News:

If you need instructions on how to get through the hotels, check out the enclosed instruction book.

Main Menu

Duke Nukem Forever

Farted by RobClock, September 03, 2010, 05:47:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RobClock

Got the press release about that demo news from yesterday;
2K Games and Gearbox Software  Announce the Duke Nukem ForeverÃ,® First Access Club; Included with Every  Copy of Borderlandsâ„¢ Game of the Year Edition
[/SIZE][/B]

Duke Nukem Forever First Access Club grants  members rights to exclusive items, including early access to the  playable demo before it is publicly released
[/B]

New York, NY ââ,¬â€œ October 05, 2010 ââ,¬â€œ 2K Games and Gearbox Software are  challenging gamers to the ultimate video game gun-fest with the  Borderlandsâ„¢ Game of the Year edition. Available beginning October 12  for the Xbox 360Ã,® video game and entertainment system from Microsoft and  PlayStationÃ,® 3 computer entertainment system for $59.99, and for PC for  $49.99, this package will come complete with the entire extravasplosive  Borderlands catalog and a free membership certificate for the Duke  Nukem ForeverÃ,® First Access Club. This certificate entitles owners who  register their unique key to a wealth of goodies, including early access  to a sneak peek of the legendary, long-awaited video game - Duke Nukem  Forever.  

Entry into this exclusive club will provide fans with the earliest  possible admittance to the Duke Nukem Forever playable demo and more.  When the demo releases prior to the retail launch of the game, this  select group of First Access Club members will be the first to play it  and experience the life of the King of All Shooters. Hail to the King,  baby!

Membership for the Duke Nukem ForeverÃ,® First Access Club is included  with Borderlands Game of the Year edition, where customers will be able  to experience the definitive, value-packed collection of the critically  acclaimed and best-selling Role-Playing-Shooter that has captured the  imagination and attention of single-player and cooperative gamers around  the world. Borderlands Game of the Year edition customers will also  receive access to all four explosive downloadable adventures including  The Zombie Island or Dr. Ned*, Mad Moxxiââ,¬â,,¢s Underdome Riot*, The Secret  Armory of General Knoxx*, and the latest wild adventure - Claptrapââ,¬â,,¢s New  Robot Revolution* - where players will join forces in an attempt to  suppress the infamous Interplanetary Ninja Assassin Claptrap.  

Borderlands, rated M for Mature by the ESRB, is currently available for  the Xbox 360, PlayStation 3 system and PC. The Zombie Island of Dr.  Ned**, Mad Moxxiââ,¬â,,¢s Underdome Riot**, The Secret Armory of General  Knoxx** and Claptrapââ,¬â,,¢s New Robot Revolution** add-on packs are all  available separately on the Xbox LIVE Marketplace for Xbox 360 for 800  Microsoft Points and on the PlayStation Network and PC for $9.99.

Duke Nukem Forever will officially make its eagerly anticipated debut  for the Xbox 360, PlayStation 3 system and Windows PC in calendar 2011.

*All downloadable game add-ons are accessed via a redeemable voucher  included in every copy of the game, standalone product required to  operate.

** Requires standalone Borderlands product in order to be played.

2K Games is a division of 2K, a publishing label of Take-Two Interactive Software, Inc. (NASDAQ: TTWO).

For more information, please visit www.borderlandsthegame.com and www.dukenukem.com.

NintendrCkolc

Maybe they'll just include it as some kind of redeemable code in the case?

Thunderbolt

Quote from: NINTY;1787993Maybe they'll just include it as some kind of redeemable code in the case?
I think this will be the case, just like the extra weapons from pre-ordering shooters.

RobClock

Quote...this package will come complete with the entire extravasplosive   Borderlands catalog and a free membership certificate for the Duke   Nukem ForeverÃ,® First Access Club. This certificate entitles owners who   register their unique key to a wealth of goodies, including early access   to a sneak peek of the legendary, long-awaited video game - Duke Nukem   Forever.
Way to read, guys. ;)

RobClock

Today in DNF news;
Randy Pitchford swears that all DNF preorders will be honored no-matter how long ago they were placed
and;
3D Realms lost "20-30 Million" on Duke Nukem Forever (Remember; DNF was entirely self funded in 3DR's reign)

Now, if you'll excuse me, I have to see if my father ever pre-ordered DNF...

RobClock

More news: Apparently, the reason that the DNF reveal trailer from PAX hasnt got put out because it's too crude and could actually get them in trouble.
QuoteAt a recent event in London, Pitchford asked journalists not to film  the new trailer that Gearbox had put together, saying that it didn't  want Take-Two to be "punished" for Gearbox's creativity.  The trailer  apparently featured: strippers, nudity, gratuitous swearing, curse words  rendered in massive letters, giant aliens getting punched in the junk  and Duke getting pleasured by two girls at once.  Demonstrating a  mastery of understatement, Pitchford said the ESRB and PEGI would likely  not approve of the content.
Sourcy-Source-Source

NintendrCkolc

the ESRB ratings should never apply to Duke Nukem. ever.

Amirite or amirite.

RobClock

Screenshots from the unreleased PAX trailer!Looks amazing.

General Graves from the 2001 trailer?

The freeze ray?

"Damn, I'm looking good."

TequilaClock

This comment comes out of nowhere, but I am glad that you are a fan even if you weren't "intellectually aware" by the time the authentic hype was on. I am fan of many things that existed even before I was born as well, so don't be let down by people telling you shit like YOU WERENT EVEN BORN DUDE WTF.

SO ANYWAYS, yeah this is looking promising. I was always more of the DOOM kid on the 90s, but this does look rad as fuck.

RobClock

Found some Demo footage from a german game-con. Shows off alot of weapons!
Quote from: TequilaClock;1788173This comment comes out of nowhere, but I am glad that you are a fan even if you weren't "intellectually aware" by the time the authentic hype was on. I am fan of many things that existed even before I was born as well, so don't be let down by people telling you shit like YOU WERENT EVEN BORN DUDE WTF.
Thanks, Tequila, I appreciate it. :)

NintendrCkolc

Quote from: TequilaClock;1788173This comment comes out of nowhere, but I am glad that you are a fan even if you weren't "intellectually aware" by the time the authentic hype was on. I am fan of many things that existed even before I was born as well, so don't be let down by people telling you shit like YOU WERENT EVEN BORN DUDE WTF.

The only reason I personally brought up his age in relation to Duke 3D was because the debate me and rob were having was based solely on Nostalgia. Soundblaster theme Vs. the Modern theme.

of course, this is all irrelevant now. DNF is all that matters.

VuBawlsClock

Giant titty monster? I gotta get this game now.
Fuck anonfrog

RobClock

There's now a big-ass link on the front of DukeNukemForever.com leading to THIS PAGE where you can redeem your "DNF first access pass".

One word: WANT

TequilaClock

Well looks like I have another excuse to buy Borderlands despite of my lack of money.

RobClock

what with that 'First Access Club' being active and all, here's the first bit of "exclusive" content.

and before you say anything; I haven't censored this picture. This is the image as Gearbox sent it out.