News:

If you need instructions on how to get through the hotels, check out the enclosed instruction book.

Main Menu

Metal Gear online

Farted by ActionClock, April 15, 2008, 05:07:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ActionClock

Ok for the few american ps3 owners, you can sign up for the metal gear online beta here:

http://www.onlineregister.com/konami/mgops/

I say only american, cuz europe gets it without having to sign up, and getting chosen.

If you dont get accepted dont get discouraged, i tried a few more times and finally got in.  Who knows maye i got extremely lucky, but i only tried like 4 more times
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

MasterClock

BreadfruitClock

Ugh, i was waiting for MGS4 to get a PS3!

FLOUNDERMAN_CLOCK

I think MGS4 is the only reason I want a ps3. Apparently the game was so big that they had to tone down some stuff so it would fit on the motherfucking 30 gig disks.

BreadfruitClock

Honestly why can't it be for the Xbox360 or the Wii.
PS3 is so useless.

Arctic

Awesome, I hope I get chosen.  I love my Ps3.

edit: At this time, you do not qualify for the Metal Gear® Online Beta download promotion.

Please Stand By!

Moose Clock

Quote from: Gardevoir;1283506Honestly why can't it be for the Xbox360 or the Wii.
PS3 is so useless.

Because DVD cannot contain the pure awesomeness. Nor can non standard HDD.

k0ma

Quote from: FlounderwomanClock;1283505I think MGS4 is the only reason I want a ps3. Apparently the game was so big that they had to tone down some stuff so it would fit on the motherfucking 30 gig disks.

50gb dual layer blurays.  rghghflasdhgklahghak i fucking want mgs4 so bad.

PSN Network - BGK0

Steam ID- k0m4t0se

these are zeros, not o\'s, folks

FLOUNDERMAN_CLOCK

Quote from: GardevoirHonestly why can't it be for the Xbox360 or the Wii.
PS3 is so useless.
It could be, but it would be on 8 disks and cost 200 dollars.

Topcatyo

Damn, now all I need is money to buy a PS3 :(

AirPumpClock

PS3 sucks. And I say that not just a Wii fanboy. Serious, other than MGS, I can't think of one game that I want for the PS3.

TremcladClock

Quote from: AirPumpClock;1284293PS3 sucks. And I say that not just a Wii fanboy. Serious, other than MGS, I can't think of one game that I want for the PS3.

What a completely pointless and arbitrary post. Why would you even post this, aside from the intention of throwing stones at the hive?

LambdaClock

Like, how would online work? I'm guessing that you create a character model or you join a team (such as bad guys other shit, you know)? It'd be kinda funny though, seeing a bunch of old snakes running around shooting each other.

k0ma

Quote from: LambdaClock;1284332Like, how would online work? I'm guessing that you create a character model or you join a team (such as bad guys other shit, you know)? It'd be kinda funny though, seeing a bunch of old snakes running around shooting each other.

Apparently, each character plays a different role that's somewhat relevant to their position in the Metal Gear Solid storyline...  here, here's a snippet from the Wikipedia article:

The game will feature 16-player online battles. Players can upgrade skills that their character can use such as hacking, CQC mastery, enhanced lock-on, and more, all of which can be leveled up. The player can keep tabs on allies and enemies with nanomachines.

Players will have the ability to "hack" another player's character to steal information from their nanomachines, such as the locations of his/her allies. This is how the SOP system from Metal Gear Solid 4 is going to be implemented as a gameplay feature in MGO.

New information has revealed that there will be 70+ weapon/attachment combinations in Metal Gear Solid 4, all of which may or may not be carried over into Metal Gear Online.

The nanomachines are really starting to get serious.   The line between people and tools of the government is slowly disappearing in the Metal Gear Solid universe.

;___;

PSN Network - BGK0

Steam ID- k0m4t0se

k0ma

PSN Network - BGK0

Steam ID- k0m4t0se

RobertSmithClock

FLOUNDERMAN_CLOCK

The wii version has three of those boxes

ActionClock

I get to play it monday and then on for two weeks, so Ill post some updates and crappy camera screenshots if i get around to it,

if anybody cares
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

BreadfruitClock

Quote from: ActionClock;1284570I get to play it monday and then on for two weeks, so Ill post some updates and crappy camera screenshots if i get around to it,

if anybody cares

We do.