News:

If you need instructions on how to get through the hotels, check out the enclosed instruction book.

Main Menu

The Clock Crew's Guide to the Galaxy (spore)!

Farted by HeinekenClock, September 28, 2008, 08:23:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 0 Guests are viewing this topic.

HeinekenClock

After a rough start with Spore, I've grown to love it.

I've seen some guides to the galaxy pop up here and there and I thought it'd be cool to start one here as well!

First of all!

Your philosophy


Following a complex path during your evolution leads to far cooler specialties in Spage Age. I'm currently an Ecologist, and my specialty is the Safari Vaccuum, with which I can abduct every species on a planet in one click.

For ecologist you need 2 green, 1 red and 1 blue card during your evolution, for instance: Start off as a herbivore cell (green), then be an aggressive creature (red), then become a friendly tribe (green) and finish with an economic civilization (blue).

You can do this in any order you like though!

Full list:

Quote from: DoYouReadThis (@ The Sporum)Bard: 2xBlue, 1xGreen, 1xRed
 Ecologist: 1xBlue, 2xGreen, 1xRed
 Zealot: 0xBlue, 2xGreen, 2xRed
 Diplomat: 2xBlue, 2xGreen, 0xRed
 Scientist: 2xBlue, 0xGreen, 2xRed
 Trader: 4xBlue, 0xGreen, 0xRed
 Shaman: 0xBlue, 4xGreen, 0xRed
 Warrior: 0xBlue, 0xGreen, 4xRed
 Knight: 1xBlue, 1xGreen, 2xRed

And their specialties:

-Bard (philosophy of chance) - Soothing Song which, upon activation, boosts your relation with the species that own that planet. The ability sets the relationship to 0 and lasts for 2 minutes.

-Ecologist (philosophy of life) - The Safari Vaccuum which, upon activation, instantly abducts 2 members of each species from the planet.

-Zealot (philosophy of faith) - Fanatical Frenzy which, upon use, converts the system to your empire.

-Diplomat (philosophy of order) - Static Cling which, upon activation, immobilizes all enemy ships and turrets on the planet.

-Scientist (philosophy of science) - Gravitation Wave which, upon use, will destroy every city and tribe on a planet.

-Trader (philosophy of prosperity) - Cash Infusion which, upon use, will instantly fill the financial takeover meter for the solar system the planet is in.

-Shaman (philosophy of harmony) - Return Ticket which, upon activation, will return your ship to your home system.

-Warrior (philosophy of force) - Raider Rally which, upon use, opens a pirate portal on the planet.

-Knight (philosophy of force) - Summon Mini-U which, upon activation, summons a miniature clone of your spaceship to assist you.

-
Wanderer (philosophy of order) - Wanderers receive no unique ability. To change the philosophy of your civilization, you need to obtain a good relationship with an empire that follows that philosophy and eventually you will be able to request a mission to change archetypes. Note: if you DO have a philosophy with a power that you don't like, this is also possible.

Tricks!

1. Get the frequent flyer badges (and interstellar drive 5) quick!

One I've found myself is when I figured out that you only need to click a star to add 1 travel to your book, you can zoom far out and click like a madmen to get the frequent flyer badges really quick (and make it easier for you to get interstellar drive 5).

HeinekenClock

[post to reserve this spot]

Post your own tips and I'll add them.

salt

I'm already tired of it but I haven't played too much and I'm still in creature stage which is going slooooow.
hej.

okkkkkkkk,k


http://www.last.fm/user/SaltClock


vvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvv

Kombucha

Quote from: Ivan RAGE!!!11;1412920I'm still in creature stage which is going slooooow.
Lol.

HeinekenClock

Quote from: Ivan RAGE!!!11;1412920I'm already tired of it but I haven't played too much and I'm still in creature stage which is going slooooow.

I have three save games now and in the last two I've went from cell to space age in about 90 minutes.
I'm so addicted to space age, it's unhealthy.

BehemothClock

Quick question. Is it possible to befriend the Grox? I set up 4-5 embassies on their planets and that seems to be working to an extent, but anything I else I do pisses them off. Try to improve the T-Score on their planet and they ditch it which gives you like minus 150 and then another minus 100 for helping their planet. And I think that just by traveling near them pisses them off. Are you meant to get into an epic battle that will end up taking you years?
Scombridae?

Slash

Quote from: Behemoth;1413558Quick question. Is it possible to befriend the Grox? I set up 4-5 embassies on their planets and that seems to be working to an extent, but anything I else I do pisses them off. Try to improve the T-Score on their planet and they ditch it which gives you like minus 150 and then another minus 100 for helping their planet. And I think that just by traveling near them pisses them off. Are you meant to get into an epic battle that will end up taking you years?

Just finish every last one of them off.

HeinekenClock

To befriend the Grox:

Break the galactic code by blowing up a planet (NOT ONE OF THEIRS). Every species will hate you for it but the Grox like it.
DON'T improve their planets. They're robots that only live on t0 planets.
Give them one million sporebucks with 100k each time. For each 100k they will like you 1 more, with a max of ten.
Have the gracious greeting superpower by being friendly in tribal stage.
Do a couple of missions until it's maxed out, I think they'll like you a maximum of 10 points for doing missions.
TURN OFF THE GUN THING THAT FIRES AT ANY RIVALING EMPIRES, this is probably why they hate you for being near them - you're damaging their ships.

There's several other things but this will get you into the neutral zone so you can trade with them. Do that a lot. Then set up a trade route, this will get you more points. DON'T suggest this too early because it'll piss them off. Make sure the points for trading with them are maxed out. Then once you have a trade route, suggest an alliance. This will get you a lot of points BUT every empire you already know will dislike you with 200 points for "dancing with the devil". So make sure every empire near your home planets are maxed out in liking you (250 points) so there's at least 50 points left. You'll only be able to have alliances with races you'll meet later on though, because you'll need 70 points for that.
Edit - shit, I don't know if breaking the galactic code makes all species hate you or just species that aren't too far from the planet you blew up. If everyone hates you I don't know how you'll be able to befriend empires you already met again :/

Hope that helps :this:

Exclamation Mark

Quote from: firechrome;1413818To befriend the Grox:

Break the galactic code by blowing up a planet (NOT ONE OF THEIRS). Every species will hate you for it but the Grox like it.
DON'T improve their planets. They're robots that only live on t0 planets.
Give them one million sporebucks with 100k each time. For each 100k they will like you 1 more, with a max of ten.
Have the gracious greeting superpower by being friendly in tribal stage.
Do a couple of missions until it's maxed out, I think they'll like you a maximum of 10 points for doing missions.
TURN OFF THE GUN THING THAT FIRES AT ANY RIVALING EMPIRES, this is probably why they hate you for being near them - you're damaging their ships.

There's several other things but this will get you into the neutral zone so you can trade with them. Do that a lot. Then set up a trade route, this will get you more points. DON'T suggest this too early because it'll piss them off. Make sure the points for trading with them are maxed out. Then once you have a trade route, suggest an alliance. This will get you a lot of points BUT every empire you already know will dislike you with 200 points for "dancing with the devil". So make sure every empire near your home planets are maxed out in liking you (250 points) so there's at least 50 points left. You'll only be able to have alliances with races you'll meet later on though, because you'll need 70 points for that.
Edit - shit, I don't know if breaking the galactic code makes all species hate you or just species that aren't too far from the planet you blew up. If everyone hates you I don't know how you'll be able to befriend empires you already met again :/

Hope that helps :this:

It's just the species in the local area.

Also kill like 4 or 5 planets makes you like +30

EDIT: antimatter missiles are the best thing for taking on enemy planets unless you can't be assed to plant colonies of your own on that planet, just drop one and run off. You can avoid defenses and 1 hit cities this way.


Also gravitation wave is AMAZING.

Seriously
Quote from: Crucifix;1556967I now have a 14 year old girl hitting on me. If I had proof she wasn\'t a 50 year old man I\'d be masturbating right about now :>

TruncheonClock

Is the Graviton wave the only way to "destroy" a planet? or can i actually wipe them from the stars?
Uh-huh
Surfaces once every so often, As though he's unable to let go of the past

Exclamation Mark

Quote from: TruncheonClock;1414086Is the Graviton wave the only way to "destroy" a planet? or can i actually wipe them from the stars?

There's planet buster, which completely destroys a planet, you could always use fanatical uprising to instantly take a entire system too.

The reason why gravitation wave is so amazing is becuase it leaves the planet intact, allowing you to plant your own colonies. Saves time compared to bombing every other tribe or use the 3 or so antimatter bombs. But then again gravitation wave also breaks galactic code.
Quote from: Crucifix;1556967I now have a 14 year old girl hitting on me. If I had proof she wasn\'t a 50 year old man I\'d be masturbating right about now :>

TruncheonClock

Quote from: Medic;1414093There's planet buster, which completely destroys a planet, you could always use fanatical uprising to instantly take a entire system too.

The reason why gravitation wave is so amazing is becuase it leaves the planet intact, allowing you to plant your own colonies. Saves time compared to bombing every other tribe or use the 3 or so antimatter bombs. But then again gravitation wave also breaks galactic code.

Oh cool, i really want this planet buster thing now.

I tend to ally with races and once they've expended their usefullness i destroy them.
Uh-huh
Surfaces once every so often, As though he's unable to let go of the past

HeinekenClock

The planet buster is fucking amazing. It leaves the molten core of the planet lingering in the solar system, really awesome. I found out it pisses people off when I took one savegame close to another savegame to colonise near it so we could be friends and trade (also allying your other saves gets you an achievement).

I found a nice solar system but I couldn't colonize it because there was another inhabited planet in there, and instead of going there and blowing up ~20 tribes I bought a planet buster and blew it up... oops.

Gravitation wave is really nice but I prefer dropping a few antimatter bombs because it doesn't break galactic code.

CashClock

Does anyone know how to get to the galactic core without being blown to pieces by the Grox?


I'm having a hard time with it.


Getting closer though, because last time It was in my radio border...But not in my Instellar one.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Exclamation Mark

Quote from: CashClock;1502542Does anyone know how to get to the galactic core without being blown to pieces by the Grox?


I'm having a hard time with it.


Getting closer though, because last time It was in my radio border...But not in my Instellar one.
Ally with the grox.


Alternativly, get the omnipotent rank and get 5 allies with zealot races (Toughest ships), max out your jump distance, health, and energy, and buy several health packs and energy packs, and a max leveled turret. And just jump as fast as you can, if you run low on health or energy pause and use your health/energy pack. Also helps to fuck up as many grox planets as you can, either planet destroyers or terraforming their planets to T1 will work
Quote from: Crucifix;1556967I now have a 14 year old girl hitting on me. If I had proof she wasn\'t a 50 year old man I\'d be masturbating right about now :>