News:

If you need instructions on how to get through the hotels, check out the enclosed instruction book.

Main Menu

Are you a Democrat, Republican, or Other

Farted by Kodiakclock, July 13, 2008, 03:08:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheCheshireClock

I don't even believe in a two party system. I think Democrats and Republicans are both stupid. Just stupid in their own special way. I agree with a lot of things they both say, but I disagree with a lot they both say too. Thats why I don't believe in a two party system, people just always vote for their party, instead of focusing on the real issues. Things aren't just black and white, there has to be a gray area.

In this election though, I'm not yet sure who I'll vote for, but I'm leaning towards McCain.

Loki Clock

Quote from: RomanClock;1363859No, its not. Copping out is voting for the useless party. What hes saying is its better to go with the less damaging candidate.
Example:
You have a leaky pipe (metaphor for the government) under your kitchen and you have three options while waiting for a plumber (metaphor for good president)
You could try and soak up the water with a sponge (dem/rep depending on view)
You could it hit with a hammer to see if that helps (dem/rep depending on view)
Or you could just do nothing (voting for someone who won't get elected)

If analogies aren't you're cup of tea then:
All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing.
    Edmund Burke

The reason it's copping out is because that's why idealistic candidates never get elected. They look perfect, and so you're automatically not going to vote for them, because no one's going to vote for them.

BlackberryClock

AMPEEEM

Quickstop

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]All hail Batman!

Loki Clock

Quote from: Quickstop;1367913I'm Human.

Good to know, now what's your political affiliation?

Fascist

Libertarian, but I side with the GOP more than the Democrat Party.
“All within the state, nothing outside the state, nothing against the state.”
_praiz_-Benito Mussolini_praiz_

ChimeClock

who cares really, even with slightly different goals, in the long run, they still fit together anyway