News:

If you need instructions on how to get through the hotels, check out the enclosed instruction book.

Main Menu

click here to log out

Farted by Losperman, November 01, 2005, 01:26:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Slurpee

I remember, a thing happened with linux, and for some reason some website or something interviewed stallman about it, like just trying to get a layman's understanding of something that was above most people's heads, and every single answer stallman was like "[beleaguered SIGH] I don't know, you'd have to ask linus torvalds about that. I am not affiliated with mr torvalds and his decadent perversion of the free software foundation blah blah blah blah blah blah blah

Slurpee

PhantomCatClock

Clocktopus

I have a new issue with Windows every day. There's always a background process I don't want or would ever need running. My last computer was a hunk of junk and it didn't help that Windows was running a bunch of processes in the background that were spiking my disk usage to 100% when all I wanted to do was play Binding of Isaac.

Meanwhile my Macbook Pro I've had since like 2013 and I've never ran into a problem with it.

PhantomCatClock

VCRClock

I barely remember Hey Dude existing, or maybe my memory of it existing is just based on other people's testimony. I was born in 1989, Hey Dude last aired in 1991, I would have had to catch reruns and I totally wouldn't have understood any of it. Salute Your Shorts last aired in 1992, so I would have at least had another year, but the theme song and intro is the only thing I remember. kind of sick to think that there's any space in my memory devoted to that at all. objectively, is either show any good, or are they just sitcoms with a young cast and humor/language/content designed not to offend the sensibilities of parents of preteens? I don't remember anything about them and nobody's ever said something to me like "you never saw Hey Dude? you gotta see it!"

Pete & Pete, on the other hand, aired until 1996 (so I actually remember specific episodes), and it's one of those shows that works for an adult audience possibly even better than it does for children Little Pete's age
<Marlin Clock> This thread seems proof positive that divisiveness at any level is usually bad for the Clock Crew.
<PhantomCatClock> are we talking about the same clock crew

Clocktopus

besides the feet stuff some of the dan schneider era stuff was actually genuinely funny at times

FLOUNDERMAN_CLOCK

the new xbox can be shut down remotely whenever microsoft deems fit (don't worry though they said it's for the environment) and new pc parts have spyware built in at the hardware level. I'm going back to hoop'n'stick and my officially licensed kenan and kel lcd pocket planner. it's shaped like a foot.

Clocktopus

k9

i have alot of issues with linux when I use it and I also have alot of issues with windows when I use it, I think if you want a nice intuitive GUI for a computer you're gonna have to deal with a certain amount of god fucking dammit why won't you work work you cocksucker please I beg you

I have linux (LMDE5) on my home desktop and then I have a little laptop with windows (11) on it. I think if you combine them both and learn to understand them, they can usually fill the holes the other one can't do well

that being said the fact that LMDE5 and windows 11 in my experience are even level with each other considering the former is made by volunteers and the latter is made by MICROSOFT blows my god damn mind, and windows really should be alot better

also windows spies on all of it's users and I don't like that one bit. people say "well big companies already have all of your information anyway" but I think that's a lousy excuse. I'd respect you more if you just said "I don't care they can have it" lmao

RobClock

Slurpee

FLOUNDERMAN_CLOCK

Quote from: RobClock on January 30, 2023, 04:51:33 AM
oh cool the turtle is back. the visuals had me trained to expect a typical hiroyuki sawano score but then that guitar kicked in.

Quote from: Slurpee on February 03, 2023, 02:23:34 AM
he really does have a nice voice for copypasta

makes for fine digital dingamagoo

Slurpee

I didn't know it was a copypasta
that's slightly less funny than when I thought it was just something that, I had no idea why someone would make this

Slurpee

I have amystery

does anybody know who animated the opening credits to the aqua teen hunger force movie?

not the "let's all go to the lobby"/mastodon thing,
this bit:

it was a hand-animated sequence set to a remix of the tv theme where the aqua teens are like demons and then they're giant and stomping around a city then riding choppers through the desert and stuff
it has kind of a superjail look to it but more outsider-art-y

I have a vague memory of my friend telling me it was done by one guy, who was just this nutty independent animator dave and matt knew and was willing to do it on a dare or for a beer or something, but I cannot for the life of me find the guy's name or anybody else talking about this anywhere

PhantomCatClock

your friend was hired to get you to buy the DVD and listen to the commentary fifteen years later

PhantomCatClock

speaking things we imagined that never happened,

early 2006, YTMND has a Dew Army contest. A song that'd been on the site for a bit, the ic3m4n remix of Ass Up, got tossed up in a page with a colored ink pen drawing of a very happy looking flying giraffe. "[Put] yer ass in the air, put yer ass up in the air" with a sort of tch on the YER. "Giraffes in the air", goes the joke.

Late February 2006, the artist of the image, a lady attending a Swedish university, asks Max to take it off the site. She is unhappy that her art is being used on something so, in her mind, gross. Max refuses. She sends a cease and desist, and the YTMND submitter changes the background pic temporarily, reverting it before the end of March 2006. The comments during and shortly after this period are not particularly kind to the original artist. For every comment left on the site today, there were dozens on the IRC. There was no money to be made by the person who submitted the art to YTMND! That money went to... advertisers, so it's okay. She should be grateful for the exposure! It's either this or get malware from ads—do YOU want malware from ads? I think about this every once in a while. No idea what happened to that artist. Probably went on to a different life. That was just a drawing she did for a bit and maybe she doesn't even remember this. I kind of hope.

But I mention this because those ≤five comments left on the site are all that's left of this entire event happening. There was no newspost. It only came out on the IRC. It was confirmed and mostly told by Max, who was there all the time, but there's no record of that. PERHAPS, SOME DAY, FIFTEEN YEARS FROM NOW somebody will google this, Put Your Ass In The Air / Put Giraffes In The Air YTMND cease and desist (minor) debacle and go "huh, some fucking wad on a forum even more cringe than ytmnd remembers this happened. Maybe I didn't imagine it!" and

have no other evidence

so yeah good luck with your frylock fanfic writer i hope you find him slurpee

PhantomCatClock

okay it was watercolors and ink look i remember the song not the art

Slurpee

Slurpee

the most common ethnicity on earth is chinese, the most common given name is mohammad, the most common sex is female, but I have not met one chinese woman named mohammad