News:

If you need instructions on how to get through the hotels, check out the enclosed instruction book.

Main Menu

ClockCrew Game (3rd person)

Farted by CheeseSteakClock, January 04, 2013, 04:20:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

CheeseSteakClock

I am in the process of making a clock crew game featuring as many clocks as I can manage to model.  Here is some footage of what I have so far.  The game is run by the unity engine and the models are made from blender.

Gameplay:
[video=youtube;V87_FLLANT8]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V87_FLLANT8[/video]

Characters:
Here are the clocks that I have and am currently still working on.

Strawberry Clock:


Iron Clock:


Orange Clock:


Patriot Clock:


Poptart Clock:


Story:
So the idea was that you guys could make the story through a collab and we can play each of your cut scenes in the game.  The current story idea is that the "B" is what keeps clocks from dying and one day a clock is found dead and now its up to the clock crew to figure out who stole the "B" and bring him/her to justice.  
EDIT: I forgot to mention that I am trying to make the cut scenes be done in flash so I want/need people to make cut scenes and then I will ad them into the game at the appropiate parts.  Its still early plot wise but there will be at the very least three scenes as of now.

The intro:
     clock dying, and everyone realizing the "B" was stolen and whatever else you would like to add.

The middle:
     The discovery of who stole it.

Before boss fight:
     Obviously the scene right before the final boss fight.

After boss fight:
     The scene after the .. ah you get it.

And many more in between.  I think it would be awesome to have you guys make the scenes not to mention it would make it easier for me.  So if you have an idea and really want to make one of the parts let me know.  Also if you have an idea for another part let me know and I'll add it if it makes sense to the rest of the plot or if I find it hilarious.

You
So tell me what you think.  Any ideas, constructive criticisms or concerns are welcomed.  If you would like to be a part of this let me know and what it is you would like to do.  If you want me to teach you something about modeling, scripting, how to use blender, unity or whatever just post and I will respond as soon as I can.




UPDATE=========================================

Current gameplay:
[video=youtube;onQYkDgS-vU]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=onQYkDgS-vU&feature=youtu.be[/video]

Pez Animations:
[video=youtube;Z-C8roPxE0k]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z-C8roPxE0k&feature=youtu.be[/video]
Patriot suggested that I add pez shooting pez candy it would be funny.  So I am working on adding it in as maybe a way to get health back like a health dispenser or something.

Things done:
So I added more clocks and added the ability to shoot.  Also the movement, while not animated, is better.  Previously the moving animation was strawberry jumping as he walked but the actual object that detected collisions, the collider, did not jump it just glided along the ground.  Not the collider actually jumps up with sbc.  However this means I must now animate sb differently because the animation can no longer be of him jumping or else it would look like sb is a lot higher then he really is because he would move up then on top of that the animation would make him jump.  

Shooting has been added which was a little more involved then I thought.  In a 3rd person shooter there is a cross hair but making that cross hair an actual accurate representation of where you are shooting is a bit tricky.  If you want me to explain it I can but I feel that most of you are not that interested so I will just omit that part.

Bugs:
   - There are a few bugs regarding collisions between projectiles and other objects.  
   - I also need to hammer out a few problems with the shooting.
   - The Materials don't match up correctly if you didn't notice patriots hat was yellow when it
         should be blue and pop tarts clock was pink because its using the wrong material for so          me reason. Also I need to finish iron so he is all together and not all split up                         (Not really a bug but stuff I need to fix)

YOU:
If you would like to be put into this I would like you to just pm me saying that you want your clock in this.  This way I can get the people in that want to be and not just add random clocks.  Also I'm getting to the part where I actually need a story and objective for the game.  Patriot is the main story guy but if you have any ideas please post.  Also who should be the main bad guy?  I was thinking it could be those things from reverse the flash that are all black with those blue lines on them.  But an actual enemy of the clock crew might be better. Open to sugestions.

d u m p y


PhantomCatClock

Haha, holy crap. This is a great idea! Good luck with it. I like the story, too even though some of us were always dead. I'd offer to help but it sounds like you've already got the programmin' handled and I'm not an artist at all

pop-tart

Wow.. this is great stuff.

I want to be in the game.

AbbaZabaClock

Once im done messing with blender and I make a model I is downnnnnnnnnnnnnnn.
We\'ll be back shortly.

BoomStick Clock


AbbaZabaClock

Quote from: BoomStick Clock;1935919:00000

straight grindcore on that sig, random as fuck
We\'ll be back shortly.

patriotclock

:lo5:

I still need to hammer out the plot like who goes where and does what, but it based on an idea I sent to IronClock to do years ago that he said was too long :(

PezClock

After the b was stolen sbc and orange went on a quest to find B, to heal the clock.

Fax Clock

Don't like so much Unity Engine, most of the games created with that have a really bad camera, hope this will not be one of them. Anyway, still awesome, keep going man

Thor

woah this is cool. I will be monitoring this thread
Quote from: MafiaMettaurWhat the hell is with that shit you posted? You know what, I'm joining the Locks, just to stop stuff like you!
Quote from: polyhedronclockYou're a fucking clock, what else do you have?
To be fair, you don't have anything. Clocks are just machines that tick.

RobClock

Damn, man, this is some ambitious stuff. I really like that walk cycle you've got going there. I'd be very much interested in helping in whatever way I can, if you'd so desire it.

AnkhClock

Looks cool! Good luck.

I'm always worried these sorts of awesome Clock Crew ideas will never materialize.



I1I1I1I1I1I1I11111I1I1I1IIIIIII1I1I1I1I11I

Quote from: PezDispenserclock;1948598Abba, I might not smoke weed, but I experiancing it being hit with a crowbar on a modded TTT server. Flashing colours, screen flipped, screen flying. Yup, I know how it\'s like.

I1I1I1I1I1I1I11111I1I1I1IIIIIII1I1I1I1I11I

Put this on steam and profit man. I would already buy it as is.
Quote from: PezDispenserclock;1948598Abba, I might not smoke weed, but I experiancing it being hit with a crowbar on a modded TTT server. Flashing colours, screen flipped, screen flying. Yup, I know how it\'s like.

BilliardBall10

i would like to be in!
also, i may suggest:

-voice acting. for cut-scenes, and some voice-overs for ''injured'' and ''dying'' sounds, as well a voice for the SBC ''super-power'' ''kamaneyama''.
-weapons. prefferably melee weapons, like SBC's staff of B, sage-clocks's staff of wisdom, knight-clock's cobaltium sword, and bb10's steel sword.
-bonus stages. because evry game needs one.

and achievements/medals/easter eggs.

k -i raise dragons. here we go -click HERE- i mean click the eggs -and the dragons, until they become  adults.

BoltClock

This is so awesome. I'm not sure it'd even be in my league to have a part in this! Either way I hope your project sees fruition (lol) and we all get to play it!

Also I like how you tried to kill SBC and found out that, in fact, you cannot kill SBC.
Latest Flash: Clock Day '23: 18 Years of BoltClawk
Latest Collab: The Clock Tower
Upcoming Flash: BoltClock: Origins Part 3

RIP old siggy

DurianClock

This looks extremely promising and I look forward to seeing this project flourish! I'd be willing to help in any flash animation/art that I can! Full on scenes or parts of scenes even.

Chalk Clock

I can't even imagine the amount of time and effort you have put into this project so far. kudos to you for having the dedication to create something so good. I wish you the best of luck with this. you have real talent.

CheeseSteakClock

Thank you all for enthusiasm and can wait to get this going.  Added pop-tart since his was really easy.  If you are really interested in working on this pm me and tell me what you want to do or if you want to do something but you need me to teach you a little first either way just let me know. Again thanks for all of the attention this got.