News:

If you need instructions on how to get through the hotels, check out the enclosed instruction book.

Main Menu

leekclock makes the worst fucking forum layouts

Farted by TequilaClock, June 25, 2008, 11:51:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FluxCapacitorClock

It doesn't matter what our machines are like. Something as simple as a BBS should be able to run on a wide array of systems, including shitty ones. It's not some top-of-the-line piece of internet software that requires DirectX 10 and Pixel shader 2.0. It's a simple Forum, it should be able to run on Windows 98 if people need it to.

AlbinoClock

TequilaClock

Quote from: Mosrhun;1346208What year is it. Oh thats right 2008. Not 1998. You can get a piece of shit computer for $400 and run this forum.
Asides XP is pretty much the new 98. Its the wild card in operating systems these days.

crock pot pot roadt

Quote from: weenie roast;1346219

whats that supposed to mean

GreyClock

Quote from: Δ;1346151not even going to bother nominating myself because leek would never ever do it regardless of how many people keep saying i should be a mod or admin
Should have thought of future career aspirations before pruning the forums he he.

SeedClock

I would run but noone would seriously vote for me on the account that people think i am a bad poster
Signature Too Large

FluxCapacitorClock

Quote from: Mosrhun;1346208What year is it. Oh thats right 2008. Not 1998. You can get a piece of shit computer for $400 and run this forum.

Not everyone has $400 to blow out their ass for the sake of a forum not wanting to implement a simpler layout. Most of us are in the high school to college age group.

Personally, I have XP and I play Team Fortress 2 and blahdy blahdy blah, I don't have a shit computer and my resolution is a classic 1024x768. That doesn't mean though that the forum should be fucked up for people who do have a shit computer or a less conventional resolution. Also, I've always thought the dashboard and the click-then-search thing were terrible. Our content shouldn't be hidden like that.

Steve

i swapped to cabin fever because i got bored of a side toolbar and the same layout for over a year.

Kombucha

AlbinoClock

yeah this is one of the slowest sites i use

Marlin Clock

This is weird then, because I've always viewed my computer as crappy, but it does a good job at loading .cc.

Steve

peyoteclock

Quote from: balutbalutbalutbalut;1346261yeah this is one of the slowest sites i use

yeah it's incredibly slow, on some days unloadable for me but i always blamed that on our servers, although i'm sure some of that is due to the graphics intensive layouts.

since we're complaining cabin fever rarely renders properly in ubuntu running firefox, part of it is the transparent .swfs i don't know what the other part is but the header rarely aligns correctly.

Marlin Clock

Steve

AlbinoClock

it absolutely hates it when i jack up font sizes and everything breaks. Also our content is inaccessible, the front page is clunky, and the groups layout is fucked.

ArcticSwirlClock

PS: the CC site is lightning fast for me.

CaramelAppleClock

Quote from: Mosrhun;1346188<-- 1440x900

16:10

Quote from: Bjggs;1346190me2

:hi5:

BunnyClock

I totally agree triangle should be an admin he is the best clock!

WiiClock

HELLO EVERYONE.