News:

If you need instructions on how to get through the hotels, check out the enclosed instruction book.

Main Menu

More on Burton's Alice.

Farted by TheCheshireClock, May 16, 2009, 10:22:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheCheshireClock

Once again Tim Burton and Disney will be working together (barley) to create a sequel to Lewis Carroll's book, Alice's Adventures in Wonderland. I'm really excited for this movie
One, it is a sequel to the original story, which is a concept I have always been a fan off. Two, no one does Victorian better than Burton, in my opinion,a nd the visuals thus far are stunning... Three, it gives me something to compare to McGee's Alice, and I love healthy competition. Four, Tim Burton has never let me down before, and I don't think he has any intention to start now, with my favorite book.

Your thoughts?

Click here for more.

TequilaClock

Too much realism and not much surrealism. Still find it good its getting done. Though I have seen live-played Alice in wonderland before in Hallmark but well, lets see how it turns.

TheCheshireClock

Quote from: TequilaClock;1580794Too much realism and not much surrealism. Still find it good its getting done. Though I have seen live-played Alice in wonderland before in Hallmark but well, lets see how it turns.

These are shots from the real world, Wonderland will be part CGI like Beowulf or the Polar Express.

Solenoidclock

The giant camera drew my attention.
Quote from: FlondermenKlok;1578925I wonder if I could get really obese and masturbate by jiggling my fat around.

buttplug

I think you could guess my opinion.

Also Alice looks like a fucking hag.

Fireman

I think tim burton needs to lose some weight.

Biblo

how the hell has he never let you down before?!??!

Poltergeist

Have any of you seen In Treatment? The actress playing Alice is really really terrific

Munglai

I think Tim Burton's gone a bit wrong. His last few films have been pretty bad. It seems to mostly be down to who writes the script though so hopefully if this has a good script it should be pretty good.

Biblo

Quote from: Poltergeisty;1581048Have any of you seen In Treatment? The actress playing Alex is really really terrific

this is true

i think Burton's arrogance is swallowing him up

SnakeClock

Quote from: Biblo;1581010how the hell has he never let you down before?!??!

He's one of those feverish Burtonophiles that thinks Burton can do no wrong. Cheshire thought that he directed The Nightmare Before Christmas before I corrected him.

buttplug

Quote from: Atrus;1581079He's one of those feverish Burtonophiles that thinks Burton can do no wrong. Cheshire thought that he directed The Nightmare Before Christmas before I corrected him.

OMG did you see that guy who did Coraline?!? he totally stole Tim Burton's style!!!11

SnakeClock

Quote from: RonaldReaganClock;1581089OMG did you see that guy who did Coraline?!? he totally stole Tim Burton's style!!!11

This is less of an embellishment than it sounds. :(

TheCheshireClock

Quote from: Atrus;1581079He's one of those feverish Burtonophiles that thinks Burton can do no wrong. Cheshire thought that he directed The Nightmare Before Christmas before I corrected him.

I'm not a dumbass Snake, I knew Burton didn't direct Nightmare, you just felt the need to remind me that he didn't anyway. All I said was that he had a huge influence over Nightmare, and he did. And I'm not a feverish Burtonphile, and I know that some of he recent movies have been less that fantastic., I know Henry Selick directed Coraline, and is the genius behind most stop motion, and I'm not a faggy goth kid who hangs around hot topic and wears Jack Skellington T-shirts everyday,. Snake just has it in his head that because Nightmare is one of my favorite movies, and I tend to wear black a lot, I must be one of these:

People like that BOTHER me. They make me want to not like The Nightmare Before Christmas anymore.

The reason he never let me down before is because outside of The Batman movies (Which I've always viewed as 'okay'), Planet of The Apes (Which I viewed as AWFUL), and Big Fish (Which I just don't care about,) I'm a pretty big fan of his movies. I liked Sweeney Todd, I liked Corpse Bride, and yes, I even Liked Charlie and the Chocolate Factory.

SnakeClock

I admire your pragmatics. :)

I reserve little enthusiasm for Burton these days though, I must be honest. He's so stylized up his own butt, and he doesn't use that style to give his movies a certain Gothic charm, like in his earlier works. Now he just feels like he's playing the scales. His tendency to cast Johnny Depp all the time probably reflects this. _poogle_

On the subject of Big Fish, though, that was actually one of my favourite Burton movies as of late. It feels much more down-to-earth than his usual kerfuffle, and I admire his attempt to come out of his own conventions like that.

By the way, he's also not directing 9. :3

Munglai

Quote from: TheCheshireClock;1581112The reason he never let me down before is because outside of The Batman movies (Which I've always viewed as 'okay'), Planet of The Apes (Which I viewed as AWFUL), and Big Fish (Which I just don't care about,) I'm a pretty big fan of his movies. I liked Sweeney Todd, I liked Corpse Bride, and yes, I even Liked Charlie and the Chocolate Factory.

Really? I think Batman and Big Fish are two of his best.

Sweeney Todd was pretty entertaining but there wasn't much to it and Corpse Bride was pretty awful aside from a few nice bits of design stuff. I really think he's past his lost it a bit.

TheCheshireClock

Quote from: Munglai;1581124Really? I think Batman and Big Fish are two of his best.

Sweeney Todd was pretty entertaining but there wasn't much to it and Corpse Bride was pretty awful aside from a few nice bits of design stuff. I really think he's past his lost it a bit.

Not that Big Fish is bad, it just isn't my favorite.

Quote from: Atrus;1581123I admire your pragmatics. :)

I reserve little enthusiasm for Burton these days though, I must be honest. He's so stylized up his own butt, and he doesn't use that style to give his movies a certain Gothic charm, like in his earlier works. Now he just feels like he's playing the scales. His tendency to cast Johnny Depp all the time probably reflects this. _poogle_

On the subject of Big Fish, though, that was actually one of my favourite Burton movies as of late. It feels much more down-to-earth than his usual kerfuffle, and I admire his attempt to come out of his own conventions like that.

I KNOW HE ISN'T.

lol

TheCheshireClock

Quote from: Atrus;1581123I admire your pragmatics. :)

I KNOW HE ISN'T.

lol

SnakeClock

Quote from: TheCheshireClock;1581150I KNOW HE ISN'T.

lol

I know you know, I was just teasing.

:)

Biblo

why doesn't he just stop dancing around it and remake The Cabinet of Dr. Caligari?!

then we'll finally have just cause to set him on fire