFW and Flash.

EnglishClock

Maybe us clocks could do nifty flash-related things for the site so we see more flash stuff around since as Albino said there's not much flash things around !
 A small idea I just got is maybe people could make some kind of 'welcome to the clock crew' flashes to put on the front page of the site and each time you visit it randomly shows a different one. It could maybe make the front page look more welcoming and look more to do with flash and it might be a fun flash event to do and it may increase flash spirits or something I don't know just an idea!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Bigglesnoots

Albino's right, we need more efficient staff, whether 'tis new or old staff members.
Surely there are some competent members around, and surely the current staff can boost their output just a little!
Quote from: Zombie Lincoln;1601675Waiting around to die is the most socially acceptable method of suicide, and it always works.

coalclock

Quote from: ouıqןɐ;1280326That's a cop-out and you all know it. Sure, things would be better if people animated more, but you know when people animate the most? When we organize events and collabs, because it gets the community aspect going.

Our focus on flash doesn't mean we can't occasionally add something to the site. For the site of a flash animation community, this place has a distinct lack of flash animation. We could at least feature something biweekly or monthly, it's not like no one ever makes a movie, a few of us animate quite a lot. It's more than that though, the news post still says what's going on in March, on April 1st there were no admins on so our plan B couldn't be done. I mean, you guys say you can check on the forums once or twice a day, but that's not really all we need from administrators, we need people who are actively thinking about what they'd like to do to help the rest of the community make things entertaining and then actually doing that. If you guys don't really have time to take care of things you might want to consider getting help from someone who does have that kind of time. I know you say that supposedly no one has the skills, but it really isn't that hard to learn how to tweak config files and templates, install premade stuff, add awards and frontpage content, or do things like we might have liked to have done on the 1st. As long as any files being altered are backed up first, you can't really fuck it up.

Anyway, short of it I think we could use some active admins with time and the motivation to attempt to lead the community instead of telling the community to shut up and motivate themselves when they voice their concern.

Regardless of that I still love you guys. {{{}}}

Edit: We need a feature that makes threads tagged as flash automatically move to Incoming after 3 days or something so that they don't get lost in the bowels of general. Also I think we should give most users the ability to make their own threads NSFW and Flash.

I was going to post a long post about how this site doesn't need new stuff just someone to sort stuff out but this post sums up every point I was going to say, Thanks Albino you just saved me 15 mins.

FLOUNDERMAN_CLOCK

Quote from: ouıqןɐEdit: We need a feature that makes threads tagged as flash automatically move to Incoming after 3 days or something so that they don't get lost in the bowels of general. Also I think we should give most users the ability to make their own threads NSFW and Flash.
I'VE BEEN SAYING THIS FOR MONTHS AND NOBODY FUCKING LISTENS TO ME AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGGHGHASDHFD

BlackberryClock

Quote from: ouıqןɐ;1280326Edit: We need a feature that makes threads tagged as flash automatically move to Incoming after 3 days or something so that they don't get lost in the bowels of general. Also I think we should give most users the ability to make their own threads NSFW and Flash.

Your avatar makes every thread NSFW.

Also, I'd say I'll take the middle ground between Leek's post and Albino's. We don't need fancy features, but we do need to promote those Clock's who are making flash (because some still are!) to encourage them and others to contribute.

FLOUNDERMAN_CLOCK

Stop all work on other features, and make it so we have the ability to mark our own threads as flash, and those threads appear in the INCOMING forum at the same time. But it's not two separate threads, it's just two links to the same thread.

zl

Quote from: FlounderwomanClock;1280850Stop all work on other features, and make it so we have the ability to mark our own threads as flash, and those threads appear in the INCOMING forum at the same time. But it's not two separate threads, it's just two links to the same thread.

Do we need pineapple for this? I'm guessing so, because it seems like otherwise it would have been done already.

AlbinoClock

Quote from: BlackberryClock;1280849Your avatar makes every thread NSFW.

Also, I'd say I'll take the middle ground between Leek's post and Albino's. We don't need fancy features, but we do need to promote those Clock's who are making flash (because some still are!) to encourage them and others to contribute.

There is no nudity in my avatar!

Bigglesnoots

Quote from: ouıqןɐ;1281204There is no nudity in my avatar!
well there is, but the naughty parts are left out _poogle_
Quote from: Zombie Lincoln;1601675Waiting around to die is the most socially acceptable method of suicide, and it always works.

Slurpee

Honestly, it doesn't make it any safer to view at work.

BlackberryClock

Quote from: ouıqןɐ;1281204There is no nudity in my avatar!

I disagree. I have a hard time slacking off in class if I want to browse the BBS!

AlbinoClock

Ok ok, I'll make it something else.

BlackberryClock

Quote from: ouıqןɐ;1281549Ok ok, I'll make it something else.

haha, even though the other was attractive and all, this one is funny and also school safe. :thumbs:

AlbinoClock

Quote from: BlackberryClock;1281748haha, even though the other was attractive and all, this one is funny and also school safe. :thumbs:

She's a chimera! :o

Should I add peacock feathers?

BlackberryClock

Quote from: ouıqןɐ;1281766She's a chimera! :o

Should I add peacock feathers?

I think the albinism would bleach out the vibrant colors

AlbinoClock

Quote from: BlackberryClock;1281769I think the albinism would bleach out the vibrant colors

They're actually still pretty neat looking.

GingerbreadClockkkkkkkkkkkkkk

BreadfruitClock

Just going to throw my two cents in.
- Site Staff sucks. Hard. We have one active admin who is busy all of the time, Mods who will ban/cater based on personal reasons, and barely any new additions being added to the site. This won't change though, because guess who is in charge of constructing the staff? The staff!
- Community sucks. Hard. Clocks just don't want to make flash anymore, even to the point where it seems you are being more of a clock when posting on the forum then making a flash. The few clocks who DO make flash go unnoticed. The ability to tag your topic a flash topic is a great idea, i have not once got any flash topics of mine tagged, yet if a more popular member who has admin/mod connections makes a flash it is flash tagged in minutes and gets double/triple the views. Why make flash for a flash coumminty that doesn't respect you for making flash? I don't know about you, but i'm highly unmotivated.