News:

If you need instructions on how to get through the hotels, check out the enclosed instruction book.

Main Menu

click here to log out

Farted by Losperman, November 01, 2005, 01:26:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Slurpee

Slurpee

I had the same problem with the chorus of "crocodile rock" and "you're the voice"
"YAAHHHHHHHHHHHH yahayahayahyah yah" and "OHH-UHOHHH OH-OHHOH OH- WHA-OHH OHHH-OH OH-OHOHOH" didn't turn up much on google
also land of a thousand dances. "naaaa nanana-na, na na na naaaaa nana naa na na na- na na na naaaaaa!"

oh, and just a woman's voice horsely shouting "ALL THOSE PEOPLE!" which, creepy.
after actual years I suddenly remembered the follow-up line, a gruff male defensively shouting "hey it wasn't MY IDEA!" turned out to be linda fiorintino and matt damon in Dogma.

I never figured out the source of this elderly man's voice pleadingly saying "oh lord no!" that I thought might have been from kill bill or no country for old men but nope. it is SO CLEAR in my head but what the fuck was I watching where an old man would be saying that?

Slurpee

not being familiar with it at all it sounds like either a kids in the hall/ucb/mr. show sketch, or a bbc sitcom

Slurpee

man linda fiorentino was good in Men in Black AND Dogma and she wasn't in the sequels or any of kevin smith's other shit. I wonder if she's hard to work with.

also andie mcdowell. she was good in groundhog day and michael and then nothing until she played the woman who slept with the guy with the giant dick in the magic mike sequel

wait

i need to take my adderall

FLOUNDERMAN_CLOCK

Quote from: Slurpee on January 25, 2017, 04:15:35 PM
Quote from: RobClock on January 25, 2017, 01:53:33 PM
i really hope i can go on twitter sometime in the next four years without my feed being filled with people who make drawings i like bitching about politics i couldnt care any less about
a few years ago I had a couple tumblrs bookmarked like "happy gay dudes cuddling dot tumblr dot com" like this shit makes me happy and every once in a while one of them would just also go "[image of a violently mangled body] REMEMBER THAT PHYSICAL VIOLENCE IS A REAL THREAT TO LGBT PEOPLE ALL AROUND THE WORLD AND" like holy shit dude I fucking know that, that's not what I come here for
this sort of shit is why I stopped going to tumblr forever ago and never got a twitter.

too many gays and artists stopping me from posting gore and political rants.

BilliardBall10

Quote from: GreyClock on January 25, 2017, 06:09:44 PM
You've seen movies and shows and read books what's that reference from? It's like an excuse: "I can't do it, I got a wife, a kid, a cat and a dog!"
And then other people are like "That guy won't shut the fuck up about his wife, his kid, his cat and his dog!"

You want me to go to bed and lie in the dark going over movies and shows and books and scenes and scenarios till dawn?

no! i want to help you!

so, i've searched a bit online, and all i could find was this movie quote from the movie ''network'' (1976) :

Max Schumacher: I feel lousy about the pain that I've caused (to) my wife and kids. I feel guilty and conscience-stricken, and all of those things you think sentimental, but which my generation calls simple human decency. And I miss my home, because I'm beginning to get scared shitless, because all of a sudden it's closer to the end than the beginning, and death is suddenly a perceptible thing to me, with definable features.

also, an other good place where you can find fragments of the ''i've got a wife, my kids +a dog/cat'' quote are the ''lethal weapon'' movies... (just look them up)

i couldnt find anything else, sorry.

Quote from: Slurpee on January 25, 2017, 06:18:14 PM
I had the same problem with the chorus of "crocodile rock" and "you're the voice"
"YAAHHHHHHHHHHHH yahayahayahyah yah" and "OHH-UHOHHH OH-OHHOH OH- WHA-OHH OHHH-OH OH-OHOHOH" didn't turn up much on google
also land of a thousand dances. "naaaa nanana-na, na na na naaaaa nana naa na na na- na na na naaaaaa!"

i feel you, i have the same exact problem whem im searching for cool music that i've heard in the radio.

and usually, when i try to describe the song's chorus/the lyrics of the song that im trying to find, i can hear it perfectly on my head (and it feels coherent too), but when i try to sing it out loud, it sounds something like this:
AH AH AH AH ZOOM BA DUM DUM DUM RHEEEYEAH UM UM UM UM CHE RE RE RE RE DUM TIM, UH UH BOOM BOOM AH AH AH etc etc

and then i go on a long, epic quest on finding that song myself... (usually by searching on google/youtube, or by trying to recollect the lyrics/the beat into a more realistic/accurate thing...)

some clocks will remember my music-quest in this old thread:
http://clockcrew.net/talk/index.php?topic=101574.msg1908784#msg1908784

FYI, i found the song some time later, and it was  the song ''supermassive black holes'' by muse, filled with the same beat+the weird people in the bird costumes.

i know, muse isnt a good band, but i was young, and i like(d) some of their songs, so what can i say?

PS: also, its worth mentioning that ''shazam'' is a very handy tool that has solved most of my ''music-finding quests'' recently... (there are STILL hard songs/beats to find tho, so i still have to go on long net search quests sometimes)

PS2: linda fiorentino was indeed good on ''men in black''. i guess she was bad to work with, if she never took part in the sequels of MiB/of kevin harts movies.

also andie mc dowel has been not only beautiful, but she always looked like a nice person, and i always liked watching her movies.

k -i raise dragons. here we go -click HERE- i mean click the eggs -and the dragons, until they become  adults.

PhantomCatClock

Yeah, that's part of the reason I hate Tumblr. When an artist stops using a dedicated art gallery website and moves exclusively to Tumblr, they're dead to me. Not because I hate Tumblr (I do) and not because I don't want to chase them down (I usually don't) but because even if you DO tag your shit correctly, it's so awkward to look through your gallery on Tumblr, and I definitely 100% do not want the extra shit they have to say.

PhantomCatClock

also, I surpassed 50 submissions and was going to wait until I passed 100 to bring it up, but I think I should get the super duper 100 animation B award trophy because who can possibly know how many of my flashes got removed in the antiflood

RobClock

Quote from: GreyClock on January 25, 2017, 05:43:48 PM
Far be it from me to knight white, but Tom Fulp doesn't seem like the kind of guy that would do this because he got bored one afternoon. When I asked him about some of my movies (before I knew this was some big event) he told me it was a dark time and that he was forced to do it, i.e. probably under threat of lawsuit. The choice between risking your livelihood & thus the ability to provide for loved ones versus deleting some dumb cartoons doesn't seem like much of a choice at all. Also I highly doubt record labels are scanning SWFs for MP3s. I had this one movie that had like a five second loop of a riff from a Butthole Surfers song released on an independent label and it got unpublished, probably because I filled in the audio credits for that particular submission. If "they" are scanning anything it's that field, be it automatically or manually.

I agree that Tom is at heart a good and decent guy and that his hand was definitely forced in the matter because even just by itself, Newgrounds is a drain on his income that he eats, one assumes, monthly. I hate to see all these flash pulled down and what is essentially the final nail in the coffin of a form on entertainment I enjoyed online for nearl half of my life at this time, I fin it very hard to hold it against Tom when in addition to that base level deficit he's running the site on, he's got huge multimedia companies coming down on his ass for copyright infringement on thousands of different items.

RobClock

Quote from: Slurpee on January 25, 2017, 04:15:35 PM
Quote from: RobClock on January 25, 2017, 01:53:33 PM
i really hope i can go on twitter sometime in the next four years without my feed being filled with people who make drawings i like bitching about politics i couldnt care any less about
a few years ago I had a couple tumblrs bookmarked like "happy gay dudes cuddling dot tumblr dot com" like this shit makes me happy and every once in a while one of them would just also go "[image of a violently mangled body] REMEMBER THAT PHYSICAL VIOLENCE IS A REAL THREAT TO LGBT PEOPLE ALL AROUND THE WORLD AND" like holy shit dude I fucking know that, that's not what I come here for
SIGNAL BOOST
WHALES ARE DYING EVERY DAY IN BOTH THE WILd AND IN CAPTIVITY HERE ARE 7 PICTuRES OF MUTILATED WHALES

-----reblogger says:
Omg guys this is SO important!! Please share this to do your part in feeling a false sense of superiority for having done nothing to alleviate this issue in any real way

PhantomCatClock

GreyClock

That's the problem with these things, it's a bitch to google, something just has to click. E.g. "Oh lord no!" I hear in Tommy Lee Jones' voice from No Country for Old Men. Did you discount that because it didn't sound like the one in your head or because you didn't happen to find it in the movie? Because it's definitely in there.

"Where is home? I've wondered where home is, and I realized, it's not Mars or someplace like that, it's Indianapolis when I was nine years old. I had a brother and a sister, a cat and a dog, and a mother and a father and uncles and aunts. And there's no way I can get there again." from an interview with Kurt Vonnegut in 2006, which I definitely didn't read. Maybe he used something similar in a book of his. Although I'm pretty sure I heard it and not read it. To me there's something weirdly funny about owning both a cat and a dog.

GreyClock

GreyClock

"He's gotta go home to his wife and child [weird break in speech] his cat and fuckin' dog."

I don't know. Shoot me in my brain.

Linda Fiorentina was in Liberty Stands Still which came out the same year as Phone Booth.

Slurpee

Quote from: GreyClock on January 26, 2017, 04:52:39 AM
That's the problem with these things, it's a bitch to google, something just has to click. E.g. "Oh lord no!" I hear in Tommy Lee Jones' voice from No Country for Old Men. Did you discount that because it didn't sound like the one in your head or because you didn't happen to find it in the movie? Because it's definitely in there.

it didn't sound like the one in my head, yeah

it's like... I want to say it was from a scene in a movie, and somebody was pointing a gun at him or something, and it was somebody who he wasn't expecting to be pointing a gun at him?
like he stopped to help or was just running a convenience store or something, and it was either a violent psychopath, like maybe Devil's Rejects or Natural Born Killers, or it was a kooky misunderstanding in some over the top crime movie like Kiss Kiss Bang Bang or Smokin Aces. or some kind of mix of both like Dusk til Dawn

Slurpee

GreyClock

Haha holy shit that's exactly it. A wife and a family and a dog and a cat.

GreyClock

Guess what I'm doing for the next two-plus hours.

GreyClock

"I've just been through a terrible ordeal! My neighbor's wife has been kidnapped!"

"If you print that, our relationship will be terminated."

zl

Quote from: PhantomCatClock on January 25, 2017, 11:20:47 PM
Yeah, that's part of the reason I hate Tumblr. When an artist stops using a dedicated art gallery website and moves exclusively to Tumblr, they're dead to me. Not because I hate Tumblr (I do) and not because I don't want to chase them down (I usually don't) but because even if you DO tag your shit correctly, it's so awkward to look through your gallery on Tumblr, and I definitely 100% do not want the extra shit they have to say.

Yeah I've looked at making a tumblr a few times but I can't understand it. It seems really difficult to navigate, organize, or communicate through. I can hardly believe it's become this huge social media platform.