News:

If you need instructions on how to get through the hotels, check out the enclosed instruction book.

Main Menu

Imported audio pitch issues

Farted by FLOUNDERMAN_CLOCK, August 04, 2020, 05:32:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FLOUNDERMAN_CLOCK

Okay so I've been struggling with this for a while now and cant figure out what the issue is. When I import audio into flash, a good chunk of the music I try comes out with the pitch fucked up and it plays slower. Any time I find a thread asking about this issue, they're told to change the audio to 44.1khz 16-bitpcm, but this doesn't fix the problem. Though curiously I can reproduce the problem in audacity by changing it to 44.1 after pasting the audio in instead of before. Before, the audio isn't damaged by audacity, but still is by flash once imported.

Has anyone else dealt with this? I'm missing out on some damn fine soundtrack choices here.

PhonographClock

I get this issue often too. Usually what I do is open up the music or sound I want to use in audacity, and at the bottom left set the "project rate" to 22050 and then export as wav. That tends to fix the slowdown. Give that a try.

Slurpee

are you one of the people that's still using flash 8? I used to have this problem in like flash mx or something but it disappeared by the time I was using cs6 or whatever

probably not helpful but yeah the solution that worked for me was fiddling with the sample rate either in the file's info from the library or in the export settings. it was also important to check a little checkbox that said "override something something"? (or uncheck it, I can't remember)
the emergency escape solution was putting every sound into one big audio file
these are all terrible solutions, but that!s flash

FLOUNDERMAN_CLOCK

Quote from: PhonographClock on August 04, 2020, 05:46:24 PM
I get this issue often too. Usually what I do is open up the music or sound I want to use in audacity, and at the bottom left set the "project rate" to 22050 and then export as wav. That tends to fix the slowdown. Give that a try.
you just saved my currently existing bacon and any further bacon I produce in the future thanks a million  :lo5:

Quote from: Slurpee on August 04, 2020, 05:58:58 PM
are you one of the people that's still using flash 8? I used to have this problem in like flash mx or something but it disappeared by the time I was using cs6 or whatever

probably not helpful but yeah the solution that worked for me was fiddling with the sample rate either in the file's info from the library or in the export settings. it was also important to check a little checkbox that said "override something something"? (or uncheck it, I can't remember)
the emergency escape solution was putting every sound into one big audio file
these are all terrible solutions, but that!s flash
I had to do the one big audio file thing back when I used 6 and 7. I didn't even upgrade until cs5.5 and I'm still using that, I don't have to combine audio anymore but I guess this particular issue wasn't solved until cs6.

FLOUNDERMAN_CLOCK

also there's three places to change that number and only ONE of them actually fixes the problem what the hell

PhantomCatClock

My copy is falling apart and the sound import was the latest thing to go. Issues similar to yours, but for me it's just any WAV will fix it. Any other format? Fuck you

PolyhedronClock

Quote from: FLOUNDERMAN_CLOCK on August 04, 2020, 06:05:46 PM
also there's three places to change that number and only ONE of them actually fixes the problem what the hell

RobClock

this thread was super helpful because I've been having this issue (flash 8 obv) for the better part of the last year