News:

If you need instructions on how to get through the hotels, check out the enclosed instruction book.

Main Menu

click here to log out

Farted by Losperman, November 01, 2005, 01:26:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ChocolateWaferClock

Quote from: NintendoClock on June 03, 2019, 11:39:27 AM
I farted
Quote from: RobClock on June 02, 2019, 06:02:16 PM
i made a bar/counter for the pallet wall around the fire pit

Quality nutting material from both of you mmmmmm I’m lovin it.
Tell Dumpster that his mom found the stash.

PhantomCatClock

Why stop at a fence? If you make an entire building out of it, maybe the neighbors will follow suit. Maybe Pallet Town can finally be realized.

Marlin Clock

Quote from: GreyClock on June 02, 2019, 07:59:15 AM
We're all around thirty years old now, right? You ever feel weird when you're looking at say a live performance of a band you really like and realizing you're older now than the performers were at the time? I guess it could also apply to watching current musicians who are younger than you, period. I can't put my finger on what the feeling actually is. Could be anything from slight envy to some sort of patronizing "good job kid" type thing. Whatever it is, it takes some of the enjoyment out of it.
You're realizing your existence as Dasein.

GreyClock

Quote from: Marlin Clock on June 04, 2019, 02:20:15 PMYou're realizing your existence as Dasein.
As someone who reads German, but is unfamiliar with the philosophical meanings of the word, that statement seems tautological. Please expound.

FLOUNDERMAN_CLOCK

I'm not sure what the concept of dasein means, but I think when you're younger bands seem like far off idols or demigods who's only function is music, they aren't people. the music can remain that way but once you get older you grow more aware of yourself others and your place in the world and it starts feeling weird like you described and suddenly they are people, and you can't appreciate them the same way. Especially if the lyrical content is exclusively about teenage/twenties life stuff. I find the effect is lessened by instrumental music or something in a language you dont understand. it's just "music" on it's own. at least that's how I see it after thinking about it for all of five minutes. I assume everything I just said is wildly incorrect. I'll probably change my mind about all of this in half an hour.

Marlin Clock

Quote from: GreyClock on June 04, 2019, 02:52:27 PM
Quote from: Marlin Clock on June 04, 2019, 02:20:15 PMYou're realizing your existence as Dasein.
As someone who reads German, but is unfamiliar with the philosophical meanings of the word, that statement seems tautological. Please expound.
It's Heidegger. Roughly it means the it who understands that it is. Fundamentally all rational humans are Dasein, but I think the kind of existential understanding of your changing place in the world is particularly Dasein.

RobClock

Quote from: PhantomCatClock on June 04, 2019, 12:28:04 PM
Why stop at a fence? If you make an entire building out of it, maybe the neighbors will follow suit. Maybe Pallet Town can finally be realized.

I would have thought I’d have shared a pic or two of the fire pit before. I’ll snap a couple when I swing by this week.

FLOUNDERMAN_CLOCK

oh no, you guys remember how Charles Barkley Shut Up and Jam Gaiden was gonna get a sequel via kickstarter?

it turns out all the original people from barkley 1 left and the development has been a clusterfuck for a long time. the only person left is a community manager who had nothing to do with the first time and has no writing drawing or coding experience. he "owned up" to the game not being made but didn't mention that he treated everyone else on the team like shit including the probono and OG dudes, and may have scared off some of the barkley 1 people to begin with. so basically it's an average kickstarted game. incompetent management employee mistreatment no game. standard procedure.

on a related apparently note the head guy tried to take down his old dilbert videos at some point before this? what a shame.

RenegadeClock

I'm falling out of my chair here....

[u2]zf67PSdpwMU[/u2]

Marlin Clock

There’s been like three great Kickstarter games, and two were made by already existing studios. Kickstarter’s done as a platform.

VCRClock

Quote from: FLOUNDERMAN_CLOCK on June 04, 2019, 04:46:01 PM
Especially if the lyrical content is exclusively about teenage/twenties life stuff.

I keep this pretty well in hand by continuing to have teenage problems 👌

Quote from: RenegadeClock on June 05, 2019, 12:17:32 AM
I'm falling out of my chair here....

me, a paramedic: *twists rope* dis gon b gud

Quote from: Marlin Clock on June 05, 2019, 03:49:31 AM
There’s been like three great Kickstarter games, and two were made by already existing studios. Kickstarter’s done as a platform.

Honestly, Kickstarter is a terrible way to fund something like a game, where the creators don't actually know how long it's going to take, how much money they're going to need, what drama is going to blow the thing apart, et cetera. It's much better for "we've designed a product but we're going to need at least $x to get some manufactured; if we can't make $x never mind."

I've seen game developer Patreons go well, where it's possible to release alpha builds and show supporters that work is being done. Those have usually been like "I have a real job but I'd rather be making games kick me a few dollars a month so I can spend more time on it." When things go south, the creator can put the Patreon on hold or backers can pull out, but it's not quite like "I GAVE YOU $500 YOU PROMISED ME A GAME AND A BODY PILLOW."
<Marlin Clock> This thread seems proof positive that divisiveness at any level is usually bad for the Clock Crew.
<PhantomCatClock> are we talking about the same clock crew

miracle fruit

so  i finally drank an irn bru and its cream soda. irn bru clock died in a car accident for this.

PhantomCatClock

GreyClock

Repetition is the uhh... key to... repetition uhhhh... is the key uhh... re-repetition is the key to uhh... uhhhhhh...

GreyClock

GreyClock

Post the coolest thing that's ever happened to you.

RobClock

Quote from: GreyClock on June 07, 2019, 04:00:58 PM
Post the coolest thing that's ever happened to you.

I touched a boob once

Like a big one

Not my moms

RobClock

Quote from: RobClock on June 04, 2019, 06:10:11 PM
I would have thought I’d have shared a pic or two of the fire pit before. I’ll snap a couple when I swing by this week.

some photos https://imgur.com/a/6gZJ8fd

in a state of rearrangement at the moment, so a bit messier than usual.

PhantomCatClock

talking about touching big boobs and your next post says "SOME PHOTOS [link]"

god