News:

If you need instructions on how to get through the hotels, check out the enclosed instruction book.

Main Menu

So What's so bad about Sonic Unleashed?

Farted by SoBe Clock, January 25, 2009, 03:24:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

SoBe Clock

I just played the demo and it seems like everything a sonic game should have been all along. Speedy, relatively linear gameplay, and simple.

Is there something bad about it that the demo isn't showing me? Because if the whole game is like the demo, I'll probably buy it.

CaramelAppleClock


FLOUNDERMAN_CLOCK

If they replaced the werehog with Knuckles and called it "Sonic and Knuckles 2" and revamped those levels it could be the greatest game ever.

Flounderpa

Quote from: FloundermanClock;1506175If they replaced the werehog with Knuckles and called it "Sonic and Knuckles 2" and revamped those levels it could be the greatest game ever.
:tophat: I agree with that my good sir
ââ€"‰â€"‰â€"‰â€"‰â€"‰â€"‰â€"‰â€"‰â€"‰â€"‰â€"¬à®Å"Û©ÛžÛ©à®Å"ââ€"‰â€"‰â€"‰â€"‰â€"‰â€"‰â€"‰â€"‰â€"‰â€"‰â€"‰â€"‰â€"¬
SHUTãâ,¬â,¬Ã¯Â¼ÂµÃ¯Â¼Â°Ã£â,¬â,¬Ã¯Â¼Â¡Ã¯Â¼Â®Ã¯Â¼Â¤Ã£â,¬â,¬Ã¯Â¼Â¥Ã¯Â¼Â®Ã¯Â¼ÂªÃ¯Â¼Â¯Ã¯Â¼Â¹Ã£â,¬â,¬Ã¯Â¼Â´Ã¯Â¼Â¨Ã¯Â¼Â¥Ã£â,¬â,¬Ã¯Â¼Â­Ã¯Â¼ÂµÃ¯Â¼Â³Ã¯Â¼Â©Ã¯Â¼Â£Ã¯Â¼Â
ââ€"‰â€"‰â€"‰â€"‰â€"‰â€"‰â€"‰â€"‰â€"‰â€"‰â€"¬à®Å"Û©ÛžÛ©à®Å"ââ€"‰â€"‰â€"‰â€"‰â€"‰â€"‰â€"‰â€"‰â€"‰â€"‰â€"‰â€"‰â€"¬

SoBe Clock

Okay so what are the nighttime levels like then?

EDIT: I should say that I liked the original 3 Sonic the Hedgehogs, Sonic Advance 1&2,  Sonic CD, and Sonic Adventure 1&2.

Also Sonic and the Secret Rings wasn't too bad.

Flounderpa

Quote from: William Murderface;1506182Also Sonic and the Secret Rings wasn't too bad.
but it didn't had the same quality of the past games, it lost the flavor
ââ€"‰â€"‰â€"‰â€"‰â€"‰â€"‰â€"‰â€"‰â€"‰â€"‰â€"¬à®Å"Û©ÛžÛ©à®Å"ââ€"‰â€"‰â€"‰â€"‰â€"‰â€"‰â€"‰â€"‰â€"‰â€"‰â€"‰â€"‰â€"¬
SHUTãâ,¬â,¬Ã¯Â¼ÂµÃ¯Â¼Â°Ã£â,¬â,¬Ã¯Â¼Â¡Ã¯Â¼Â®Ã¯Â¼Â¤Ã£â,¬â,¬Ã¯Â¼Â¥Ã¯Â¼Â®Ã¯Â¼ÂªÃ¯Â¼Â¯Ã¯Â¼Â¹Ã£â,¬â,¬Ã¯Â¼Â´Ã¯Â¼Â¨Ã¯Â¼Â¥Ã£â,¬â,¬Ã¯Â¼Â­Ã¯Â¼ÂµÃ¯Â¼Â³Ã¯Â¼Â©Ã¯Â¼Â£Ã¯Â¼Â
ââ€"‰â€"‰â€"‰â€"‰â€"‰â€"‰â€"‰â€"‰â€"‰â€"‰â€"¬à®Å"Û©ÛžÛ©à®Å"ââ€"‰â€"‰â€"‰â€"‰â€"‰â€"‰â€"‰â€"‰â€"‰â€"‰â€"‰â€"‰â€"¬

SnakeClock

Demos are rarely as good as the full game. The gameplay is adequate (at least on the Wii version I played), but the story and progression is aggressively stupid.

TabascoClock

Also you have to walk around in a city for hours and talk to people who usually just bitch and moan about their lives and say nothing important.

SoBe Clock

Quote from: Hogarth Hughes;1506189Demos are rarely as good as the full game. The gameplay is adequate (at least on the Wii version I played), but the story and progression is aggressively stupid.

Quote from: TabascoClock;1506190Also you have to walk around in a city for hours and talk to people who usually just bitch and moan about their lives and say nothing important.

Hmmm, If this is true, I'll probably just rent it and try it out.

FLOUNDERMAN_CLOCK

Quote from: William Murderface;1506182Okay so what are the nighttime levels like then?
slow placed generic button mashing beat em up

Quote from: William Murderface;1506182Sonic CD

I don't see the big deal bout Sonic CD, people talk like it's the greatest game in the series.

SoBe Clock

Quote from: FloundermanClock;1506194slow placed generic button mashing beat em up



I don't see the big deal bout Sonic CD, people talk like it's the greatest game in the series.

I wouldn't say its the best. It's just really good.

EDIT: Also I like beat 'em ups so I might not have a problem with the nighttime levels.

Maltese

Yahtzee says the game sucks, Yahtzee's words are always truth, therefore the game sucks.

SoBe Clock

Quote from: Looking For A Good Fuck;1506199Yahtzee says the game sucks, Yahtzee's words are always truth, therefore the game sucks.

Yahtzee was completely wrong about GTA4, SSBB, and EVE Online, so I can't always trust him. Plus I heard later, on Game Damage, he admitted that he had fun with the daytime levels of the game.

Maltese

Quote from: William Murderface;1506202Yahtzee was completely wrong about GTA4, SSBB, and EVE Online, so I can't always trust him. Plus I heard later, on Game Damage, he admitted that he had fun with the daytime levels of the game.

Yahtzee's words are truth, you disagree with Yahtzee, therefore, You are wrong.

SoBe Clock

Quote from: Looking For A Good Fuck;1506203Yahtzee's words are truth, you disagree with Yahtzee, therefore, You are wrong.

Oh OK.

Good luck not having your own opinions then.


EDIT: I like Yahtzee and usually agree with him. I'm just saying he's been wrong a few times.

TabascoClock

I admit the daytime levels are fun, but they're about only 30% of the game.

Maltese

Quote from: William Murderface;1506206Oh OK.

Good luck not having your own opinions then.


EDIT: I like Yahtzee and usually agree with him. I'm just saying he's been wrong a few times.

To be honest, my agreement with yahtzee just seems strange to me, all of my opinions are my own, and yahtzee just shares them, it's odd

SnakeClock

And you have to rescue a guy named Professor Pickle.



Professor

FUCKING

Pickle.

:facepalm:

Kombucha

Quote from: Hogarth Hughes;1506229And you have to rescue a guy named Professor Pickle.



Professor

FUCKING

Pickle.

:facepalm:
That's a good thing, not a bad thing.

SnakeClock

Quote from: Mat;1506230That's a good thing, not a bad thing.

And he keeps whining to you about a sandwich.