News:

If you need instructions on how to get through the hotels, check out the enclosed instruction book.

Main Menu

click here to log out

Farted by Losperman, November 01, 2005, 01:26:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

EvilBeanClock and 12 Guests are viewing this topic.

VCRClock

contrary to popular understanding, the 'turbo' button actually slows the clock crew's processor down

most of the time when i have to go in and repair a crashed database table i find that pcat has taped down the turbo button again
<Marlin Clock> This thread seems proof positive that divisiveness at any level is usually bad for the Clock Crew.
<PhantomCatClock> are we talking about the same clock crew

PhantomCatClock

i'll crash the database over and over, that button makes my bike go faster

Slurpee

FLOUNDERMAN_CLOCK

RobClock

What did everyone get for Christmas?

I got a second hand Carhartt jacket, matching Dakota coveralls, a new trimmer for my face, and $150 in Home Depot gift cards

PhantomCatClock

RobClock

RobClock

I shot off an email to an animation studio in my province seeking employment opportunity and I've got this gut feeling like I just walked up to the hottest girl at a bar and asked if I could buy her a drink

PhantomCatClock

PhantomCatClock

Quote from: RobClock on December 28, 2022, 01:43:50 PMI shot off an email to an animation studio in my province seeking employment opportunity and I've got this gut feeling like I just walked up to the hottest girl at a bar and asked if I could buy her a drink

I had the job I'm about to start handed to me on a silver platter and I still felt like that for days after the interview

RobClock

Quote from: PhantomCatClock on December 28, 2022, 01:49:53 PM..was that actually you playing the other release at the end?

It's all me playing. After the cutoff where there's no commentary, it's actually footage i recorded at like 1am the night before- I was using OBS to record because fraps wouldn't pick it up for some reason, and i didn't realize until after i had been playing for two hours that i had forgotten to toggle my microphone on in the broadcast settings.

Here's the video btw

Slurpee

Quote from: RobClock on December 28, 2022, 07:50:36 AMWhat did everyone get for Christmas?

I got a second hand Carhartt jacket, matching Dakota coveralls, a new trimmer for my face, and $150 in Home Depot gift cards
I got a fuzzy jacket where the fuzz actually goes inside of the sleeves instead of that weird non-breathing plastic lining that most fuzzy jackets get, which was something I was randomly bitching about, having no idea that the person I was bitching to would go and hunt one with fuzzy sleeves down just because they love me 😋

I also got some cool books and comics

these I actually asked for, because my rich ass family still demands that I give them a christmas list and they get mad if it's not at least a few hundred dollars
so even though the last thing I need to fill the hole inside of my heart is more stuff, I take it as a opportunity to ask for a bunch of things that on my own terms I'd have considered to be too self-indulgent to buy

this is the inside of The Resurrectionist:

which is obviously rad, but I don't want to make it seem too cool, because the paper feels weirdly cheap, like a bootleg pokemon card? and I haven't actually read it yet- apparently it does have a narrative of sorts
it could just be a book with some cool anatomy drawings of fictional beasts but other than that isn't actually very cool. will report back

I got this absolute behemoth:

(harmonica for scale)
which now I feel obligated to actually play, so I'm probably gonna have to see if I can bug one of my old friends to play it with me. I've had like two in-person social gatherings with non-family over the last two years and every time I think of interacting with somebody outside of school or the doctor's office I feel like some kind of gawky, well-meaning blind albino cave mutant that's crawled into a nearby city. "heya folks, how's it going"

this was not technically a gift, I bought it for myself but I want to show it off anyway:

it's a photographic essay documenting the walled city of kowloon, with most of the photographs taken and investigation done just before it was demolished

for those who don't know, kowloon walled city was basically Peach Trees from the movie Dredd, but without all the nice wide open spaces

so effin cool

I also got Everything Everywhere All at Once on blu-ray, a volume of Pluto because at some point I flipped from "read it online for free, duh" to "I must have this in my library", like 15 pairs of socks (thank christ), and, for the things I didn't ask for, two enormous boxes of Waffle Crisp cereal (perfect, no notes), a pair of grounding gloves (also perfect, I was just about to buy a pair of those for myself),
aaaand a knife. because in my family, we like to buy each other weapons 👍

RobClock

I've been meaning to get myself a nice pocket knife. I've got a few swiss army knives, a real nice bowie knife, but nothing i can just clip in a pants/jacket pocket and use for practical things.

very cool book haul, great art on display. The resurrectionist looks really intriguing, post an update when you dig into it fully!

Slurpee

PhantomCatClock

Slurpee

some people have rigged the enemy base with explosives. phantomcat has.

VCRClock

I am glad you both got good gifts, particularly the jackets. (the walled city book is also very tite)

I did not get a jacket for Christmas this year, but my jacket story is: several years ago I wanted a work mug™, so I went to the thrift store and I bought one of those old mugs personalized with someone's name on it in Old English letters above the design. Quit the job and kept the mug, but since I have other mugs at home it mostly sat unused in my cupboard. A couple years and a couple jobs later, I open the cupboard and realize I now work with someone whose name is the one on the mug. So I gifted him the mug randomly, and then a few months later he got me back with a secondhand jacket that's not only my size, but looks like something I would have bought for myself. It is a beautiful thing

the Christmas haul: I too have a family that bugs me when I do not have anything on a wishlist. I feel their pain because I mostly do not know what to get them when they do not have anything on their wishlists. The difference is I would rather not buy a gift than guess

items bought from my wishlist:

(several volumes of) this compilation of song poems, a form of outsider music

This hasn't come in the mail yet, so I don't know if it's even good. I saw a copy at a record store, flipped it over, it's like horn rock or prog or something from Nebraska, record store's price was $50 but it was on Discogs for $20 so I wishlisted it ok

greetings fellow nerd's. 🤓🤓🤓 did you know, that upright open magazine files are not the best way to store your funnily-sized floppy publications? instead, store them laid flat in a box that is more expensive than a regular box because it is archival. I got this idea from an actual librarian. if this isn't more exciting to see under the tree than a nintendo 64 I don't know what is

also ever since their release I had wanted to buy these nice blu-rays covering the career of filmmaker Doris Wishman, but the thing is she liked making these movies with naked ladies in them, and my family are decent people. so I didn't put those on my wishlist exactly, but I asked for a Vinegar Syndrome gift card, so I could get those and whatever other physical release of a restoration of a crummy trash movie I decide I can't live without this year. I ended up with gift cards from more than one person, but fortunately it is not a hard place to spend money

The most fun I have as a gift recipient is when some motherfucker thinks they know me, and they're right, and they gift me an "I didn't even know I wanted that" kind of thing. This is also the energy I strive for when giving gifts, like, "you're not gonna see this coming." But the flip side of that coin is that it's depressing when someone in my family disables aimbot and sends me something far off the mark. If you guess what I'd like and you're right, great, you've proved you understand something about what makes me happy. If you guess what I'd like and you're close, but I don't actually like the item, I appreciate the effort, maybe you don't really understand me but you're trying. If you send me something and I'm struggling to understand how you could have come to the conclusion that I'd enjoy it at all, I now feel like you don't understand me at all, but you're willing to spend money on a bad guess in order to... what are we doing here? Maintain a relationship? Check a box? I'd sort of rather receive nothing than a gift that makes me feel like someone who's known me for most of my life doesn't know who I am. I don't know if it's my fault for not staying in touch and doing more regular character exposition monologues, or if it'd keep happening even with more monologues
<Marlin Clock> This thread seems proof positive that divisiveness at any level is usually bad for the Clock Crew.

PhantomCatClock

As a friend who wants to see you succeed, and who loves you enough to point out the things everybody else feels too uncomfortable to let you know, sometimes you can be a complete mood. A total vibe.

PhantomCatClock

VCRClock

ok first place in the race to watch a chinese ghost story 2 goes to: vcrclock

this is maybe not really my genre, the plot/characters didn't really grip me and the humor seemed a little flat, but yeah there's some grody monsters who drip tapioca pudding and i feel like a huge part of the budget must have been all the breakaway set pieces and explosions

also it'd be cool if being a buddhist monk was as cool as it is in this movie... oh yeah the chief difference between the sects is i like to handle my business with a freeze spell and hadouken, and you like to make 10000 swords that double as hoverboards appear out of thin air

moral of story is: if you ever fall in love with a ghost bitch named Susan, but she's unavailable because she's dead (and if she were to reincarnate as mortal, it's suggested, she'd be a baby), and you happen to meet someone who looks exactly like her, the way to bag the doppelganger is to start calling her Susan and repeatedly demonstrate that you're totally not over Susan at all. yeah kinda sucks to be Not Susan tbh, but is tagging along with a guy who loves his ex preferable to a loveless arranged marriage? find out in the final two minutes