News:

If you need instructions on how to get through the hotels, check out the enclosed instruction book.

Main Menu

Anyone else think this election is pretty much win/win?

Farted by SilverCherryClock, October 22, 2008, 06:39:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SilverCherryClock

I admit that I tend to have a left lean and I'm in support of Obama, but I think McCain is a pretty decent candidate and I won't be all that bent out of shape if he wins either. Maybe this is the fact that either of them will replace George W. Bush? Either way I have a pretty good feeling about this election regardless of the result, anyone agree?

buttplug

That is pretty much how I feel. I don't like Palin, however, and she had really put me off to voting for McCain.

SnakeClock

It's promising, but hopefully McCain won't die in office, leaving the country to *shudder* Sarah Palin.

SouvlakiClock

Bush was the worst president since the president before him. I personally forsee the next president of the usa being worse than the last one, and so on and so on.
I see this election as being just like every other one, lots of promises that never get done.
Palin was probably the worst thing McCain could have done to himself.

SilverCherryClock

Quote from: SouvlakiClock;1432071Bush was the worst president since the president before him.
A lot of people say this but really GWB does have the lowest approval rating of any president ever so it's not just hyperbole.
QuoteI see this election as being just like every other one, lots of promises that never get done.
Well yeah but it's always been like that

FluxCapacitorClock

Palin. Her in the white house. Really? You'd be alright with that?

SilverCherryClock

Quote from: Flux;1432089Palin. Her in the white house. Really? You'd be alright with that?
Vice Presidents have no real power and I really don't think McCain is going to die any time soon even with his age.

Heliopios

Mccain's spry enough to live another 4.5 or so years until the first term is up if he is elected.
:]

FLOUNDERMAN_CLOCK

Quote from: SilverCherryClock;1432133Vice Presidents have no real power and I really don't think McCain is going to die any time soon even with his age.

They don't have too much power but they have influence. Look at Cheney. I'd be terrified if Palin was just the janitor at the white house.

FluxCapacitorClock

Quote from: SilverCherryClock;1432133Vice Presidents have no real power and I really don't think McCain is going to die any time soon even with his age.

As Flounderman said, they have plenty of influence.

Anyone could die at any point randomly; but a two-time skin cancer patient that's 72 years old sure is more likely, and I don't want even the slightest remote possibility of her becoming president.

Marlin Clock

Quote from: SilverCherryClock;1432078A lot of people say this but really GWB does have the lowest approval rating of any president ever so it's not just hyperbole.

Well yeah but it's always been like that
Yeah but we don't have approval ratings for guys like Johnson or Taft.

Also in the event of a McCain death I would sure hope Palin would have the sense to resign.

FluxCapacitorClock

Quote from: billiardball9;1432189Also in the event of a McCain death I would sure hope Palin would have the sense to resign.

Palin doesn't have any sense on any subject so I really doubt it.

Topcatyo

By the way, Palin doesn't know that vice president has no power (aside from influence, which I think McCain is smart enough to not listen to her).

FluxCapacitorClock

Quote from: Hudson;1432208(aside from influence, which I think McCain is smart enough to not listen to her).

He was dumb enough to pick her as his running mate but he's smart enough to completely ignore her? Alright.

Biggskoo

Quote from: SilverCherryClock;1432133Vice Presidents have no real power

not since nixon and cheney

Slurpee

I kind of felt this way early on, but my confidence in both candidates has been waning. Nowhere near as badly in Obama as in McCain, but, I mean, as soon as McCain won the Republican ticket, I was ready for the everybody in the world to start shitting rainbows and butterflies.

Reality is a harsh mistress.

Loki Clock

No. What the fuck. We're still going to be at war with Iraq, and McCain doesn't know shit about economics. In case you haven't noticed, the economy is kind of an important issue at the moment.

Marlin Clock

Personally I liked Huckabee, but alas I could not vote.

RevolutionaryClock

No, because I really don't feel like getting stop-lossed after my time is up for the next 100,000 years.

PropagandaClock

I liked this race untill Sarah Pahlin
She disgusts me .
So much.
Everything about her is the worst of american personofied.
[flash]http://files.myfrogbag.com/ses6on/Space.swf Width=450 height=175[/flash]