News:

If you need instructions on how to get through the hotels, check out the enclosed instruction book.

Main Menu

click here to log out

Farted by Losperman, November 01, 2005, 01:26:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PolyhedronClock

GreyClock

Quote from: Slurpee on November 26, 2018, 01:00:20 AMI'm increasingly convinced that the nostalgia of the future is going to belong to weird, barely remembered things from decades ago that you didn't think were important at the time, because that's the only thing you won't be able to instantaneously access and drain all the mystique out of
harry potter, how can we miss you if you won't go away?
I love those.

One time I was on a bus with a girl and we were both a little drunk and this guy sitting behind us sneezed. So I turned around and he was like, "I'm sorry!" And I was like, "Don't worry about it, it's good for building up my resistance." And the girl punched me, and as I turned back to her this golden light from the setting sun shone on her beautiful, laughing face.

Although maybe that doesn't apply, because even in the moment I recognized how wonderful it was.

This one is a little weirder perhaps, in its mundanity: I was taking this class about whatever and there was a woman... I won't say girl, because even though we were both in our twenties, she was one of those people that seem remarkably put together. You know the type: mature, driven, more engaging and insightful than the professors when talking about the subject. She was brilliant, literally. This was a bachelor's-level course and she was asked to publish goddamn class assignments. I wasn't so much attracted to her, as I was in awe of her. Anyway, one day I happen to be sitting next to her, randomly looking around the room as one is wont to do, when the professor asks me a question. I of course only barely register the question, when she flips open my book and points to the right passage. I still wonder to this day if she was being patronizing, like, "Hurry up you fucking asshole, I'm trying to learn something here..." or if she was just being nice. I'll never figure that out, and it's great. Hell, I'll never even figure out my fascination with this particular moment. There's no doubt in my mind that brilliant people are capable of doing nice things. At the same time it's strange that I feel like I have to add all that preamble to the story in order to justify it.

"One day a girl opened a book for me."

GreyClock

Quote from: GreyClock on November 26, 2018, 05:46:48 PMOne time I was on a bus with a girl and we were both a little drunk and this guy sitting behind us sneezed. So I turned around and he was like, "I'm sorry!" And I was like, "Don't worry about it, it's good for building up my resistance." And the girl punched me, and as I turned back to her this golden light from the setting sun shone on her beautiful, laughing face.
Come to think of it, maybe it was a street light?

GreyClock

I was the guy that sneezed and the dude that was with her punched me?

GreyClock

RobClock

Theres a woman who works at the hospital in a department i semi-frequently fill in who recently dyed her hair a lovely auburn colour and I told her I really liked it and she smiled and said thank you and now we exchange pleasantries whenever we run across one another, and I when I first told someone about that encounter i went on for about five minutes with the preamble before finishing with basically what ive told you now and realized that the entire thing is "complimented a girl and she smiled". Its the little moments like that we can all reflect on in our lives without cynicism that are the basis of nostalgia that persists rather than the cold and corporate nostalgia that sells Funko pops to kids who arent old enough to have ever seen the old Ninja Turtles cartoon, forget having been alive during its original run.

More in line with what Slurpee was specifically talking about, a good example would be that straight to video Wal-Mart bargin bin Hercules animated movie I owned as a child and once made a thread about on this forum asking if anyone had a clue what I was going on about.

ive been checking the forums every day but i feel as if ive neglected you all by not posting in like a week

anybody check out The Ballad of Buster Scruggs on Netflix? New Western anthology film by the Coen Brothers, and it's simply delightful. I think 'Pan Shot' is probably the weakest of the six stories but the fifth part, which tells the story of a young woman who sets out on the Oregon trail with her con-man brother, is probably my favourite. The titular story, the first part, is a real treat too- dark and comedic with a couple of songs that have been stuck in my head for over a week now.

RobClock

when was the last time I jerked off about Ion Maiden on here? Every little screenshot they release for this game gets me so fucking excited

Theyre using voxels for the weapon and item pick ups, it's like it was scientifically crafted to pander directly to me and I love it.

NintendrCkolc

Slurpee

Slurpee

Slurpee

Quote from: RobClock on November 27, 2018, 01:27:16 PM
Its the little moments like that we can all reflect on in our lives without cynicism that are the basis of nostalgia that persists rather than the cold and corporate nostalgia that sells Funko pops to kids who arent old enough to have ever seen the old Ninja Turtles cartoon, forget having been alive during its original run.
yes

Slurpee

Quote from: RobClock on November 27, 2018, 01:27:16 PM
More in line with what Slurpee was specifically talking about, a good example would be that straight to video Wal-Mart bargin bin Hercules animated movie I owned as a child and once made a thread about on this forum asking if anyone had a clue what I was going on about.
hm
Phelous, the guy who voiced the fish on Eskimo Bob, does reviews of sub-f-tier cartoons for youtube, and he's also Canadian

is this your hercules?
[u2 48adRgOA150

e: WOW NOPE lol there were two bargain bin Hercules cartoons in the same year, one by Goodtimes, and one by Burbank
https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0238269/
https://www.imdb.com/title/tt1460003/
and another later by the internet fav Dingo Pictures
https://www.imdb.com/title/tt4984690/

NintendrCkolc

Slurpee

Quote from: KarkasmolenKlok on November 28, 2018, 06:07:33 AM
I have often thought that, should I ever build and stock a sex dungeon, that I would be embarrassed and self-conscious at how trite and conventional my attempts at kink would be.
there's a pretty good comedy premise in there

Slurpee

ribs: i brought you here because this is where i explore my darkest desires... desires which society can never know about... which the people in my life can never know about...
ribs: if we proceed, the only way that i can let you live is if you swear you won't tell anyone what you're about to see
girl: okay
ribs: you have to swear
girl: i do
ribs: SWEAR! SWEAR YOU WON'T TELL ANYONE
girl: I SWEAR! i swear i won't tell anyone, okay? just please don't hurt me
ribs: ...
ribs: can i wear your glasses while i jerk off?
girl: what? no.
ribs: ok.
ribs: sorry.
ribs: [unshackles girl]
ribs: ...
ribs: 'bye. [walks out]
girl: [slightly irritated, rubbing wrists]

NintendrCkolc

GreyClock

Next time suck it out of your asshole with a long straw like a proper young lady.

Slurpee

ugh. swallowed 7 spiders in my sleep and it drove my nose back into my brain, now I'm dead

RobClock

Dear Livejournal

My Uncle Bobby died on Tuesday. He had been hospitalized for two weeks prior after taking a turn on a Friday. He was a diabetic cancer patient and underwent treatment for the cancer for the last 8 years. It was not unexpected as his health has been seriously dwindling for the last year, but I was still heartbroken when it happened. I walked in to visit him at 5:00 and he had died around 4:30. My greatest regret is that I had been off work the two previous days and did not stop by as I knew I would be able to see him when I got to work Tuesday. Even in his final days he greeted me with a smile, cracked sarcastic jokes, and knew my name even when he could not remember my fathers. I was the first to arrive following his death and consoled my Aunt to the best of my ability before calling my Grandparents and Parents. It was when I met them in the lobby that my Grandfather told me he had been diagnosed that afternoon with "treatable bone cancer". I did my best to hold it all together until I got on my own for a moment and had a little breakdown like the mature and emotionally stable adult that I am. I must say I felt embarrassed to be as dramatic as I was in my sorrow because my fathers side of the family is particularly English in the sense that emotion is not usually expressed in any kind of substantial way. They are not cold, but never forthcoming in their grief. I love my Grandfather dearly and he has not had any kind of health scare in my life so now faced with his mortality I admit that the prospect of losing him terrifies me. I intend to visit more often, especially now following his brothers death I know his list of friends is basically non existent, I hope to make the most of this time I still have to enjoy his company in good health. My greatest aspiration in life has been to do both him, and my father, proud, which I hope I have had some semblance of success in the last few years.

On the bright side I've been seeing a lovely girl for the last month which has brought an end to a year long drought for me  :thumbs:

RobClock