News:

If you need instructions on how to get through the hotels, check out the enclosed instruction book.

Main Menu

click here to log out

Farted by Losperman, November 01, 2005, 01:26:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PhantomCatClock

PhantomCatClock

those were two separate thoughts. rob's cartoon does homogang.com great honour

RobClock

Slurpee

congrats on the trophy Rob

I watched and fived it on the day it were posted, but I didn't say anything because I was studying

PhantomCatClock

I, too, was studying, but I said something because I was procrastinating

Slurpee

I finished one final just now, and I think I did ok
the practice final had 5 questions, and I was sure I could nail 4 of them, then the actual final annoyingly only had 3 questions, and of course one of them was the kind of question I wasn't sure about :wiebel:

the professor's attitude is, calculus is a pre-requisite for taking the class, so we should e.g. know how to optimize a function
and yeah man you take the derivative and set it equal to zero and solve for x
but that means you have to differentiate it first and who the hell remembers all the rules for differentiating the sigma sum of the natural log of the reciprocal of a factorial
but I did the math earlier and I only needed a 63/100 to get a C in the class so I think I'm in the clear

and I have one more final today, but it's open book open note, and I also did the math on that one and it's literally impossible for me to get less than a B in the class, so I'm not really sweating it

so I'm like on the coffee break in Earthbound right now
not over the finish line but taking a moment to breathe

final final on wednesday, which I'm is what I'm actually lightweight worried about because I skipped a LOT of the homework in operating systems lol. I haven't done the math on what grade I'll need yet because I'm anticipating that it'll be stressful news
I was always over the class mean on quizzes and midterms though
but I don't think he curves the grade so idk why he gave us the mean. I'll be fine. it'll be fine. it'll be fine. it's fine. it'll be fine

PhantomCatClock

I had a job interview, today

it's something I can do, but it kept coming up that I have no (paid) experience and no education

I have a second interview on Wednesday, that I will also ace because that's not with boss-man, that's with the computer guy

I wasn't stressed at all before, wasn't stressed during, but afterwards it all caught up to me. Walked around the house for hours, cringing and swearing loudly. Sometimes I wish I wasn't crazy. Today was actually possibly the first day in years I got so stressed that I was actively looking for ways to relieve it so I guess that's fine fine fine fine fine

VCRClock

rob:

the portrayal in the cartoon is extremely accurate: i could not read what it said on the outside of the book i was holding because it was upside down

i think it's not unusual for some people to slow down on alcohol as they get older. if you feel like you're master of your own destiny at present (and wondering wtf your friends are doing) that's probably good. mr. new dad is (hopefully) aBout to experience a huge shift in priorities that'll change his everyday life (unless he decides to be shit dad and/or discovers that what he really wants is a divorce)... which does mean that he's probably not going to be coming out to the bar at a moment's notice. none of my friends are having kids, but one got puppies recently and she's had to sit out all this social stuff to accommodate their schedules. anyway everyone's interests and priorities are bound to change some as they get older
i've been to weddings, but i don't know what i'd do if my friend announced they were having a "we're having a kid" party. i feel like i might say some "what were you thinking aren't you scared" kinda stuff so maybe i'd find an excuse to not go

slurpee:

- hamtaro theme song
- "yeah he says he was scrungly before the word 'scrungly' was invented. kind of an elder scrungle"

pcat:

i am sorry to hear you are stressed about the interview; i hope tech dude thinks you are capable and that the interaction with bossman is just kind of a "weeelll we'll take you but we have a reason or two to not start you at the high end of the wage range" bluff

vcrclock:

got laid off basically at end of october, but with enough paycheck to last thru next week

spent a couple weeks not doing anything about it at all, except applying to a couple of respectable organizations that were only hiring for one person (not me), before starting to stare down the Great White Wall of Horrible Jobs. then i went to the website of another local co. that i could envision wanting to work for, and there was a job posted on their site for something where my experience (seasoned barely-skilled gruntworker) was applicable. just interviewed for that, and i think they're going to send me a job offer (though it'll probably pay less than i was making as Head Gruntworker at my old job).

my last job was the longest i've worked in one place... when i started, i was jumping to "safety" and personal-best pay from a job that i felt was literally killing me. that job was "stable" and i guess i thought i had my shit together... but then losing it, i realized that i still don't have any skills or qualifications that would net me more than like $36k a year. shit. so like assuming i'm not an Enterpreneur i guess the move is to get a tolerable job and hope that's enough money to pay for some courses i don't really wanna do, to gain "skills" so this don't happen again.

but if i get this job i expect to get, i won't have to suffer through actually collecting unemployment, or holding my nose crawling Indeed for things that don't suck that i might be able to talk my way into. if the pay's good enough maybe i can just sink back into complacency until the next time this happens

also one of the respectable organizations i applied to earlier just sent me (weeks later) a kind, personalized-sounding rejection email saying they'd keep my information on file, so that was nice
<Marlin Clock> This thread seems proof positive that divisiveness at any level is usually bad for the Clock Crew.
<PhantomCatClock> are we talking about the same clock crew

RobClock

Sorry to hear about your job Veece, I would set you up with a grunt work job if not for our being half a continent apart.

The book was Ducks, i referenced several things from recent CCBT pages

FLOUNDERMAN_CLOCK

I think about the hamtaro theme song a lot

also it turns out some twitter manga beat me to the punch on one of my cartoons by over a year.

"Story of How I Found my Cat"

how do I original content plz halp

PhantomCatClock

I was more into the Hamtaro ending song. You probably never heard it. It's a secret, just for me.

PhantomCatClock

I survived the second interview. They asked me one technical question and I knocked their socks off, then we talked about video games for twenty minutes.

If you think I didn't spend an hour feeling like I was going to throw up afterwards, I only seem like I have nerves of steel because I've never done anything I was passionate about before

Slurpee

Slurpee

but also I went to the Aurora concert thing in Sky that they plugged and it was 50 times cooler than I expected it to be

but I was expecting it to be really lame and stupid so I guess it was fifty times cooler than lame and stupid

VCRClock

Quote from: VCRClock on December 05, 2022, 11:34:32 PMi get this job

it's nice, thought it would actually be more unpleasant and entrust me with less responsibility

I still feel like a jabroni but at least I'm now an employed jabroni
<Marlin Clock> This thread seems proof positive that divisiveness at any level is usually bad for the Clock Crew.
<PhantomCatClock> are we talking about the same clock crew

Clocktopus

RobClock

drew this today and dick masterson followed me on twitter

my relevance in niche internet fame is spiking like never before

PhantomCatClock

Quote from: Clocktopus on December 10, 2022, 09:05:45 AMgood luck p cat on the p job

i got the job, asterisk, but it'll be at least four weeks before they let me start

RobClock

I updated my website for the first time since I think 2018- added an animation reel and illustration gallery, with a slight revamp of the splash page. Would love some feedback, criticism or otherwise, if anyone is so inclined

PhantomCatClock

website is COOL.       if planning to use as résumé for art job, you do have a much more impressive animation (the cigarette twirl) played second instead of first and it takes TWO CLICKS!!!!!!!!! to see art from the gallery link. congrats on being hired once you link the page though