News:

If you need instructions on how to get through the hotels, check out the enclosed instruction book.

Main Menu

for the comic book fan in all of us, A SNEAK PEAK AT THE WATCHMEN!

Farted by Kaijuclock, January 01, 2009, 09:08:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.


SockpuppetClock


Biblo

Quote from: SockpuppetClock;1485512What's up with 1:40? :(

seriously?

salt

i still don't understand why this movie will be so good

last time i heard (and saw), zack snyder was pretty meh

i think the only reason this'll be relatively alright is because watchmen itself (the novel at least), seems pretty amazing

i really want to read it. might buy it soon.


also muse didn't help during this
hej.

okkkkkkkk,k


http://www.last.fm/user/SaltClock


vvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvv

Biblo

Quote from: salt;1485610i still don't understand why this movie will be so good

Quote from: salt;1485610because watchmen itself (the novel at least), seems pretty amazing

you answered your own question

salt

Quote from: Biblo;1485613you answered your own question

just because the franchise is good, doesn't mean the movie will be good


good directors and actors help you know


EDIT:

also i said 'seems'

i haven't read it so if i thought it was bad then this movie would most likely be quite awful

in my opinion of course
hej.

okkkkkkkk,k


http://www.last.fm/user/SaltClock


vvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvv

Kaijuclock

Quote from: Biblo;1485613you answered your own question

beat me to it :(

Marlin Clock

Personally, I didn't think Watchman was that great, but I guess I haven't read many comic books.

Kaijuclock

Quote from: Da Coach;1485619Personally, I didn't think Watchman was that great, but I guess I haven't read many comic books.

im currently refraining from posting something about a bible graphic novel

TequilaClock


Marlin Clock


Poltergeist

So guys


Warner Brothers and 20th Century Fox are aruging over who owns the rights to the story (I thought it was just Miller) and a judge ruled there would be a trial on the 20th as to whether the movies release will be blocked.

I really doubt that will happen though, as they'd lose too much oney.

Maltese

Quote from: Da Coach;1485619Personally, I didn't think Watchman was that great, but I guess I haven't read many comic books.

dude, it's not just a great comic, it's an amazing piece of literary beauty; it alone has legitimized comics as an artform.

fuck off.

zl

Quote from: Maltese;1485728dude, it's not just a great comic, it's an amazing piece of literary beauty; it alone has legitimized comics as an artform.

fuck off.

I think Maus had a pretty big hand in that

edit:  well I'm not sure it "established comics as an artform" actually.  Maus more just established that some serious and sincere messages can be told through comics

I GUESS THIS THREAD ISN'T ABOUT THIS ANYWAY


Edit#2:  Hey Alan Moore thinks Art Spiegelman is awesome:
Quote from: wikipediaAlan Moore praised Maus, saying "I have been convinced that Art Spiegelman is perhaps the single most important comic creator working within the field and in my opinion Maus represents his most accomplished work to date."

Maltese

Quote from: Zombie Lincoln;1485768I think Maus had a pretty big hand in that

edit:  well I'm not sure it "established comics as an artform" actually.  Maus more just established that some serious and sincere messages can be told through comics

I GUESS THIS THREAD ISN'T ABOUT THIS ANYWAY

Maus is amazing


Marlin Clock

Quote from: Maltese;1485728dude, it's not just a great comic, it's an amazing piece of literary beauty; it alone has legitimized comics as an artform.

fuck off.
Thank you for a totally informative and nonabrasive response to my statement.

Munglai

I'm trying to remain skeptical but every time I see something new of Watchmen it looks like it's right on track. I don't think the film will ever have the same strength as the comic just because films come with a kind of subconscious pretext and people are more attached to those than they are with books (even comic books). Even if it's really great it's going to go down as a really great comic movie instead of just a really great movie. I don't think you can really make a superhero film that people will accept as genuinely good until you step away from comics. Even something like Watchmen has a comic look to it despite having proper writing behind it.

I want to see a film like Taxi Driver would be if it was about Batman.

Maltese

Quote from: Da Coach;1485811Thank you for a totally informative and nonabrasive response to my statement.

Quote from: PatriotClock;1485782

these folks are awesome; so quiet down marlin.

Marlin Clock

I'm not insulting them, I just didn't find any sense in the whole fake alien invasion threatening the earth. I don't think even that would so easily unify the world.
Nor do I find the death of Rorschach reasonable.