News:

If you need instructions on how to get through the hotels, check out the enclosed instruction book.

Main Menu

click here to log out

Farted by Losperman, November 01, 2005, 01:26:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

VCRClock

This is a nontrivial upgrade from SMF 2.0 to 2.1. There are some substantial changes in the new version of the software, but this also means that there's a new default theme to accommodate the new functionalities -- it's not just a cosmetic upgrade
<Marlin Clock> This thread seems proof positive that divisiveness at any level is usually bad for the Clock Crew.
<PhantomCatClock> are we talking about the same clock crew

PhantomCatClock

Quote from: VCRClock on March 31, 2022, 03:20:07 PMclearly it's an important feature that would be useful to a lot of people, we should probably look into making it an installable mod

it probably wouldn't kill us to make a github of the dumb little tweaks we do even if we don't turn them into portable modules

VCRClock

the only reason I was half-joking is because I've never done that before, I truly think putting the tweaks into a module is best practice

not that if we'd written an smf 2.0 module it would have been compatible with 2.1 :shrug:
<Marlin Clock> This thread seems proof positive that divisiveness at any level is usually bad for the Clock Crew.

Slurpee

not that I'm complaining about this, really, but I feel like either me or the people who make smf must have fundamentally misunderstood something about the concept of modularity
and also version numbering

d u m p y

Hehehaha a h spam formum

PhantomCatClock

haha vcr you lazy bum you used the terminal to upgrade the forum

okay so, done pushing the up arrow. now, where was i...

PhantomCatClock

oh weird it's working now???????/

PhantomCatClock

phantomcat changefrog:

:hs: stopped many error generators, heroically
:ns: v v v v v important css insertion
:ns: almost started making the u2 tag work*
:ns: homogang.com works better again
:bn:

*for compatibility in old posts. I have not tried the new youtube button here but it looks easier since it takes a whole link

VCRClock

Quote from: PhantomCatClock on March 31, 2022, 09:41:04 PMhaha vcr you lazy bum you used the terminal to upgrade the forum

started with the GUI on upgrade.php as God intended, but it was sitting in the middle of backing up the database forever and I wasn't getting any Feedback to indicate if it was working or hanging, so I started over in the terminal for the full debug messages

PhantomCatClock

:xx::xx::es::sw:
:xx::es::nesw::nsew::sw:
:es::nesw::nsew::nesw::nsew::hw:
:ne::nsew::nesw::nsew::nw:
:xx::ne::nsew::nw:
:xx::xx::ns:
:xx::xx::ns:
:xx::xx::bn:

ngl i forgot about these

Slurpee

gonna start ending all my posts with "soooooo um ya kinda cronge bro lol"

PhantomCatClock

what happened to youtube bringing the dislike bar back for tutorials where bad advice is dangerous? i realize i don't have that and I'm just getting to motorcycles

RobClock

i drew a robclock (wow what a fucking narcissist am i right)

miracle fruit

so i have this button and when i hover over it it plays sound but i want it to stop playign fuckin sound when i hover off of it how do i do this in as2

miracle fruit

also wow place looks great 👍

PhantomCatClock

Quote from: miracle fruit on April 02, 2022, 09:54:09 PMso i have this button and when i hover over it it plays sound but i want it to stop playign fuckin sound when i hover off of it how do i do this in as2

.onRollOut()

miracle fruit

Quote from: PhantomCatClock on April 02, 2022, 10:05:47 PM
Quote from: miracle fruit on April 02, 2022, 09:54:09 PMso i have this button and when i hover over it it plays sound but i want it to stop playign fuckin sound when i hover off of it how do i do this in as2

.onRollOut()

didndt work but

on (rollOut) {
stopAllSounds( ) ;
}

did

miracle fruit

Quote from: miracle fruit on April 02, 2022, 09:55:27 PMalso wow place looks great 👍

this wasnt sarcasm btw i am so happy quick reply is back

Quote from: miracle fruit on April 02, 2022, 11:30:36 PM

.onRollOut()

didndt work but

on (rollOut) {
stopAllSounds( ) ;
}

did

now i realize why this was dumb i want the background music to continue playing

Slurpee

put the sound set to streaming inside of a movieclip and put the movieclip only on the button's hover frame

I have no idea if that will work or if it's even possible but it's definitely the first thing I'd try

k9

Quote from: miracle fruit on April 02, 2022, 11:31:35 PM
Quote from: miracle fruit on April 02, 2022, 09:55:27 PMalso wow place looks great 👍

this wasnt sarcasm btw i am so happy quick reply is back

Quote from: miracle fruit on April 02, 2022, 11:30:36 PM

.onRollOut()

didndt work but

on (rollOut) {
stopAllSounds( ) ;
}

did

now i realize why this was dumb i want the background music to continue playing

idk what ur using but can u specify what sound to stop rather than just "Allsounds"?