News:

If you need instructions on how to get through the hotels, check out the enclosed instruction book.

Main Menu

Scott Pilgrim casting complete. Michael Cera to fight Superman and The Human Torch

Farted by Slurpee, January 21, 2009, 05:50:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Slurpee

I'm probably the only one here that's excited about this movie, yes?
No matter.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/hr/content_display/news/e3i30fd5ce301fd7727c77c6830dcdbc3d6

Photo collage from Radiomaru, Bryan Lee O'Malley's site thingy:

Left to right: Brendan Routh (Superman =D), Brie Larson, Mae Whitman, Anna Kendrick, Mark Webber, Johnny Simmons, and Alison Pill

That's Todd Ingram, Envy Adams, Roxanne Richter, Stacy Pilgrim, Stephen Stills, Young Neil, and Kim Pine


Sexy, sexy Chris Evans, who you probably know as the douchebag version of Johnny Storm from the Fantastic Four movies, is playing Lucas Lee, the guy Scott beat uneventfully in the second book.


Kieran Culkin, Macaulay Culkin's similar looking brother, played the titular character of Igby Goes Down, if any of you've seen that, and was cast as Wallace Wells.


Ubiquitous lovable dork Michael Cera was cast as the eponymous Scott Plgrim


And the surprisingly hot Mary Elizabeth Winstead is to play Ramona Flowers.




gaaawwwwwwd I hope this movie turns out good.
There's, what, about 15-20 minutes available for each volume at best? And Cera's never played anybody as awesome as Scott.
But I've liked every Edgar Wright movie I've seen so far, and most Michael Cera things, and the whole of the comic series thus far, so here's hoping.

The cast mostly looks the part, I think, if not necessarily in their glamour shots. The kid they got for Young Neil, particularly.

You can see good comparison shots in this horrendous blog:
http://community.livejournal.com/ohnotheydidnt/31588339.html

TequilaClock


Topcatyo

Now, I haven't read Scott Pilgrim yet (I very much would like to), so, forgive my ignorance when asking this:
Is George Michael going to be fighting against Ann Veal or is she just some character?

Slurpee

that's kind of a minor spoiler from volume 4. though, I guess telling you that pretty much makes answer obvious and spoils things anyway.

it turns out that one of the 7 evil exes Scott has to fight to date Ramona is a girl. Scott doesn't hit girls, though! drama!

so, short answer yes. look forward to an arrested development sword-fight reunion.

Biblo

it's so hard to tell what to think
but whatever about good or bad adaptation, being edgar wright, i'm sure this will be a great film either way

SnakeClock

Hey, I'm excited about a Scott Pilgrim movie!

Michael Cena's a dynamite choice for the lead! I just hope he won't be too much of a wuss. :p


Topcatyo

Quote from: Slurpee;1502644that's kind of a minor spoiler from volume 4. though, I guess telling you that pretty much makes answer obvious and spoils things anyway.

it turns out that one of the 7 evil exes Scott has to fight to date Ramona is a girl. Scott doesn't hit girls, though! drama!

so, short answer yes. look forward to an arrested development sword-fight reunion.
I kinda figured.  Thanks for telling me, though.
Quote from: Hogarth Hughes;1502656Hey, I'm excited about a Scott Pilgrim movie!

Michael Cena's a dynamite choice for the lead! I just hope he won't be too much of a wuss. :p
I would love to see Michael Cera break out of the awkward kid role he's been so far.  Not sure about Nick and Norah (don't care), but yeah.
It'd be really surprising and strange to see him suddenly get into a violent fistfight with someone.  I'm taking a guess that the fights in Scott Pilgrim are really over-the-top and all that, but it's close.

SnakeClock

Quote from: Homer Sexual;1502662I'm taking a guess that the fights in Scott Pilgrim are really over-the-top and all that, but it's close.

They're not so much over the top as off to the side, if you get my meaning. :cool:

I mean, in Volume 2, he beats one of the guys by getting him to skateboard down a steep rail until he goes so fast that he explodes.

Maltese

Quote from: Hogarth Hughes;1502752They're not so much over the top as off to the side, if you get my meaning. :cool:

I mean, in Volume 2, he beats one of the guys by getting him to skateboard down a steep rail until he goes so fast that he explodes.

scott pilgrim is essentially a superhero, man.

SnakeClock

Quote from: Looking For A Good Fuck;1502800scott pilgrim is essentially a superhero, man.

More of a video game hero. I mean, hell, in Volume 3 he got a 1-up.

Maltese

Quote from: Hogarth Hughes;1502862More of a video game hero. I mean, hell, in Volume 3 he got a 1-up.

yeah he did, he also levels up in volume 4

SnakeClock

Quote from: Looking For A Good Fuck;1502888yeah he did, he also levels up in volume 4

You shouldn't have censored the "Volume 4" part; I haven't read it yet. :jerk:

Maltese

Quote from: Hogarth Hughes;1502890You shouldn't have censored the "Volume 4" part; I haven't read it yet. :jerk:

sorry, it's only a small part of the story anyway, like 1 panel in 1 page

Topcatyo

I'm going to choose to not read these spoiler tags.  I want to be surprised by the book when I read it.
Damn, man, I gotta start saving my money.

SnakeClock

Quote from: Homer Sexual;1502967I'm going to choose to not read these spoiler tags.  I want to be surprised by the book when I read it.
Damn, man, I gotta start saving my money.

At least you know you've got a lot to look forward to. ;)

Topcatyo

Quote from: Hogarth Hughes;1502986At least you know you've got a lot to look forward to. ;)
Yups :)

RomanClock

It would be nice if I had some context, I've never heard of basically anything here so maybe some IMDB links might help, the only thing I found was Scot P v The World and not much other info...
lemayo lol :soups:

Slurpee

Quote from: RomanClock;1503014It would be nice if I had some context, I've never heard of basically anything here so maybe some IMDB links might help, the only thing I found was Scot P v The World and not much other info...
Scott Pilgrim is an awesome indy comic book series from Canada that's being adapted into a movie, directed by Edgar Wright, who also directed Shaun of the Dead and Hot Fuzz.

There isn't a lot of information on the movie, outside of what you've probably found already, but you can mostly learn about the comics without reading them here:
http://www.scottpilgrim.com/

The short of it is it's a contemporary, hipster take on growing up (in the adolescent to adult sense) buried amongst copious video game references, and a surreal, sometimes cartoonish existence, with the odd slice-of-life moment mixed in.

There are previews here:
http://www.scottpilgrim.com/index.php?id=previews
So you can see if they're your thing. (Which they might not be- You seem kinda square, no offense.)
Oh, and the first volume doesn't have much in common, thematically, with the rest of the books, until like the last maybe 20 or so pages. It's a good read in its own right, but a lot of people got mad about how much it changes.

If you want to buy them, to read them, technically they should be somewhere in the graphic novel section of most major bookstores, but I've only ever seen at the most literally 1 copy of 1 book in any given Borders or Barnes & Noble, so I'd go with Amazon, just for simplicity's sake.

ActionClock

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]