News:

If you need instructions on how to get through the hotels, check out the enclosed instruction book.

Main Menu

The Importance of WALL•E

Farted by SnakeClock, December 19, 2008, 10:41:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

TequilaClock

Also on the topic of Finding Nemo, my father, who is a dentist,  was thinking about getting a fish tank for his waiting room but rejected it for being too much responsibility

Topcatyo

My dad, a dentist, had a ginormous fish tank in his room.
All the fish have died by now, I believe.  They lasted a long, long time.

FileCabinetClock

Quote from: Clayman;1476062Well... I loved Finding Nemo´s visual effects

Yeah, but that's not the point. I like Toy Story but the CGI looks like ass compared to what we can do today. A good movie is good writing and good acting, not good visuals.
the man, the legend

TequilaClock

I already know that. But holy shit that was some water dude.

FileCabinetClock

Quote from: Clayman;1476576I already know that. But holy shit that was some water dude.

Finding Nemo changed the way I saw water forever
the man, the legend

Marlin Clock

My orthodontist has a tank filled with piranhas.

Just thought I'd say that.

FileCabinetClock

Quote from: Da Coach;1477613My orthodontist has a tank filled with piranhas.

Just thought I'd say that.

you have a fucking cool orthodontist
the man, the legend

RomanClock

WallE is great. I'd like to see Pixar try out a more sinister action adventure type movie just to see how they would handle it.
lemayo lol :soups:

Kombucha

An upcoming Pixar movie uses sex as a major part of the plot.

HeinekenClock

On another note has anyone seen happy feet?

It has to be the absolute worst disney film I ever saw, with only mexican penguins to make it a little worthwhile.

SnakeClock

Quote from: HeinekenClock;1477946On another note has anyone seen happy feet?

It has to be the absolute worst disney film I ever saw, with only mexican penguins to make it a little worthwhile.

Happy Feet wasn't made by Disney. It was made by an Australian animation studio called Animal Logic and distributed by Warner Bros.

But I will have to agree with you.

Biblo

Quote from: FileCabinetClock;1476570Yeah, but that's not the point. I like Toy Story but the CGI looks like ass compared to what we can do today. A good movie is good writing and good acting, not good visuals.

sorry, you must be thinking of a radio play

Poltergeist

Quote from: RomanClock;1477801WallE is great. I'd like to see Pixar try out a more sinister action adventure type movie just to see how they would handle it.

Pixars moive after UP and before Toy Story 3 is about the 1924 San Fransisco earthquake

Bigglesnoots

I wanted a little WALL•E figure, but they were all sold out :(
Quote from: Zombie Lincoln;1601675Waiting around to die is the most socially acceptable method of suicide, and it always works.

Munglai

On a side note I only just realised that the captain is Jeff from Curb Your Enthusiasm

MarshmallowClock

Quote from: TremcladClock;1474390Considering the colossal size of the merchandising campaign surrounding it and the extent to which it's being praised and capitalised on; yes, It's overrated.

I concur entirely.

It seems that in the last oh... 10 years, Pixar has gone from being a really good source of appealing-to-all shorts that display a lot of intellect and meaning to being a source of gold-plated turds.

By which I mean, they have crapped out maybe 10 movies in the last 5-6 years (if I'm not accidentally exaggerating) and of the 10 about 2 are actually watchable. The rest are shitty "I wish I didn't sit through that" kids movies.

So I mean sure every now and then Pixar does stumble across a good idea but overall they come out with so much crap that it seems really "hit-and-miss" in terms of how they make money. Like they either make a shit ton of money and make a lot of buzz for a while (see Wall E or Finding Nemo) or they just fail miserably.

What I'm trying to say is original Pixar shorts display a shit ton more meaning than any of these crapshite movies.

Maltese

Quote from: HeinekenClock;1477946On another note has anyone seen happy feet?

It has to be the absolute worst disney film I ever saw, with only mexican penguins to make it a little worthwhile.

oh my god was that movie horrible

and to think, that same director made mad max

I think he's gone of the deep end

TequilaClock

What was so wrong with Happy Feet, grinches? I actually liked it.

Munglai

Quote from: Dagwood;1480323I concur entirely.

It seems that in the last oh... 10 years, Pixar has gone from being a really good source of appealing-to-all shorts that display a lot of intellect and meaning to being a source of gold-plated turds.

By which I mean, they have crapped out maybe 10 movies in the last 5-6 years (if I'm not accidentally exaggerating) and of the 10 about 2 are actually watchable. The rest are shitty "I wish I didn't sit through that" kids movies.

So I mean sure every now and then Pixar does stumble across a good idea but overall they come out with so much crap that it seems really "hit-and-miss" in terms of how they make money. Like they either make a shit ton of money and make a lot of buzz for a while (see Wall E or Finding Nemo) or they just fail miserably.

What I'm trying to say is original Pixar shorts display a shit ton more meaning than any of these crapshite movies.

Toy Story, Toy Story 2, Monsters Inc, Finding Nemo, The Incredibles, Ratatouille and Wall-E are all wonderful films in terms of animation, technology, writing, direction and design. I'm pretty sick of a few of them having seen them many times but that's only to be expected.

You guys are just a load of whiners.

Biblo

The shorts are great yes, but Cars and A Bug's Life are the only Pixar features I wouldn't consider absolutely fantastic.