News:

If you need instructions on how to get through the hotels, check out the enclosed instruction book.

Main Menu

goddamnit why didn't anybody tell me how awesome sant'ignazio is?

Farted by Slurpee, July 13, 2008, 01:19:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Bigglesnoots

Quote from: HeinekenClock;1361793Fuck yer it was cubism:

http://nl.wikipedia.org/wiki/Afbeelding:Juan_Gris_002.jpg
anything can be considered cubism as long as it has squares / cubes in them!
Quote from: Zombie Lincoln;1601675Waiting around to die is the most socially acceptable method of suicide, and it always works.

HeinekenClock

Quote from: Maddox;1361794anything can be considered cubism as long as it has squares / cubes in them!
No actually.

Slurpee

Quote from: Maddox;1361794anything can be considered cubism as long as it has squares / cubes in them!
I thought cubism was just when you do the same thing from three different perspectives.


also abstract expressionism is what makes the average person think that modern art is rich pretentious idiots thinking way too hard about dumb scribble scrabbles, because it pretty much is 70% of the time

my art loving friends try to sell me on pollack
but I would totally go to the bathroom on that guy.

PropagandaClock

The St:Peter's church in rome is beyond epic.
By far the most awesome thing I have yet to seen and I have travelled to all continents and 27 different countries.
[flash]http://files.myfrogbag.com/ses6on/Space.swf Width=450 height=175[/flash]

AMPEEEM

Quote from: SLURPEE;1361645(I found out the statue of zeus at olympia doesn't exist anymore like two months ago)

Thats super lame.

DWARFINATORclock


WarCorrespondentClock

Quote from: SLURPEE;1362124I thought cubism was just when you do the same thing from three different perspectives.
 
 

 
Cubism is when you use inorganic lines for organic shapes.
So straight lines for a human face.

Slurpee

Quote from: WarCorrespondent;1362337Cubism is when you use inorganic lines for organic shapes.
So straight lines for a human face.
no

no, there's no way that's correct.

Bigglesnoots

Quote from: WikiIn cubist artworks, objects are broken up, analyzed, and re-assembled in an abstracted form—instead of depicting objects from one viewpoint, the artist depicts the subject from a multitude of viewpoints to represent the subject in a greater context. Often the surfaces intersect at seemingly random angles, removing a coherent sense of depth. The background and object planes interpenetrate one another to create the shallow ambiguous space, one of cubism's distinct characteristics.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cubism

That's essentially deforming everything into squares, cubes, rectangles and whatnot.

I was just getting at the fact that what Heineken described in post 20 aren't the characteristics of cubism. They just happen to be contained in a painting that has cubistic approaches too.
Quote from: Zombie Lincoln;1601675Waiting around to die is the most socially acceptable method of suicide, and it always works.

Slurpee

Quote from: Maddox;1362404That's essentially deforming everything into squares, cubes, rectangles and whatnot.
no it isn't did you even read what you quoted
Quoteinstead of depicting objects from one viewpoint, the artist depicts the subject from a multitude of viewpoints
I was pretty much right
where does it say anything about squares and cubes.

HeinekenClock

Quote from: Maddox;1362404http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cubism

That's essentially deforming everything into squares, cubes, rectangles and whatnot.

I was just getting at the fact that what Heineken described in post 20 aren't the characteristics of cubism. They just happen to be contained in a painting that has cubistic approaches too.
"In cubist artworks, objects are broken up, analyzed, and re-assembled in an abstracted form"

That's what I was saying, objects bleeding into each other and what slurpee said having multiple viewpoints.

It doesn't neccissarily have to be broken into cubes and squares, that's just one of the things that happens in a lot of cubist works.

DigitalLemonClock

I advise you buy a good book or something if you're interested instead of measuring your ability to interpet wikipedia
BAN EVERYBODY

GodClock

Sw@g
Quote from: Kodiakclock;1893997godclock probably now that I think about it. We could bro it out he could learn me how to surf and then we cruise bro our way out of there into brosville

HeinekenClock

Quote from: DigitalLemonClock;1362428I advise you buy a good book or something if you're interested instead of measuring your ability to interpet wikipedia
If I was going to quote any of the books it's sort of hard to translate into english and it's most probably a book neither update or slurpee have so they can quote another paragraph, proving me wrong.

Slurpee

Quote from: DigitalLemonClock;1362428I advise you buy a good book or something if you're interested instead of measuring your ability to interpet wikipedia
it would be cool if somebody who knows what they're talking about would just tell me instead.

I seriously doubt anything as much as a high school art history class would leave somebody under-qualified to provide a simple fucking one or two sentence definition of cubism

motherfuckers make it impossible to have a casual interest in something jesus christ

HeinekenClock

Quote from: SLURPEE;1362436I seriously doubt anything as much as a high school art history class would leave somebody under-qualified to provide a simple fucking one or two sentence definition of cubism

Art history is actually part of my college course except that I've only had it once a week last year. Maybe next year I'll know some more.

Bigglesnoots

Quote from: SLURPEE;1362405no it isn't did you even read what you quoted
oh no look I didn't I just took a piece of text at random and pasted it in here :rolleyes:
Quote from: SLURPEE;1362405I was pretty much right
I didn't say you were wrong

Quote from: SLURPEE;1362405where does it say anything about squares and cubes.
Quote from: HeinekenClock;1362425"In cubist artworks, objects are broken up, analyzed, and re-assembled in an abstracted form"
The maximum dimensions of "space" is a cube.
Whenever we look at an object, it's enclosed by squares and/or rectangles to comprise the object within a minimum of room, a stretched out cube, if you will.
When the cubist artist starts to break up the object and starts rearranging them, flattening them or placing them in a different perspective, he also deforms, cuts up and alters the squares and/or rectangels surrounding those pieces of objects, and in essence, rearranges them too on his canvas. The artist could draw the stretched out cubes around every piece of object when he's finished placing those pieces (which is pictured most of the time in paintings. But just because of the view on art -  if you'll excuse the choice of words - by the cubist artists, the perspective is lost).


Quote from: HeinekenClock;1362425That's what I was saying, objects bleeding into each other
I'm sorry but "bleeding into eachother" really doesn't sound like " objects are broken up, analyzed, and re-assembled in an abstracted form"
Quote from: Zombie Lincoln;1601675Waiting around to die is the most socially acceptable method of suicide, and it always works.

HeinekenClock

Quote from: Maddox;1362465I'm sorry but "bleeding into eachother" really doesn't sound like " objects are broken up, analyzed, and re-assembled in an abstracted form"

These are objects broken up, analyzed and re-assembled in an abstracted form

These are objects that look like they're bleeding into each other

Bigglesnoots

Quote from: HeinekenClock;1362469These are objects broken up, analyzed and re-assembled in an abstracted form

These are objects that look like they're bleeding into each other
HeinekenClock

A complete idiot



It's the other way around
just like all wheels are round, but not all round things are wheels.

that image just happens to have rearranged objects bleeding into eachother, but like I said, that's not a characteristic of cubism, per se.
Quote from: Zombie Lincoln;1601675Waiting around to die is the most socially acceptable method of suicide, and it always works.

Slurpee

you know all I really ask is a little brevity, and some information from people who know what they're talking about I really don't need huge piles of bullshit covering up smaller ones just because you guys don't know how to have a simple fucking discussion not exacerbate into a contest for who can make the biggest pile of bullshit

if you don't know what you're talking about you could at least be a cool dude like GodClock no you got to try to be full of the most bullshit so everybody will be impressed with you

UPDATE NICE COMPLETE FAILURE TO EXPLAIN HOW YOU DEDUCED THIS:
QuoteThat's essentially deforming everything into squares, cubes, rectangles and whatnot.
FROM THIS:
QuoteIn cubist artworks, objects are broken up, analyzed, and re-assembled in an abstracted form—instead of depicting objects from one viewpoint, the artist depicts the subject from a multitude of viewpoints to represent the subject in a greater context. Often the surfaces intersect at seemingly random angles, removing a coherent sense of depth. The background and object planes interpenetrate one another to create the shallow ambiguous space, one of cubism's distinct characteristics.


I'll just ask my friend paul and take his word as gospel

jesus fucking christ. die, thread.